You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

If it hasnt been posted yet,Here is the original version of what he said.

Rafa Benítez has spoken about his time at Chelsea in an exclusive interview with MARCA: "There are not so many protests from the fans against me, we all know about four or five banners that have always been there but that's a group of fans that is more worried about my past at Liverpool than actually criticising me for my work or our play, and I can't change that".

"I can't go on denying one by one all the things that they say I have said in the past about Chelsea. It would have created a bigger problem. I have just kept my belief in the team so that these people would end up recognising my work", he said.

"My signing for the club was overnight, I had to fly down to London and start training straightaway. I did not think much about 'interim' in Spanish in the contract, and then when it was translated into English it was still there. It’s not the same to have three years of a contract or to finish in June. For example the players see it and it makes a difference to how they view things. They know there is a limit on my time at the club", Benítez explained.

"Do I have a chance of staying here? I take it game by game, no more than that. My idea is to keep coaching a competitive team. Why not in England? We have to wait and see. I will return to Liverpool one day almost certainly, I just don't know when, my daughters and wife are still living there", Rafa continued.

Benítez: "The players know I have a limited time here, and that makes a difference" - MARCA.com (English version)

I don't know if with the first part you've highlighted you are trying to suggest "these people" refers to FSG. To me, it reads as though he's referring to the Chelsea fans that have been so critical of him.

It s a straight copy from the original,click on the link at the bottom.

I don't know if with the first part you've highlighted you are trying to suggest "these people" refers to FSG. To me, it reads as though he's referring to the Chelsea fans that have been so critical of him.

Noticed it was also part two of a interview.Have to try and find the first part.

Speculation has mounted in recent weeks over where Benitez will go next. A leading side in England is an option, and he did not totally dismiss the prospect of a return to Liverpool this week - in part because his family home remains in the north-west.

A local journalist informed Benitez that Russian Liverpool fans are intending to attend tomorrow's match at the Luzhniki Stadium and asked about a return to Anfield.

The Spaniard, wearing a wide smile, said: 'All the support is welcome, but especially for the players, so hopefully the players will feel a little warm and will be fine.

'I have my family in Liverpool so that is my home and I will come back to Liverpool any time.

'Just to clarify: I'm talking about my home, where my family is, not the team.

'I am the Chelsea manager and I will go back next week because we have to play against Liverpool (April 21).'

Only just seen this

This is being taken as him saying he will return to the football club but it reads to me like he means the city moreso

Same to me as well,But if you read what the English papers are saying it is as manager.English press in make believe story that would be a first.

This is why these shower of fucking cunts need regulating.

It also shows what a lazy bunch of bastards they are.You can bet your last pound that one jurno has got on to the story and printed the version the English press have gone with.It only takes a google search to find the original version.

Posted by DD on the MF.

Benitez plays down Reds talk

Wherever Rafael Benitez goes he cannot escape the history achieved at Liverpool - not even ahead of Chelsea's Europa League quarter-final second leg against Rubin Kazan in Moscow.

Benitez was an unpopular appointment at Stamford Bridge due to his prior association with Liverpool - a side he led to the Champions League title in 2005 after a controversial semi-final defeat of the Blues.

In a bid to quell the discontent emanating from the stands, Benitez in February called for them to back the team and confirmed he would be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.

Speculation has mounted in recent weeks over where Benitez will go next. A leading side in England is an option, and he did not totally dismiss the prospect of a return to Liverpool this week - in part because his family home remains in the north-west.

A local journalist informed Benitez that Russian Liverpool fans are intending to attend Thursday's match at the Luzhniki Stadium and asked about a return to Anfield.

The Spaniard, wearing a wide smile, said: "All the support is welcome, but especially for the players, so hopefully the players will feel a little warm and will be fine.

"I have my family in Liverpool so that is my home and I will come back to Liverpool any time.

"Just to clarify: I'm talking about my home, where my family is, not the team.

"I am the Chelsea manager and I will go back next week because we have to play against Liverpool (April 21)."

The reaction of Chelsea's anticipated small band of travelling fans will be intriguing at a venue where they have experienced defeat on the biggest stage - the 2008 Champions League final penalty shootout loss to Manchester United.

The ghost was put to rest when Chelsea beat Spartak Moscow 2-0 on their return to the arena in October 2010, also in the Champions League, but the Europa League is new territory for a team perennially in the latter stages of the top-tier European competition.

That is nothing to do with Benitez; his predecessor Roberto Di Matteo's side had already become the first holders to exit the competition prior to his November appointment.

Now the Spaniard is seeking to finish his Blues career on a high, beginning with safe passage into Friday's semi-final draw ahead of Sunday's FA Cup semi-final with Manchester City at Wembley.

Midfielder John Obi Mikel recently suggested he struggles for motivation for the Europa League, but a trophy is on the horizon.

Chelsea could become the first team to hold the Europa League and Champions League trophies at the same time - for a few days at least - if they win the final in Amsterdam on May 15.

That is the aim for Benitez, whose side must first confirm their last-four place after taking a 3-1 aggregate lead following the first leg.

Benitez said: "We have a lot of respect for Rubin Kazan. We know that it's a good team.

"All my players know how important this competition is and they will be really pleased if we go through and will go to the final and if we can win the final."

Chelsea's lead is commanding, but Rubin Kazan are difficult opponents as Inter Milan, 2012 Europa League winners Atletico Madrid and Levante have found out.

Kazan are also playing away from home, due to inclement weather 500 miles further east in their home city where they beat Inter, but Benitez does not anticipate a shock.

"We know the team, so they can do well and then maybe we have to react," said Benitez, who is unconcerned about the synthetic pitch.

"I have confidence we can do well. I don't see too many surprises.

"If they play well, fair enough, but not because we are surprised."

Benitez will rotate his players with City in mind, with captain John Terry and midfielder Frank Lampard expected to return to the starting line-up.

Chelsea must also adapt in defence, where the absences of left-backs Ashley Cole (hamstring) and Ryan Bertrand (illness) force a change.

Experienced Portuguese Paulo Ferreira and 18-year-old Dutchman Nathan Ake are options and Benitez has backed the latter to perform, if selected.

"I don't think it will be a big problem for Ake if he has to play there," Benitez said.

Benitez plays down Reds talk | Premier League News | Sporting Life Football

Agree with the others who say it looks like he's referring to the city, that said why does anyone give a shit if he means the club?

Like him or not, want him back or not, the man obviously loves Liverpool FC and the City of Liverpool. If his personal ambition is to one day manage this club again then so be it. Either he'll prove himself the best candidate available for the owners and return or he won't.

I'm sure there's a few who would actively root against him but the majority would give him time just as right now there are a majority who're more than willing to give Rodgers time and a few who can't stand him.

There's a saying I've heard many times, I'm sure most have heard it too or something similar. It goes "Show me the most amazing woman you can find and I'll show you a man who's tired of her shit". Same with managers (loads of things really), we could get someone like Klopp or Guardiola and if the results didn't match the hype there would be people calling for his head within the season.

Agree with the others who say it looks like he's referring to the city, that said why does anyone give a shit if he means the club?

Like him or not, want him back or not, the man obviously loves Liverpool FC and the City of Liverpool. If his personal ambition is to one day manage this club again then so be it. Either he'll prove himself the best candidate available for the owners and return or he won't.

I'm sure there's a few who would actively root against him but the majority would give him time just as right now there are a majority who're more than willing to give Rodgers time and a few who can't stand him.

There's a saying I've heard many times, I'm sure most have heard it too or something similar. It goes "Show me the most amazing woman you can find and I'll show you a man who's tired of her shit". Same with managers (loads of things really), we could get someone like Klopp or Guardiola and if the results didn't match the hype there would be people calling for his head within the season.

Brilliant post.

Are you reading this Code ?

I really warmed to Klopp after his interview following their jammy win on Tuesday.

He couldnt hide the fact they were lucky, but you can see why players play for him, he's an infectious character who is in love with the game. I think any manager who can make modern players fall in love with football is on to a winner. There's too much apathy from players and manager in football these days, just going through the motions without any joy. Klopp seems to have the antidote to that.

Rodgers definitely deserves another season, but I'd board the Klopp train if things didnt work out.

Just a thought about earlier in the thread, if people think its wrong to want Chelsea to win Europa, fa cup and get top 4 for rafa because Chelsea are supposedly our rivals even though we ain't competing for any of them things, what was going on against Blackburn all those years ago because from my memory Liverpool fans wanted Kenny to win.

• Downvote 1

We'll have no more of these reasoned posts in this thread, thank you very much!

[/b]

Are you reading this Code ?

Not sure why you mention me in this regard, Rodgers problem is not that his results does not match the hype, his problem is that they follow a pattern seen throughout his career.

A pattern which has led to nothing part from mid table mediocrity and who dont have an upside big enough to ever make us challenge for titles.

Just a thought about earlier in the thread, if people think its wrong to want Chelsea to win Europa, fa cup and get top 4 for rafa because Chelsea are supposedly our rivals even though we ain't competing for any of them things, what was going on against Blackburn all those years ago because from my memory Liverpool fans wanted Kenny to win.

we weren't at that point rivals at the top to be honest and it was more to do with blackburn doing the mancs over as they had been dominating. I was in the kop that day and remember redknapp scoring the winner.... people didn't know what the fuck to do. 30 seconds later and the place goes bananas because the mancs drew at west ham.

plus - back then blackburn weren't cunts. I was made up for them as much as I was for the mancs losing. the mancs losing is the same reason i wanted everton to win the cup final, i actually remember being a kid in my dad's pub on cup final day and the place full of reds and blues and it going bananas at the end.

i wanted everton to beat chelsea a few years back too. chelsea are fucking cunts and rafa is the only shining light.