You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

End of season awards....

dave u

I'm gonna set up various polls for different awards, like player of the year, best game, best chant etc.

What I need are suggestions on award categories, and then we need to work out which options people can vote on.

For example, if we want a poll on 'best team performance', we'll need at least five games which people can vote on.

Because of how the forum works with polls and that, I'm going to set up a seperate forum for the 'awards', and each category will have its own thread complete with poll.

For now I just need suggestions and then we can get it organised.

There was me thinking it was forumites. I was a shoe-in for the 'Best Poster with a Star Wars name and Earl avatar' category. I'm gutted now.*

*I know what you're thinking, can he reply to one of these requests sensibly? I think you know the answer.

Individual Performance:-

XABI V Everton

GERRARD V West Ham

KEWELL V Chelsea

and two others.

Momo in the cup final.

Also, we dont have to limit it to just five. I'd like a minimum of five in each category, but we can have more if necessary

Momo in the cup final.

Also, we dont have to limit it to just five. I'd like a minimum of five in each category, but we can have more if necessary

I thought about Momo in the cup final but thought maybe two from the same game was cheating.

...and then we need to work out which options people can vote on.

And which they can't!

Do you mean like Rash being able/not able to vote in the 'Best tall forward of the year category? :D

Best/worst/funniest opposing manager comment

The :wallbutt: award: For most Incessant use of the same thing said with different words.

Best goal:-

GERRARD V West Ham(2nd goal)

CROUCH V Everton

CISSÉ V West Ham(Cup Final)

XABI V Luton(2nd Goal)

CISSÉ V Anderlecht

Gerrard`s second against Villa in the last match should be in there too...

Magic moment of the season:

Neville`s own goal in the derby

Garcia`s goal agaist Chelsea

Gerrard`s equalizer in injury time against Westham

Crouch brace against Wigan

Crouch Winner against Man U in the cup

Reina`s winning penalty save

Guest TK-421

Its all "best of" so far, how about a few "worst of" categrories such as worst dive by a LFC player. My vote goes to Kromkamp for his swan dive in the FA cup game at Luton. Or worst miss e.g Cisse at Old Trafford.

Edit: Apologies to Real Red who suggested some good worst of options.

Its all "best of" so far, how about a few "worst of" categrories such as worst dive by a LFC player. My vote goes to Kromkamp for his swan dive in the FA cup game at Luton. Or worst miss e.g Cisse at Old Trafford.

Edit: Apologies to Real Red who suggested some good worst of options.

Yeah we should have some 'worst of' awards too.

Best opposing manager? Pardew, Jewell, Jol, er....

Most hated opponent? The Translator, Fergie, Neville, Moyes, etc...

Most coveted opposing player? Henry, Fabregas, etc...

My memory is really shit for details within games. I even struggle to remember goals, sometimes.

Best Youth Player?

Best Reserve Player?

Best LFC article/Interview?

Best Post?

Not doing the youth or reserve thing because hardly anyone will have seen them and the vote isn't really fair. It'd just be Paul Anderson winning because people know more about him.