You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

young guns

blakey

I was a bit disappointed with rafa this week for not giving more of the youngsters a run out, in particular the local lads who have come through the Academy.Surely its time to see how they might cope.Lindfield and derby are 2 that have been patient and in light of captaining the youth side successfully along with glowing tributes from both heighway, and abblett whilst playing for the reserves on top of getting player of the tournament against excellent sides in milan, and in which there was many bigger players (before some of the"TOO SMALL" minded people write in) surely its time to see if Spearing can step up.Mascherano was easily the best player against birmingham last week and he aint too big! Ferguson tried his last night and although beaten at least the youngsters got the chance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Slur Alex wishes he had fielded a stronger team!

I bet he isn't arsed.

I agree with Blakey up to a point, I think it's a shame a couple of the lads didn't get a chance. Robbief has a point too though, if he'd done it and we'd lost, the shit would have hit the fan like it did after Burnley.

I'm sure if we get an easier draw next round (at home especially) then the likes of Darby, Lindfield, Speo, Putterill, Hobbs etc will be in contention.

In part I agree and understand that the some of the senior players need games e.g. Aurellio, Bennayoun, Crouch, or even Momo. But I would also think Finnan should have been rested so Darby should have had his chance. Linfield wasn't even on the bench disappointed me as well.

In part I agree and understand that the some of the senior players need games e.g. Aurellio, Bennayoun, Crouch, or even Momo. But I would also think Finnan should have been rested so Darby should have had his chance. Linfield wasn't even on the bench disappointed me as well.

Lindfield had the flu anyway, so couldn't have been involved.

Deeply impressed by Spearing tonight. I had doubted him, thinking his small stature would always hold him back, but he has pace to spare, his judgment is impeccable, and his spirit is the equal of Carra’s. The judgment of the high schoolers behind me was that he was a “beast” and a “John Terry in waiting”--he might not ever control the air the way Terry can, but he might not have to. With the size of his lungs, and the size of his heart, it’s a surprise his torso has room for the rest of his organs.

Just for some further info on "Speo". This is a quote from a Mr Andrew Ferguson a coach from Atlanta USA after the "YoungGuns toured there earlier this year , and this is only some of it!

29.09.2007 - 10:57 h. Marca

bruna070929_ES.jpg

THE WHITE EQUIPMENT LOSES TO ONE OF THE JEWELS DE SU QUARRY

The Liverpool takes to the Messi of Madrid

MARK. Blow to the white quarry. The Liverpool has removed Gerardo Bruna, mediapunta of 16 years that was one of per them of the inferior categories. With Barcelona removing chest with Messi, Giovani and Bojan, Madrid hoped to give pelotazo with Bruna shortly, a bred Argentine boy in Spain of great talent. Benítez gave the approval to the draftee of the player.

It changes the market

The equipment every time spends more money in the crossings of players and for that reason they have decided to send itself to the youthful market. They look for young people talents in other clubs, in other countries and they fichan them to play in the inferior categories of its club, in many occasions with astronomical pays. For the adolescent it is a irrechazable opportunity and for the clubs an investment in the long term.

The English, first

The club English was first in initiating this policy of draftees. In 2003 the Arsenal fichó to an adolescent who blunted ways in the Masía, Cesc Fábregas. It played in the inferior categories of the London set until it gave the definitive jump to the first group. Years later, Fran Mérida followed his way. With only 16 years the young soccer player left the azulgrana discipline to file by the Arsenal. Giovanni two Saints or Leo Messi are the clearest examples of than our equipment also has followed this new policy.

This last year has been able to mark before and later. Athletic fichó to the Argentinean Pacheco of 16 years, the Manchester took control of the services of Australian of 9 years and the Bayer fichaba to a Peruvian player of 13 years. A policy risks, since nothing guarantees that these small talents become the stars that are expected.