You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

On 10/04/2024 at 10:19, Bjornebye said:

My concern is Portuguese teams are arguably the worst diving cheating bastards in European football. If he starts telling our lads to go down, gain advantage, use the dark arts etc it has the potential to make us a very horrible team to watch. I haven’t seen much of Sporting so I’m not sure if that’s their style but I’ve watched a few Benfica games this season and it’s genuinely disgraceful the behaviour over there. 

Eddie Howe is English and his Newcastle team are the biggest gang of time-wasting shithouses ever. 

Nothing can beat Porto V Celtic in that uefa cup final though. Deco disd more rollovers than the 1bn powerball. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Eddie Howe is English and his Newcastle team are the biggest gang of time-wasting shithouses ever. 

Nothing can beat Porto V Celtic in that uefa cup final though. Deco disd more rollovers than the 1bn powerball. 

That Porto side especially that game was the worst shithousing I’ve ever seen. Balde ended up twatting them and got sent off. Corrupt as fuck and absolute cheats. 

On 10/04/2024 at 01:43, Jhinge Machha said:

he will be the modern Paisley. we will win the quadruple in his first season.

Didn’t Paisley win anything in his first season ?

He’ll be taking over a very good group of players. Not a lot of Liverpool managers over the last few decades have had that luxury.

Even players like Nunez and Diaz who split opinion would command significant transfer fees. 

I get the impression that the job will have much more narrow focus than the power Klopp has had over recent seasons.

It almost seems like a middle-management thing with Edwards calling the main shots. Maybe Alonso wasn’t interested in what will probably be a more junior role than it currently is. 

18 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Didn’t Paisley win anything in his first season ?

He won nothing. Then he won the league and uefa cup double, then a league and European cup double, then the European cup, then the league, then the league again, the European cup again with a league cup, followed by the league, then the league and league cup. Before fucking it all off because it was too easy. And that's not counting any charity shields and super cups and I might have missed something else out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Sporting 2-0

Amorim doubly in

Miss the goal as I'm having a shit night with maintenance issues at work. Fuck working with only 3 temps who don't know site and fuck facility management companies 

21 minutes ago, Dapower said:

Barca job incoming

I doubt they could afford his buy out clause. The budget for next season was reduced by la liga the other week

La liga reduced the max they can spend on the  wage bill from £231m to £174m. 

The real cost of the Barca squad - which includes the total of salaries and transfer amortisations - is officially budgeted at £421m for this season. At the moment, they are some way over budget and will need to make huge cuts to stay in line with the rules.

Meanwhile, Barca are still at risk of a Champions League ban as UEFA are not accepting the club's wish to accept future media revenues in their latest Financial Fair Play (FFP) calculations. This could land Barcelona in a whole lot of trouble, especially considering the financial gain clubs get from competing at Europe's top table.

On 09/04/2024 at 10:22, magicrat said:

I know fuck all about Amorim but given we can’t replace Klopp I hope the deal is done and the speculation over soon . At least the fella will have a bit of breathing space to settle in and get to know the players 

Where I’m at.