You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

8 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Kelleher

Bradley

Quansah 

Virgil

Robertson

Endo

Mac Allister 

Elliott

Salah

Nunez

Diaz

Szobo instead of Elliott and Konate instead of Quansah for me.

Unless Konate is injured he has to play Sunday. Quansah has been a revelation this season but we gave up 28 shots in the cup game despite having 60% possession. That can't be happening again when we are so much better than them.

I'd also consider playing Gakpo. 60 shots over 2 games and 2 deflected goals and a Salah rebound to show for it. I know he gets criticised for being slow but we need some calmness and for me he's the best finisher of the 4. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Definitely. His pace and strength is perfect for Man Utd's 'knock it long to Rashford' strategy. Put it this way, I'd be hugely surprised if he didn't start.

We don't really have much of a record of playing konate twice in 3 days and on the odd occasion we have, he's broken down. We nearly never even play him when the turn around is 4 or 5 days. Just last weekend he sat on the bench against Brighton because he'd played 90 mins for France on the Tuesday. I'd be really surprised if we start him and klopp himself has to referred to the situation as job share. I'd actually expected us not to play him yesterday,.so he could be available for Sunday..

9 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I assumed we’d bury them afterwards, but hey-ho…

I know Rashford was a lazy bastard against Chelsea, but this seems harsh.

7 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Unless Konate is injured he has to play Sunday. Quansah has been a revelation this season but we gave up 28 shots in the cup game despite having 60% possession. That can't be happening again when we are so much better than them.

I'd also consider playing Gakpo. 60 shots over 2 games and 2 deflected goals and a Salah rebound to show for it. I know he gets criticised for being slow but we need some calmness and for me he's the best finisher of the 4. 

I wish I was half as slow as Gakpo.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I wish I was half as slow as Gakpo.

I think he's been unfairly tagged that way, not helped by Carragher's tweet. He was awful when he came on in the cup but that's part of the reason I'd swap Darwin and Gakpo. 

We haven't got a lot to show for an average of 30 shots and 65% possession over the 2 games. I think I'd like to change it up with Gakpo starting and Darwin coming on if we have to go for it.

Apart from Konate coming back in, I think we should start with the 11 that played in the FA Cup game. 

Not because of any psychological stuff,  with the players we have out, I think it’s the best side we have available to us. 

With them looking like they only have Maguire as a fit centre back, we’ve no excuse not to be going there & winning the game.

Just fucking win. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Apart from Konate coming back in, I think we should start with the 11 that played in the FA Cup game. 

Not because of any psychological stuff,  with the players we have out, I think it’s the best side we have available to us. 

With them looking like they only have Maguire as a fit centre back, we’ve no excuse not to be going there & winning the game.

Just fucking win. 

There was no excuse not to win the previous 2 games.

Some players have quick acceleration and some are quick once they get into their stride. Gakpo is the latter.

Bale was one of those players that you couldn't let work through the gears because once he was in full stride he was hard to stop whereas Torres would be standing one minute and full flight the next.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Just fucking win. 

I mean in theory if their defence is just Maguire fit then Mo, Darwin and Diaz should be hitting 2 a piece but we've either been too frantic first game or too passive cup game. I just hope we are clinical.

24 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

There was no excuse not to win the previous 2 games.

20 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I mean in theory if their defence is just Maguire fit then Mo, Darwin and Diaz should be hitting 2 a piece but we've either been too frantic first game or too passive cup game. I just hope we are clinical.

We should have won the previous two games, like them coming to Anfield when they were top and we were also rans, we’d always raise our game. Even if we got beat, we’d push to the end. 

Unfortunately it’ll never been an easy victory for us & thats what we’ve got to expect again tomorrow.

I assume they’ll try and start fast. Weather the early storm (for once) and then play our stuff. Given who they are likely to have out, they’ll be more nervous than us tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We should have won the previous two games, like them coming to Anfield when they were top and we were also rans, we’d always raise our game. Even if we got beat, we’d push to the end. 

Unfortunately it’ll never been an easy victory for us & thats what we’ve got to expect again tomorrow.

I assume they’ll try and start fast. Weather the early storm (for once) and then play our stuff. Given who they are likely to have out, they’ll be more nervous than us tomorrow.

Are these players of theirs definitely out or is it the usual bullshit? And remember that this is now their cup final these days. It will be a slog whatever.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Are these players of theirs definitely out or is it the usual bullshit? And remember that this is now their cup final these days. It will be a slog whatever.

Don’t know. Varane & Evans both went off injured on Thursday, so the turnaround is tight. Feels potentially risky if they are fit, especially Varane who went off at Brentford as a precaution. 

I'm actually more confident about this precisely because of the fucking embarrassing shit we saw versus these cunts in the cup. There is absolutely no chance Klopp allows these players to play at anything less than 100% intensity tomorrow. 

I predicted some pedestrian dog shit against Sheffield and they delivered. These tomorrow, however, are getting dry bummed. 

The thing I dread most is another game where we gift the opener against the run of play . Come from behind wins are great but horrible to sit through and I’ve seen more than enough for one season .

Score first and go into to HT 2 or 3 up .

Its what most title winners do 

• Upvote 1

"Appeal to BOTH sets of fans not to engage in tragedy chanting."

Yawn.

I'd like to appeal to both Ike and Tina Turner to stop hitting each other.

Scumbag club, run by scumbags and supported by scumbags.

• Upvote 2

A wholly depressing Saturday of sporting action.

Nobody is gonna do us a favour. Nobody.

The refs, well we've got to beat them too, cheating fuckers.

We've got 8 games left and I confidently predict that we'll need to come from behind in all 8. We'll have perfectly good goals VAR'd out, players sent off and suspended for fuck all, and we'll have to surmount more unexpected injuries to key players at key moments, forcing Jürgen to play even more of the kids whilst he himself watches from the stands following a 3 game ban for "erroneous sming and fist-pump actions".

Piss of piss really.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1