You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

We still need to win every game except now we need to be banging in goals and not conceding ones under 9s can prevent. With our forwards and how our team switches off there's not really much chance of that happening.

The team has to click and not just sterile domination bullshit like every team we face is a house made of bricks and we've got asthma. I'd rather we defended deeper and where more direct.

Never seen a more wasteful attacking performance. We actually managed to be even less clinical than in the FA cup game. Time after time they just kept giving the ball away and were absolutely wide open and we just kept screwing it up with either the final ball or the finish. Nunez, Mo and Diaz all missing absolute sitters (although you can guarantee they'd have ruled the Diaz one out for Robertson's challenge at the end). I'm surprised I didn't have a stroke after watching that miss from Nunez when he could have just pulled it back for Szoboszlai to slot home (although with the way Dom was playing he'd have probably found a way to miss). Genuinely one of the shittest things I have ever seen from a professional striker. We needed imperious Mo for the run-in and instead we've got him at his most infuriatingly wasteful. I don't think he did a thing right other than not manage to fuck up the penalty as well (I was hoping Mac Allister was going to take it as I was expecting him to miss it).  Absolutely scandalous that we couldn't beat not only the worst United team I've ever seen but probably the worst side I have ever seen going under the moniker of a supposedly big club 3 times in one season. They barely even resemble a functional professional team. They were just begging us to batter them and we just kept turning down the offer. I said last week after the Brighton game that it would come back and bite us sooner or later if we kept on being so wasteful, and we didn't have to wait long for it to happen. 

We still could have won if we had just not made any mistakes at the back, but we couldn't even manage that. Quansah has been great but wtf was that for the equalizer? I love Klopp but I really don't know what he's doing in how he's handling Konate's minutes at the moment. First he gets injured needlessly being kept on in a Europa league first leg we were cruising in, and then he's played at home against the bottom of the table team instead of the trip to Old Trafford. I don't think Alisson gets caught out like Kelleher did either. There was all sorts wrong with the second goal as well. Even this absolute embarrassment of a United side were making the effort to close down shots properly, unlike our players on the goal. We seemed to just completely lose our heads after they scored the first and it ended up being fatal.

It's not over, but it's out of our hands now. If Arsenal win every game and win it then fair play to them, and we will have only ourselves to blame for it. Truth be told, it's hard to see us not dropping any more points anyway if the forwards continue to miss chances at a historical rate like this.

Motm - I'm giving it to Elliot simply because he was the only attacking player after Diaz's goal who didn't take the absolute piss. 

9 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The shitness of modern football. Fail to win a game and the players are “bottlers”. Give over!

You don't watch us and talk about plates and biscuits.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Normally I’d feel pragmatic about a result like this, but that was on Quansah. United offering nothing. Had settled then game down. Leading. And he does that. I’m absolutely livid at him. Gifted them a goal and some momentum. Not. Fucking. Happy.

I'm more livid at Quansah playing and not Konate. 

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

We've had over 90 shots in the3 games against them this season and hit the target only 26 times. And only 5 goals to show from it all.

Our conversion rate must be the worst in the league. 7, count them, FUCKING SEVEN big chances today,and an xg of 3.5 to their 0.7! And we barely scraped a fucking draw!

Let them fucking walk home the cunts. Once bitten twice shy. My god, we've been bitten bout 10 times this season.

Mane and Bobby would've had a hat trick each today, as would jota.

Feel sorry for quansah as he's been brilliant and his mistake should've been a talking point in a game they lost 5.1.

As much as i love this club, i fucking hate that shower at the moment.

We are joint top of the league, still in Europe and have already won a trophy and still people are posting shit like this. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

A point isn’t fatal to our hopes of being in a title race (which happens when there’s 3 or 4 games left to play and you’re top or a couple of points off top). And it’s not bad considering we shit our kecks for a bit too and looked like losing. 

But, that failure to kill off the game in the first half is criminal. 

Klopp should consider making a few changes to freshen things up. 

Elliott needs to start games. Szoboszlai needs dropping to buck his ideas up.

Klopp has put faith in Quansah. He’s done alright. But has looked a bit shaky in the bigger games, alongside an another relatively inexperienced player in Bradley. If Konate isn’t fit, I’d play Gomez next to van Dijk in the more difficult games.

I’d even consider Elliott over Salah too. He still looks short of being at his top level. Jones was poor when he came on too. Got caught in possession far too often. He looks like he needs slowly easing back in too. Jota and Trent need to get back quick smart. 

There are lunatics who have been asking the question if there's a place for Trent in the side. A player who can actually make a killer pass instead of one the player has to wait for.

• Upvote 1

If Quansah hadn’t had that brainfart. we’d still have found a way to drop points today. We’ve a mental block with Manchester United at the moment.

I always thought we’d drop points here, but now our margin for error is eliminated.

Our game management is shocking against them - why was Diaz -as he often does - pretending to be more injured than he was with a few minutes to go? It wasn’t Man City or Arsenal’s time he was wasting.

• Upvote 1

People asking for Elliott to start games are being seduced by the fact that he can come on with 15 minutes to go and not stink the place out.  Something that is beyond him when he starts games.   He's not effective as a starter, fans are fooled by the little legs going twenty to the dozen.  Clearly what we need is a robust clinical forward.  Too many poor performances today. Almost everyone in fact.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shanks wasn't competing against an actual country though to be fair, a corrupt one at that.

Yep, though that’s compounded by the fact that we spend far below our status these days. Arsenal throw massive, massive sums around too, yet we’re apparently too poor to get close to the net spend of Tottenham and Aston Villa.

The damage done by 97 and 92 pts not being enough to win titles and it looking like maybe 90 or more will be needed here is leading to some serious overreactions in my view, there is too much panic and too much assumption that the other two will just keep winning...

A point at the toilet is not a terrible result at all - forget how poor they are, they used to beat us in the 80's when we were best team in land and they were shite regularly and we went and turned them over in their pomp when we were not much cop...

It is the biggest game in the league and it would be if we were 11th and they were 12th.

It's always going to be case.

We take the point, we move on.

Yes we look tired, yes we are missing chances, but we are right there, right in it, with players to return and 7 games to go.

The league was never going to be won today - it wasn't lost today either.

7 games to go - we are right there and have every chance.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

They are being utter fucking fannies.

No. Theyre not. They’re legitimately criticising the team performance on a football forum that is for people TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS.

If you don’t like it tough, because TLW match threads have always been the Wild West. I hear RAWK offers the full North Korean experience you might be craving. With squirrel poetry.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

We are joint top of the league, still in Europe and have already won a trophy and still people are posting shit like this. 

We're not joint top of the league. 

Just now, Captain Willard said:

Captain, I'm fuming, as lot on here are. I'm venting. It's factually accurate that it's a point gained as we were losing, however, even stevie wonder can see that we fucked away, not only 2 points, but chance to go back to the top of the league and to give them a hiding, not that that's really important.

We're 9 goals worse off than arsenal and we've lost 2 league's to city by 1 point. 9 goals is that point.

It's very similar to a loss and any dropped points, this close to the end is a kick into the bollix.

Had we been crap and salvaged a draw, then happy days.

Fact is. We never learned or lessons and losing a league through your own mistakes is far worse than losing it to a better team.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

No chance Arsenal win out. Our games are a bit easier.

They have to face Emery who has beaten them once already. Spurs away these away and Wolves away and Chelsea at home. 

Is that a joke?

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

No. Theyre not. They’re legitimately criticising the team performance on a football forum that is for people TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS.

If you don’t like it tough, because TLW match threads have always been the Wild West. I hear RAWK offers the full North Korean experience you might be craving. With squirrel poetry.

No, they are not criticising the team, they are crying that not everything has gone the way they want it to and so are pissing and moaning that the title is gone. Fannies. 

And piss off, you're the one quoting me to have a go at my opinion, not the other way around. I'm not the one trying to shout people down, I just voiced my view. Stop fucking projecting.