You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Dream House - 6/10

I would have scored it a 7 out of 10 but the trailer just showed too much of the plot points for the film. It's frustrating when that happens... but oh well... I thought the story was creepy, but they don't really build up enough tension to have it really creep you out (ala Rosemary's Baby). The storyline is a bit predictable... but oh well... fairly enjoyable.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The scene where his Dad's at the side of the bed and he says something along the lines of "I know you don't understand what's happening but I love you", that was just amazing.

Yeah, it moved me quite a bit as I've seen both cancer and Alzheimers directly and horribly affect two of my family within the last 18 months.

My nan is an absolute shell of a person due Alzheimers. Horrible, horrible affliction.

Drive - 6/10. Great soundtrack, and it was enjoyable enough, but it was still a bit dull.

The Inbetweeners Movie - 4/10. Massive let down.

Aye. It was like a really long music video interspersed with the odd bit of violence. I enjoyed it but it was definitely a case of style over substance

Tree of life - brad pitt and sean penn in this abstract film which although beautifully shot was trying too hard to be different and breaking the logical nature ofmost fims. I did enjoy it but overall it was a bit contrived. 5.5/10.

Captain america - better than i thought 6.5/10.

X-men - anyone else find the addition of the new team annoying? I would have been happier if tjey kept it to magneto, xavier blue girl and baddie. The others distracred from what could have been a great film. 7/10.

Inbetweeners - the first dancing scene had me in bits it was hilarious. Rest of the film was a bit meh and the happy ending pissed me off a bit. All in all it was funny so solid 7/10 for me.

Killing Bono

7/10. Overall, it was quite good, mainly because I like U2. The Only thing I'd say is there was a few things that could have been ironed out. For instance they had Bono gorwing up in Howth (An upper class area), Dublin, when he grew up on the other side of the city in Glasnevin (In a working class area). It was Pete Poslethwaithe's last movie too which is something I suppose.

The Inbetweeners

7/10

Not as good as the programme, not sure where they can go with it afer this either.

The Inbetweeners - 7/10

Not as hilarious as the show when it was at it's best, but quite funny throughout, enjoyed it. Someome mentioned that the writers wanted a more downbeat ending, which I think would have been a lot better than what we got.

Horrible Bosses - 5/10

A few mildly amusing moments aside, just wasn't funny. Gets up to an average rating mainly down to Jennifer Aniston, who has aged rather nicely. She's pure sex in this.

Little Children - 6/10

Interesting film. Although I got bored a little at times, it still managed to keep me engaged throughout, despite not a lot happening. There were a lot of good performances, but the annoying voiceover which seemed to just explicitly describe the every emotion and thought of characters let it down a bit. Think I sort of liked it, still not totally sure.

Warrior 8.5/10

As far as predictable and cliche go, this is as good as it gets. Great performances, Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte are both superb. Loved it.

Plane binge

Harry Potter the last one.

It was alright, although the ending where they all pretend to be old and married with kids despite looking the same was a bit weird.

6.5/10

Captain America

Nowt too wrong with it, and I did approve of the posh English totty, but also got a bit bored.

3.5/10 - loses two points for basically just being a trailer for the Avengers.

Thor

Doesn't take itself too seriously and watchable enough, but is a bit of a mess.

3.5/10 - loses two points for basically just being a trailer for the Avengers.

The Avengers

This film has pissed me off already. Fucking "franchises".

0/10

Midnight in Paris

Every time Woody Allen releases a new film someone says it is the best Woody Allen film in 20 years. This one really is. It's pretty good if you like Woody Allen. Owen Wilson does perhaps the best Allen fill in since John Cusack in Bullets over Broadway.

8/10

Contagion

Eww, Gwyneth Paltrow's face being pealed off! I dig a bit of epidemiology, but I found this a bit dull, and the Jude Law wanker blogger character was quite terribly done. The Marion Cotillard side plot was also really a bit pointless, still it is Marion Cotillard. She's in Midnight in Paris as well and is more foxilicious in that.

6/10

Horrible Bosses

Not over the top enough to be a proper farce, and not dark enough to be a Coen-style black comedy. Colin Farrell is ridiculous and amusing in places and Jennifer Aniston is excellent as the nympho dentist.

5/10 - Bonus point for the dirty talking Aniston.

The Guard

Most amusing small town Irish black crime-comedy. Brendon Gleeson is quality in it. If you liked In Bruges you'll probably like this.

8/10