You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa-Inter 3-0

Newport

Fuck me.

And yes, Inter Milan not Bratislava.

Btw, both Zenden and Cisse was booked in their first game of the season for Marseille.

Its gonna be one hell tough hell of a start to next season

O'Neil will already have them fired up, they may not sustain a challenge but like last season when he first arrived he'll get them off to a flyer, he's already gone on record as saying he's got the future England midfield and unlike Rafa he knows his best team

Unlike Sheff Utd last season a draw would be a good point

Guest Jay W

Just watching a bit of that on Setanta before. Inter have a few players not there and looked all over the place without Viera and Cambiaso.

No it won't. If we draw that game and draw against Chelsea we could already be 7 points behind Man Ure after round 3.

I can see that happening unfortuantely but we wouldn't recover from it.

We need to beat Villa next week and get something against Chelsea.

and unlike Rafa he knows his best team

It's easy when you only have 3-4 good players and the rest of the squad are all as shit as each other.

Rafa seems entirely comfortable with not having a 'best 11' and picking the best players for the situation. 2 La Liga titles, 1 CL, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 Super Cup and a Charity Shield suggest he's not exactly a bad judge.

Nick, I'm getting more than a bit sick of you constantly trying to undermine our confidence in Rafa and hinting with every one of your posts that your concern should be shared by all of us. We get it mate. We get that you don't approve of all our signings this summer. And we get that we don't have your perfect squad. And we all understand and some even agree with your views on Rafa's habit of rotating players. Please mate, find something fresh to say and stop pretending you know how this season's going to turn out and why. If you could let us all be a little bit excited without your doom and gloom for one lousy thread, I'd really appreciate it. You're getting as mind-numbing as Rashid used to be.

Now, on the thread, before Villa returned to form at the end of last season, O'Neill had them playing some really attractive stuff when he first arrived. And like most upper mid-table teams they certainly have players to look out for. But they are certainly beatable, even if they're "all fired up" as someone above said. Add any of our new boys to what we had last year, plus the determination currently in our squad to get a better start to the year, and I'm pretty sure we'll have them. 2-0 to the Reds. Gerrard and Voronin.

It's easy when you only have 3-4 good players and the rest of the squad are all as shit as each other.

Villa's team picks itself but there's no depth to it because they've signed 2 players and sold/released about 8. If they have injuries, or were in Europe, then they'd struggle.

Nick, I'm getting more than a bit sick of you constantly trying to undermine our confidence in Rafa and hinting with every one of your posts that your concern should be shared by all of us. We get it mate. We get that you don't approve of all our signings this summer. And we get that we don't have your perfect squad. And we all understand and some even agree with your views on Rafa's habit of rotating players. Please mate, find something fresh to say and stop pretending you know how this season's going to turn out and why. If you could let us all be a little bit excited without your doom and gloom for one lousy thread, I'd really appreciate it. You're getting as mind-numbing as Rashid used to be.

Now, on the thread, before Villa returned to form at the end of last season, O'Neill had them playing some really attractive stuff when he first arrived. And like most upper mid-table teams they certainly have players to look out for. But they are certainly beatable, even if they're "all fired up" as someone above said. Add any of our new boys to what we had last year, plus the determination currently in our squad to get a better start to the year, and I'm pretty sure we'll have them. 2-0 to the Reds. Gerrard and Voronin.

here fuckin here, nick is so negative, its unbelievable.

Im surprised he never slipped quaresma into the conversation. make or break this season, but lets give the new guys a chance at least

Full Time and Villa looked the part in fairness.

O'Neill defo knows what he's doing and I would have been glad to have him at Anfield before Rafa appeared over the horizon. We don't wanna be giving any pens or free kicks away (Barry's got a class left foot) but we've got enough to see them off.

2-1 with Torres starting off as he means to go on.

Rafa seems entirely comfortable with not having a 'best 11' and picking the best players for the situation. 2 La Liga titles, 1 CL, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 FA Cup, 1 Super Cup and a Charity Shield suggest he's not exactly a bad judge.

Couldn't agree more.

I remember thinking "what the ....?" when we started with Warnock and Kromkamp as wingbacks against Newcastle. Worked though. Since then I've come to two conclusions:

1 - Your "best 11" changes from match to match

2 - Rafa's better at this than I am.

Not convinced we can make up 20 points on both teams above us, but I'm confident we'll close the gap to the top significantly, finish second and be well poised to bring in Number 19 next season.

Their defense is shoddy. Well, their full backs are anyway. If we can get at them from the off we'll have too much for them in attack.

Still might be worth a side bet on a Luke Moore hat-trick though!

I think there first 11 (if fully fit) will give every team in the premiership a decent game and ask questions of the opposition.

Your right about being weak in the full back areas and if we go at them we should bet a lot of joy. This will be one of Rafa's first real tests to see if he's learnt from last years mistakes and if he picks a team to go and win the game or not to get beat as he did at Villa Park last season.

If we go for it and get even luck then we should win but I still think a point there is a much better point than against Sheff Utd.

I can't believe we've got people on here worried about playing Aston fucking Villa.

Let me take you back to last years first game. We drew against Sheffield fucking United. Bet you didn't worry about that either.

About Italian teams and friendlies. I don't think they put much into it which must mean the mancs are really shite this season. :thumbup:

thumbnailsq3.th.jpg

"What's with the negative vibes man"

So Villa win 3-0 a FRIENDLY against Inter. Let's all panic and predict a draw or a loss, AND we'll only get a draw against the chavs. Ffs Villa only played shite teams at the beginning of last season and were unbeaten before they came to Anfield, no fucker gave us a chance then either, and we gave them a footballing lesson in the first half, let's wait and see till after the game, and then give our opinions. Negativity is shite.

I can really see Villa doing something this season. Reo Coker is a very good buy and if anyone can get Harewood's confidence back up, and have him banging them in like he was the other season, Martin O'Neill can. They have a great manager in O'Neill and the backing from Randy Lerner. I reckon top 6 isn't out of the question.

I can really see Villa doing something this season. Reo Coker is a very good buy and if anyone can get Harewood's confidence back up, and have him banging them in like he was the other season, Martin O'Neill can. They have a great manager in O'Neill and the backing from Randy Lerner. I reckon top 6 isn't out of the question.

Not a hope, weaker squad than last season and they were shit then as well.

Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Spurs

Man City

For top 6