You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen and is filled with bollocks.If rafa wanted to leave why didn't he go to juve who were desperate for him with one of there players coming out every week praising him, that was a nice cushy job at the time good money to spend and all they wanted was top 4, he wanted to stay here and only took the inter job when he was sacked and eager to get back in management.Also the fact he is desperate to come back and still lives in the city makes the notion he was desperate to leave bollocks.

You then say the bad atmosphere was down to him and the club didn't need him interfering when they were selling the club, from my memory bad atmosphere was due to the owners filling the club with debt and spending no money, something rafa helped exposé.As for him having negative effect on the sale of club he kept key players here that made the club valueable and him exposing the owners was a large reason they didn't manage to hold on to the club by more loaning due to fans protesting due to people like rafa exposing them as cunts.

Eh..... none of this common sense in here sonny jim. Only childish cry babies allowed.

Rafa the evil devil worshipper, cutting off childrens heads. Putting posion ivy in the dressing room.

All the while trying to engineer his way out of the club by turning down Juventus and advances from Real Madrid and settling his family on merseyside and setting up charities in the city.

OOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the terrible man.

That one had to be deliberate?!

You just never know.

Did I fuck. Benitez's last season was a disaster. He had alienated all of the board and half of the team. We finished 7th. The atmosphere within the club was poisonous - the worst in living memory- largely down to him.

What is with this perverse desire to want to airbrush Hicks and Gillett out of this particular picture?

They were the root cause but reading your post it's almost as if they were the victims.

You just never know.

What is with this perverse desire to want to airbrush Hicks and Gillett out of this particular picture?

They were the root cause but reading your post it's almost as if they were the victims.

Hicks and Rafa were indeed allies, important point, thanks mate.

Hicks and Rafa were indeed allies, important point, thanks mate.

See, I don't want history to repeat itself. I'd prefer people to know exactly who it was that caused so much damage to the club.

I don't want to have to boycott any more games or hand out leaflets or be shouted down for 'not supporting the team'.

I don't know how much it means to a stay away whopper like yourself but to me it means a lot.

You should keep your bitterness and irrationality to yourself. There are more important things going on.

See, I don't want history to repeat itself. I'd prefer people to know exactly who it was that caused so much damage to the club.

I don't want to have to boycott any more games or hand out leaflets or be shouted down for 'not supporting the team'.

I don't know how much it means to a stay away whopper like yourself but to me it means a lot.

You should keep your bitterness and irrationality to yourself. There are more important things going on.

I'm sure there is, champ, I'm sure there is.

very-important-stuff-notepad-gear-patrol.jpg

Just glad we can agree that he allied himself with Tom Hicks to secure himself a big contract, thanks for reminding everyone.

So you're saying you don't agree that he allied himself with Tom Hicks to get himself a massive contract and subsequently a massive payoff?

Substantiate your claims.

Cant be difficult to do given your assuredness on the matter.

Substantiate your claims.

Cant be difficult to do given your assuredness on the matter.

Take it you haven't read "An Epic Swindle: 44 Months with a Pair of Cowboys"? I guess you have too much important stuff going on to find time to read. ;)

Sorry didn't Rafa waive 10m of his payoff money?

He was so clearly desperate to leave he has been trying to get back ever since.

Silly logic on your part lad.

Considering the amount of money he actually got in payoff money that must've been one helluva contract he got out of the Tom Hicks - alliance!

Take it you haven't read "An Epic Swindle: 44 Months with a Pair of Cowboys"? I guess you have too much important stuff going on to find time to read. ;)

No, please, educate the forum on Rafa's nefarious plans.

You've done some reading have you?

Well, clearly you should know who was responsible for the clubs demise in recent years.

No, please, educate the forum on Rafa's nefarious plans.

Apparantly I already have - says pretty straightforward that Rafa allied himself with Hicks to get rid of Parry and get a new 5 year contract.

You've done some reading have you?

I have indeed, thank you for noticing! Then again, I'm probably not half as busy as you doing important things.

Well, clearly you should know who was responsible for the clubs demise in recent years.

Off course I do - Moores, Parry, Rafa, Hicks and Gillett - in random order! ;)

Apparantly I already have - says pretty straightforward that Rafa allied himself with Hicks to get rid of Parry and get a new 5 year contract.

Is that it? Does he expand on why?

Where does that tally next to putting 300 million pounds worth of debt on the club?

When recalling that period now, why does it even need mentioning?

Your sarcasm is a joy but it's misguided. There are more important things to be concerned about and it's important for people to remember that period for what it was. That way history has less chance of repeating itself.

I know you'd rather indulge your irrational dislike of a man you've never met but other people aren't that sad in the head.

Do you see what I mean?

I have indeed, thank you for noticing! Then again, I'm probably not half as busy as you doing important things.

Off course I do - Moores, Parry, Rafa, Hicks and Gillett - in random order! ;)

Rafa features but no Christian or Ian in there :whatever:

Just to gain insight. Your dislike of Benitez has been gained / or reinforced with what you've read in An Epic Swindle. What was your viewpoint prior to reading that.

Guest San Don

Fucking hell, fed up of saying this, Im not one of benitez's greatest fans. I think he had to go when he did. But, all this shite that he 'sided' with one of the two cowboys to get rid of parry?

Are you fucking serious!?

The man did my head in with his tactics, substitutions and pretty dismal overall transfer record but, fuck me, he had us a top team and club at home and in europe. I dont subscribe to this he was virtually single handedly the cause of the poor atmosphere within the club as some are trying to make out.

Fucking wise up will some of you or at least stop trying to spread the myths.

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen and is filled with bollocks.If rafa wanted to leave why didn't he go to juve who were desperate for him with one of there players coming out every week praising him' date=' that was a nice cushy job at the time good money to spend and all they wanted was top 4, he wanted to stay here and only took the inter job when he was sacked and eager to get back in management.Also the fact he is desperate to come back and still lives in the city makes the notion he was desperate to leave bollocks.

You then say the bad atmosphere was down to him and the club didn't need him interfering when they were selling the club, from my memory bad atmosphere was due to the owners filling the club with debt and spending no money, something rafa helped exposé.As for him having negative effect on the sale of club he kept key players here that made the club valueable and him exposing the owners was a large reason they didn't manage to hold on to the club by more loaning due to fans protesting due to people like rafa exposing them as cunts.[/quote'] I truly haven't read any of your post but I hope you dissolve in your own stomach acid you melt.