You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Dunkirk 10/10 - Imax

Haven't seen it yet and don't know whether it will stand up as a film but Nolan/Zimmer create incredible sensory Imax experiences that pulsate into your consciousness.

Haven't seen it but give it 10/10. I'm going to see it on Monday but it's only an 8 for me.
  • Upvote 2

Dunkirk...Imax version.

A splendid watch. A tad shallow in places. The only thing lacking was a lack of depth of character to make you care sufficiently with the exception of Tom Hardy and Mark Rylance.

Visually stunning and an amazing use of sound.

The usually Nolan trick of playing one pivotal scene over and over from different perspectives.

9.2/10

Trainspotting 2. 6.5/10. Wanted it to be better, thought it would be worse. Some nice touches and dialogue, soundtrack was good despite a lot of song i haven't heard before which wasn't the case twenty one years ago. Lacked the impact and freshness of the first.

Spiderman Homecoming. 8/10. Not bad at all. Had no interest in seeing this because of the reboot of the reboot shenanigans. However this is not a origin movie so we don't have to go through all the spider bite story again. Michael Keaton was at his manical best, he should do more films. Kids loved it and I left pleasantly surprised.

Dunkirk

Don't want to spoil it for anyone but avoid all the reviews.

The film looks great but the soundtrack is stunning, filling you with dread, terror, panic, wonder.

I was dumbstruck when I first watched Heat at the pictures, by the sound during the heist scene, Dunkirk tops even that...and by some distance too.

Thought Mark Rylance was understated, subtle and Oscar worthy.

9/10

Dunkirk

Don't want to spoil it for anyone but avoid all the reviews.

The film looks great but the soundtrack is stunning, filling you with dread, terror, panic, wonder.

I was dumbstruck when I first watched Heat at the pictures, by the sound during the heist scene, Dunkirk tops even that...and by some distance too.

Thought Mark Rylance was understated, subtle and Oscar worthy.

9/10

You've just described pretty much every Mark Rylance performance committed to camera.

Dunkirk - 8.5/10

On holiday, rainy day in Florida, so me and eleven year old lad just went to watch Dunkirk. War films not so much Mrs G's thing, or daughter's thing for that matter, though she was conflicted, having heard Harry Styles was in this.

Anyhow, young Master Richards just turned eleven and I thought it was a good opportunity for a father/son bonding time. I told him my granddad fought in WW2 though he wasn't at Dunkirk.

Not a lot of dialogue in the film, but an incredible use of sound drew you in. The film didn't develop the characters as much as I'd have liked, but it captured the dread and horror of war, without going down the Saving Private Ryan route of blood and guts everywhere, at least in the first 20 mins of that film (though that was a great film).

Harry Styles held his own and I think this lad will be a big star for many years to come.

Good film, great opportunity to discuss WW2 with the lad too, and educate him that this wasn't all that long ago!

• Upvote 1

Trainspotting 2. 6.5/10. Wanted it to be better, thought it would be worse. Some nice touches and dialogue, soundtrack was good despite a lot of song i haven't heard before which wasn't the case twenty one years ago. Lacked the impact and freshness of the first.

Spiderman Homecoming. 8/10. Not bad at all. Had no interest in seeing this because of the reboot of the reboot shenanigans. However this is not a origin movie so we don't have to go through all the spider bite story again. Michael Keaton was at his manical best, he should do more films. Kids loved it and I left pleasantly surprised.

I loved Trainspotting - nailed getting older! The bit in the nightclub when all the kids were singing Radio Ga Ga was spot on - as someone in his 40's a night out in La Go's in town makes you feel like an old cunt when Fleetwood Mac, Bryan Adams, Duran Duran all come on and the place erupts! As good a sequel as I could have hoped for really! 

Went to see an Irish film called Cardboard Gangsters. About a bunch of lads selling weed but attracted by the easy money to be made from heroin. Everything goes tits up when they try to go into the big leagues.. Decent film with a tiny budget. 7/10

I have not had a good run of films which is moslty down to relaying on the crp that coems on Sky movies , not going cinema, being too tight to pay for Sky Store and not being able to navigate through al lthe pop up boxes on them nice wonky sites that nobody on here ever uses.

ID2 - Chadwell - Awful but I was hungover so just needed anything . This was possibly not even anything. Not good at all but I knew this would be the case.

White Island - 2 lads go to Ibiza . Kevin and Perry it aint

Trainspotting 2 - I think I was epxecting more after mates bigged it up . Was good but not great

Night Fare - World cinema genre on sky. Not bad actually . 2 lads dodge a taxi fare in Paris and kind of regret it as the driver is a proper loon.

Popstar - Never Stop Stopping - I loved this . Proper piss take on the music world.

Dunkirk.

The only time I've ever left a cinema wanting to walk right back in and watch it again. It's quite a short film, considering the events it covered. But there's just so, so much to process. It's masterful, really.

I think I'm going to have to watch it again.