You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think we're all approaching the bargaining phase of Klopp leaving.

Definitely. I dont think Amorim is nailed on yet, but after the game I was thinking just because he knows them and is Portuguese, he might be better for Nunez, Diaz and Jota than Klopp. Total shallow analysis, but maybe it is that simple. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Definitely. I dont think Amorim is nailed on yet, but after the game I was thinking just because he knows them and is Portuguese, he might be better for Nunez, Diaz and Jota than Klopp. Total shallow analysis, but maybe it is that simple. 

I’ll buy any magic beans available today. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I just don't understand what good there was for Klopp to announce early - and I mean within the club as well. Pretty sure it hasn't given the club a head start in getting in a new manager, if anything it has made that harder imo and at a time when we were already busy filling the front office with guys who had cleaned their desks out a year or two before.

And I don't get why that would be better for Klopp personally other than getting the weight off his shoulders earlier. Each aspect of it seems to have back fired.

I'm guessing it's pretty much as he said on those interviews - he started doing the planning for next season and realised he wasn't up for it and felt he was being fair to both Gordon and his staff. Obviously ljinders wants to find a managerial position and he wanted to give Gordon the maximum time to sort out, especially as the sporting director at this point was still Ibiza Jorg. 

I'm not sure if there's a right or wrong way to do it. The reality for me really is it's just really shit that he's going. I'd imagine his bosses think the same. 

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

By the same token who bought the players and who is responsible for bedding in a style of play and attacking system?

With Firmino, Salah and Mane (plus Robertson/Trent) our attacking play was clearly defined it had a system and a style.

I'm not sure what that is and it seems to rely more on Salah sneaking a goal Or Nunez/Diaz getting enough chances/half chances that at least one goes in to get us through. Its far more individualistic than it ever was at our and Klopp's best

That last bit. It does feel less of a team now. But then saying that..... recently regardless of who played we performed well and you could see things coming together. They look an entirely different set of players now vs a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, TheSire said:

That last bit. It does feel less of a team now. But then saying that..... recently regardless of who played we performed well and you could see things coming together. They look an entirely different set of players now vs a few weeks ago.

the midfield has only come together this season. we've had injuries in there. we've had a changing defence almost every single week. the forward line has been more stable, but even then jota and Mo have missed large parts of this season. it's been almost impossible for the team to gel. it's a miracle really how well we have done. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

the midfield has only come together this season. we've had injuries in there. we've had a changing defence almost every single week. the forward line has been more stable, but even then jota and Mo have missed large parts of this season. it's been almost impossible for the team to gel. it's a miracle really how well we have done. 

Yeah it's weird as we seemed to be playing well despite all of this. Regardless of the lineup we saw little deviation in performance, it felt everything had clicked. It just shows how huge confidence is and the psychological side of the game.

• Upvote 1

ZZ tops for Kop

Absolute bollocks, as was that headline above I remember in 97/98 when Houllier was bringing Zidane and Henry to liverpool. We got Cheyrou and Diomede. We didn't even get Karembeu

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

Lots of talk of Klopp's tactics being responsible for recent performances.

It's not him who failed to score the dozen or so easy chances against United and Palace. These same players won't suddenly become clinical when he's not there.

Last night was a tricky game against big, organised opposition. To win by 3 was always unlikely but we could have managed it by being clinical and would have been in the tie had we been clinical in the first game.

I think recent results are far more on the lack of quality and intelligence of the players than on Klopp's tactics.

This is why Klopp is such a great manager. Getting very good players to look and play like world beaters. When we can't do that it's almost like the Owl is in charge judging by some of the reactions on here.

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I just don't understand what good there was for Klopp to announce early - and I mean within the club as well. Pretty sure it hasn't given the club a head start in getting in a new manager, if anything it has made that harder imo and at a time when we were already busy filling the front office with guys who had cleaned their desks out a year or two before.

And I don't get why that would be better for Klopp personally other than getting the weight off his shoulders earlier. Each aspect of it seems to have back fired.

It’s shocking that the club didn’t cc you in on these details.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Klopp? Lives in Freshfield so basically Formby yes

Zidane. There was a standing joke about him having bought a house in Formby.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfers-never-happened-zidanes-11435682?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

During the 1990s, not a summer would go by without Zinedine Zidane being linked with Liverpool.

This, of course, despite the Reds not having Champions League football. And Zidane being more than a bit good.

Nevertheless, constant was the suggestion Zidane had been spotted at the airport.

Or that he had been seen buying a house in Formby. Or Southport.

The urban myth became such a running joke that even today, when a particularly daft transfer is mooted by the rumour mill, the old Zidane sighting is rolled out once more.

• Upvote 1

Always was a bit concerned about the timing, it's a very long lead time. I understand the reasoning but there was always the chance that it would run out of steam too early. Does his voice carry the same weight now with only a couple of months remaining? Players being players will be looking beyond Klopp to the next manager. Will fringe squad players really be that arsed now? So what if the manager isn't that keen on me? Experienced core players might well be considering their options?