You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I am absolutely fucking fuming. I think it will take me a week to calm down.

3 points were there for the taking.

No, mate. You can’t feel like that. That makes you a hysterical fanny. You need to be sat in a circle, holding hands and singing kum ba yah….

• Haha 1

There some right stupid cunts in the world and it seems the vast majority post on this site, normally when Liverpool have had a less than perfect result. One horrendous pass and a nonentity scoring the sort of goal that he wouldn't even dream about - along with a good dozen of wasted opportunities  by our players - and the keyboard m,anagers are offering their dismal minded opinions on how our season lies in ruins.

"We've ran out of steam" is the most moronic take today. We've totally dominated games all season and today we dominated, technically and physically, the opposition. If this is us 'running out of steam' then fuck knows how badly prepared the rest of the league must be.

Twat of a scoreline today but there is really no need for the whining bullshit and white flag waving.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

We also play Wolves, Spurs and Villa. Not to mention Everton who will be treating the game as a Champions League final. Our games are hardly any easier.

I'd say the three aways in a row will decide what happens. Fulham, Everton and West Ham. 

17 minutes ago, mike23 said:

Never seen a more wasteful attacking performance. We actually managed to be even less clinical than in the FA cup game. Time after time they just kept giving the ball away and were absolutely wide open and we just kept screwing it up with either the final ball or the finish. Nunez, Mo and Diaz all missing absolute sitters (although you can guarantee they'd have ruled the Diaz one out for Robertson's challenge at the end). I'm surprised I didn't have a stroke after watching that miss from Nunez when he could have just pulled it back for Szoboszlai to slot home (although with the way Dom was playing he'd have probably found a way to miss). Genuinely one of the shittest things I have ever seen from a professional striker. We needed imperious Mo for the run-in and instead we've got him at his most infuriatingly wasteful. I don't think he did a thing right other than not manage to fuck up the penalty as well (I was hoping Mac Allister was going to take it as I was expecting him to miss it).  Absolutely scandalous that we couldn't beat not only the worst United team I've ever seen but probably the worst side I have ever seen going under the moniker of a supposedly big club 3 times in one season. They barely even resemble a functional professional team. They were just begging us to batter them and we just kept turning down the offer. I said last week after the Brighton game that it would come back and bite us sooner or later if we kept on being so wasteful, and we didn't have to wait long for it to happen. 

We still could have won if we had just not made any mistakes at the back, but we couldn't even manage that. Quansah has been great but wtf was that for the equalizer? I love Klopp but I really don't know what he's doing in how he's handling Konate's minutes at the moment. First he gets injured needlessly being kept on in a Europa league first leg we were cruising in, and then he's played at home against the bottom of the table team instead of the trip to Old Trafford. I don't think Alisson gets caught out like Kelleher did either. There was all sorts wrong with the second goal as well. Even this absolute embarrassment of a United side were making the effort to close down shots properly, unlike our players on the goal. We seemed to just completely lose our heads after they scored the first and it ended up being fatal.

It's not over, but it's out of our hands now. If Arsenal win every game and win it then fair play to them, and we will have only ourselves to blame for it. Truth be told, it's hard to see us not dropping any more points anyway if the forwards continue to miss chances at a historical rate like this.

Motm - I'm giving it to Elliot simply because he was the only attacking player after Diaz's goal who didn't take the absolute piss. 

I didnt understand why kelleher was where he was and we have jota back next week hopefully

Just now, torahboy said:

There some right stupid cunts in the world and it seems the vast majority post on this site, normally when Liverpool have had a less than perfect result. One horrendous pass and a nonentity scoring the sort of goal that he wouldn't even dream about - along with a good dozen of wasted opportunities  by our players - and the keyboard m,anagers are offering their dismal minded opinions on how our season lies in ruins.

"We've ran out of steam" is the most moronic take today. We've totally dominated games all season and today we dominated, technically and physically, the opposition. If this is us 'running out of steam' then fuck knows how badly prepared the rest of the league must be.

Twat of a scoreline today but there is really no need for the whining bullshit and white flag waving.

One major difference between us and the other two over recent weeks is the respective injury records.

Do Arsenal or City have any significant injuries right now? 

1 minute ago, niallers said:

I think West ham away, villa away, the bitters away and Spurs at home, will all be far tougher than today.

We dropped a clanger today, and 2 points.

Had City or arsenal played today, they'd have won by at least 3.

Also, we keep going behind in games. Arsenal barely concede shots, never mind

goals and City are City.

We're by far the most chaotic and that's not good at this stage of season.

If we didn't play the occasion, it was easier than Villa today. But very hard not to take occasions into account. That's why Arsenal have to face that at Spurs. Possibly City too. 

United might be shite but they are still a team that could pull a result out of the hat. While Arsenal or City would have hit them for five today, they offer some chance that they could pull a result randomly. Hopefully, they get a few points in their coming games so they have to fight for something against Arsenal. If not, Arsenal will work that goal difference.

It's maybe a good thing we have two home games now and Jota and Trent are back for the run in, which might be crucial in those three away games in the run in. Jota is arguably our only clinical player in attack. 

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

We've had 5 clean sheets this calendar year, only only 2 of them in the league! We give up far too many easy chances. It's fucking astounding we are where we are and we should be about 6 clear, given the fucking officials in the spurs, arsenal and City games against us this season.

Yeah, that's kind of the point. We're not especially great defensively and the finishing is not great either. When you just watch the 3 teams, City and Arsenal are better. But we had been getting the results. Was a matter of how long that was going to last. It could have gone on for the whole season, to be fair.

1 minute ago, Dapower said:

I didnt understand why kelleher was where he was and we have jota back next week hopefully

Kelleher was offering Quansah the easy pass while keeping us upfield. Lay it back and Kelleher can launch it to the forwards.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

No, mate. You can’t feel like that. That makes you a hysterical fanny. You need to be sat in a circle, holding hands and singing kum ba yah….

Loads of us aren’t happy but what can you do. It’s not life defining.

I actually think this is the most frustrated I've felt about a football game in years. 

I'm fucking fuming. 

They are absolutely fucking awful, yet we can't beat them. Sickening..... And I'm sorry, quansah may be young, but I'd be going through him for a short cut if I was in the dressing room afterwards. Pricking around with the ball in a title race..... 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I am absolutely fucking fuming. I think it will take me a week to calm down.

3 points were there for the taking.

Same, only just calmed down from the FA Cup game. 

• Upvote 1

Talk of not being clinical and not having the killer instinct, it's entirely possible these players just aren't quite good enough to win the league. Especially considering injuries we're definitely in a "false" position - in inverted commas as the manager is as important as any player in the team and Klopp gives us so much, he enables us to play above ourselves. 

I don't think we were arrogant today or casual (except for Quansah's mistake but he's an inexperienced kid) we just weren't good enough going forward, bad decisions and bad finishing. Does anyone think Diaz, Nunez and Salah2 are anywhere near the level of Mane, Firmino, and Salah1? They're not a patch on them.

• Upvote 2

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Loads of us aren’t happy but what can you do. It’s not life defining.

I know. I’m just pissed off that the term hysterical fannies gets thrown about. There is no need for it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

I actually think this is the most frustrated I've felt about a football game in years. 

I'm fucking fuming. 

They are absolutely fucking awful, yet we can't beat them. Sickening..... And I'm sorry, quansah may be young, but I'd be found through him for a short cut if I was in the dressing room afterwards. Pricking around with the ball in a title race..... 

Yeah, let's be honest, it's basically his fault. People will cover for him, team could have been better, forwards could have scored more etc, etc... but he handed them the momentum and the result really. Shame, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Talk of not being clinical and not having the killer instinct, it's entirely possible these players just aren't quite good enough to win the league. Especially considering injuries we're definitely in a "false" position - in inverted commas as the manager is as important as any player in the team and Klopp gives us so much, he enables us to play above ourselves. 

I don't think we were arrogant today or casual (except for Quansah's mistake but he's an inexperienced kid) we just weren't good enough going forward, bad decisions and bad finishing. Does anyone think Diaz, Nunez and Salah2 are anywhere.enqr the level of Mane, Firmino, and Salah1? They're not a patch on them.

It's a group of 5 good attackers, instead of 3 great. That's how the team is built now.