You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

Just put that through google's "JohnnyH bullshit translator" and it came out as 

"I'm genuinely excited about Arne Slot. I know nothing about him but I know he's not Xabi Alonso and that's what I like"

‘Now available on Google translate!’

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

The thing I like about going for someone who plays very similar football to Klopp is that we'll know fairly quickly if he's shit or not.

Someone coming in and wanting to change loads immediately has the safety net of "he needs time to implement his methods" whereas this fella, if he's any good, should really be able to hit the ground running relatively quickly as the players are familiar with what he wants to do and it's just minor tweaks.

I don't like the sound of that at all. The Mancs have had one major and continued problem these last 10 years and it's their supporters being impatient, spoilt brats.

Every manager needs time, especially those operating on a tight budget as no doubt ours will be.

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

The thing I like about going for someone who plays very similar football to Klopp is that we'll know fairly quickly if he's shit or not.

Someone coming in and wanting to change loads immediately has the safety net of "he needs time to implement his methods" whereas this fella, if he's any good, should really be able to hit the ground running relatively quickly as the players are familiar with what he wants to do and it's just minor tweaks.

Yeah, imagine if the players start without the required intensity, give away cheap goals and then struggle to finish chances. It'll be plain as day...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I’m genuinely excited about Arne Slot. I know nothing about him, and that’s what I like. Maybe the next big thing, instead of some flavour of the week or a short term well known appointment. He’ll have a few years to try and succeed, and that’s good. We’re almost certainly going into a few ‘quiet’ years, so let’s give it a try. 

I’m pleased 

Kind of where I’m at.

Once Alonso said no (and even he’d have been a risk) there seemed to just be a shortlist of managers I did know of and didn’t want and then Amorim who I also didn’t want. 

At least with Slot I know fuck all about him whereas I’d have been livid if it was Thomas Frank for example. 

• Upvote 3

The issue with many of the Dutch is they sound like really shit Sean Connery impersonators. I think he's one of those guys.. itshhh nissshhhhe to be here"

Christ just got to be on board with whoever it is no matter how apocalyptically underwhelming it is.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The issue with many of the Dutch is they sound like really shit Sean Connery impersonators. I think he's one of those guys.. itshhh nissshhhhe to be here"

Christ just got to be on board with whoever it is no matter how apocalyptically underwhelming it is.

You are in for a treat when the outro to the pod gets updated then. 

• Haha 1

My problem is mentally picturing him as a Liverpool manager. I can’t lie, it will be hard to get around that jovial to dim look, and of course the baldness. If he turns out to be actually any good, I’m sure I will get past it, but as soon as results take a dip, I will choose to be as superficial as a super model.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I said when the Mancs appointed Heisenberg that I would be wary of Dutch managers as they are very rooted to a specific way of playing and don't deviate from it. This is why Ten Hag has done most of his transfer business in the Eredivisie because he wants players who can immediately fit into his system and style of play, and he's even made a pigs ear of that. Hopefully the fella we're targeting is the exception to the rule. 

We all dream of a team of Gravenberchs.

1 minute ago, Fugitive said:

I know nothing about the fella but I did once stay in a little village just out side Amsterdam called Sloterdijk.

They know what they doing, the filthy minded bastards.

I stayed there also- Great little place and alas I have nothing else to add on this subject.