You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ref change for tomorrow!!!

fivetimes

Guest Jay W

All the officials in the game now are thick twats anyways so it doesn't make a difference to me, they'll all as bad as each other.

And the home Carling Cup game with Arsenal where he was so far up there arse it was incredible, he gave them fucking everything that night

I knew I recognised his name, and I knew it was because he was unbelievably bad. I couldn't remember the game though, but yeah you're right.

It's fair to say I'm now worried. Shows how awful he is when I'm pining for Graeme Poll!

Just looked back and picked this out of my match report from the Arsenal game:

"The referee in this game was an absolute disgrace. He didn’t affect the result too much, and he can’t be used an excuse, but he really was totally inept. I think it was 70 minutes before we actually got any kind of decision. I hope I never see him at Anfield again, the fucking jamook."

Just looked back and picked this out of my match report from the Arsenal game:

"The referee in this game was an absolute disgrace. He didn’t affect the result too much, and he can’t be used an excuse, but he really was totally inept. I think it was 70 minutes before we actually got any kind of decision. I hope I never see him at Anfield again, the fucking jamook."

Haha, spot on and unfortunately we'll be seeing him tomorrow. Heres hoping he's a Leeds fan or something.

Martin Atkinson (Yorkshire)

Graham Poll was originally appointed to referee this game.

Who? Is this someone having a laugh on the BBC footy website.

To be fair - imho Martin is no worse than any other referee and the fact that he has reffed 14 or 15 premiership games this season and you haven't heard of him suggests that he aint done a lot wrong.

I actually met Martin on holiday in Xante in 2005 (he started reffing Premiership matches at the beginning of the 2005-6 season) and in all honesty he is a really nice, down to earth guy who would not dream of stealing the limelight for the sake of it. You can rest assured that any mistakes he may make tomorrow will be honest ones afterall he is still a part-time copper.

Might give him a call tonight to call in a few favours!!!!!!

To be fair - imho Martin is no worse than any other referee and the fact that he has reffed 14 or 15 premiership games this season and you haven't heard of him suggests that he aint done a lot wrong.

Apart form the Arsenal Carling Cup game that thankfully I never went to :whistle:

And yes he is a Leeds fan.

Apart form the Arsenal Carling Cup game that thankfully I never went to :whistle:

And yes he is a Leeds fan.

i'd say a leeds fan is good for us tomorrow.

All the officials in the game now are thick twats anyways so it doesn't make a difference to me, they'll all as bad as each other.

I think this, and the generalt gist of this thread, goes to show that the requirements for actually being called a "good" ref are a wee bit too high...

A referee just can't get credit no matter how well he does in a game. I think we should cut them some slack, at the end of the day no ref goes out to help a side at the end of the day. Lets hope the ref has a great game tomorrow and we win the game fairly. If he has a bad game though i'll probably be the first to criticise.