You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Right then pop-pickers, we now enter the Owen half hour, kicking off with this cheeky little number from the Hot Snakes.

And chances are, if you liked that, you'll dig this.

YouTube - Drive Like Jehu "Golden Brown/Bullet Train to Vegas"

The excellent Drive Like Jehu there... after something a bit more melodic for this late hour? Well I can't promise you soothing vocals, but who needs 'em anyway when Hot Water Music have reformed?

YouTube - Hot Water Music "Paper Thin" Video

I love those guys. Hey, anyone else into Planes Mistaken for Stars?

That's some good shit, almost as underrated as Q and Not U, who are criminally so.

And to round off this little segment, two bands who for me will forever be intrinsically linked. We'll finish with some Taking Back Sunday from the days when they rocked like motherfucking cliff faces, but first a classic from Thursday.

YouTube - Taking Back Sunday- Cute Without the E (cut from the team)

Whats this GF radio anything playing one of the greatest songs from one of the all time great albums (and it not being epic) has got to be worth a listen...

Its a decent song, but that's almost hysterical overstatement. The album has dated badly.

I prefer Introduce yourself.

Right then pop-pickers, we now enter the Owen half hour, kicking off with this cheeky little number from the Hot Snakes.

And chances are, if you liked that, you'll dig this.

YouTube - Drive Like Jehu "Golden Brown/Bullet Train to Vegas"

The excellent Drive Like Jehu there... after something a bit more melodic for this late hour? Well I can't promise you soothing vocals, but who needs 'em anyway when Hot Water Music have reformed?

YouTube - Hot Water Music "Paper Thin" Video

I love those guys. Hey, anyone else into Planes Mistaken for Stars?

That's some good shit, almost as underrated as Q and Not U, who are criminally so.

And to round off this little segment, two bands who for me will forever be intrinsically linked. We'll finish with some Taking Back Sunday from the days when they rocked like motherfucking cliff faces, but first a classic from Thursday.

YouTube - Taking Back Sunday- Cute Without the E (cut from the team)

A nice selection there. I wasn't overly taken with the first one or Drive Like Jehu but I really like the Hot Water Music track. Haven't listened to the others yet, except Taking Back Sunday; what a classic.

A nice selection there. I wasn't overly taken with the first one or Drive Like Jehu but I really like the Hot Water Music track. Haven't listened to the others yet, except Taking Back Sunday; what a classic.

Hot Snakes are well worth persevering with, and check the TBS video.

Its a decent song, but that's almost hysterical overstatement. The album has dated badly.

I prefer Introduce yourself.

Dated Badly!!! No way mate, lyrics to the real thing song are outstanding...Metal meets funk for the first time, genre defining album...I am over defensive of this album though...