You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beckenbauer...

James H

attackers are supposed to get the benefit of the doubt though.

He might not have thought there was any doubt though Dave. If he had perfect superman eyes then there is doubt but if he is looking at it in real time he has the potential to call a very tight one the wrong way because he thinks he's a yard off.

Anyone who would claim it was a bad call after the fact that he is actually off and also that it was so tight you need five slow motion replays to see that should really be looking at how fair they are being. It was fine but he called it right. Thank Keith Almighty that it didn't matter though.

Since his upper body was offside, it was offside.

But since the linesman cannot possibly have been sure of that he was wrong to raise the flag, because clearly you cannot guess as a referee.

But nevermind, we won.

Not giving it would have been a guess too.

There is no rule about giving the advantage to the attacker either.

Guest Manuel

It doesn't matter. It just shows that Dirk has got a poachers instinct, his timing was fucking superb. Finish wasn't half bad either!

We're through so who really cares. If he'd scored maybe they'd have thrown everything at us for the last 20 minutes and nicked a goal.
Very good point. That probably would have happened, so perhaps we should be pleased the linesman was wrong. He was defo onside - that's what Beckenbauer said, too..

Fucking marvellous, isn't it? Some people see Beckenbauer and Collina, as I came in through the Shankly Gates I see.... fucking Sam Allardyce:eek:

I saw Steve Harkness on the way out! His best mate Stan was nowhere to be seen though...

I didn't stop at Fat Sam, saw Russ Abbott and some bloke who used to be in Brookside and The Bill,don't know his name though. Also saw a bloke signing autographs near the players entrance but for the life of me couldn't think of his name. Still can't now!