You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sat 25th Nov 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

19 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Shit game but an excellent point.  Midfield still very much a work in progress, lack of a dominant DM hampering other players IMO.  Got a bit lucky on the disallowed goal, seen them given.  VVD has defo regained his mojo. 12:30 KO's should be fucked off for good.  2pm should be the earliest KO time.

Peak Fabhino (or equivalent) with Dom and Mac attacking we'd be smashing everyone. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Peak Fabhino (or equivalent) with Dom and Mac attacking we'd be smashing everyone. 

Not just the midfielders but also provides Trent a bit more freedom knowing he has quality cover.  The success of Trent & Robertson was because they had Fabhino & Henderson covering. Our style/system has slightly moved on but having one top class player providing that defensive insurance will elevate our play to another level imo.

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

How much did we spend on Endo close to £20m? Seems like a pointless signing when we needed a starting DM. 

£16m wasn't it.  Endo is fine for at least 50% of the games we play.  In the big games against the top sides we no longer dominate the middle of the park in the way we used too.  The balance of the midfield is still slightly off, our offensive options are  exciting with a good mix of styles and attributes just lack that anchor to knit it together.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Pissed me off on the radio before saying we have  'fierce rivalry'. I don't consider city to be anywhere remotely in the same stratosphere as us as a club, they're inconsequential, juiced up footballing flotsam.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with these matches but Guardiola has clearly been told by the marketing department to pump these games up. 

I remember the echo always used to try up a similar type rivalry with Chelsea.

Historically the 2 biggest games will always be the derby and utd,however in terms of success,over the last 5 years,its been us and city,they are huge games now in fairnes

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Diaz bothers me - even before the disruption to his season, he just doesn't seem to want to race past opponents like he did when he first came here.

If Klopp thinks Doak can play on the left and he’s on the bench, it might give him a kick up the arse if that’s all he needs.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's a better result for us than for them, but no, we did not really carry a threat. Realistically, City should have won this 1-0, but a moment of individual quality gave us a draw. Cool.

The credit you can give us is we had a pretty good shape and didn't break. Given loads of people thought we could win this game, though, you'd think they'd expect more than that, but I personally didn't. And that's fine, the importance of this game is overrated in the context of the season.

I replied to this before but I'm pissed, maybe I didn't post it. What makes you say we didn't carry a threat? What threat did they carry aside from Ali? It was a real battle between two well matched teams. They were at home, so should try to take the initiative? But we were  bit as dangerous as they were. 

6 hours ago, aws said:

Poor game as two good sides, each desperate not to lose, more or less cancelled each other out. Great point for us, two points dropped at home by them. 

I think their lack of willingness to make any subs was a reflection that they were petrified by what we could do. We had no such qualms.

44 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Sturridge always comes across really well on telly. Felt sorry for him that he had to spend so much time with two utter, utter fucking gimps in Carragher and Richards.

Neville was pure ear aids on commentary, with he'd take a mini retirement in the chernobyl main reactor.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Neville was pure ear aids on commentary, with he'd take a mini retirement in the chernobyl main reactor.

He is every game. And his hysterics about that half chance Nunez had, then haaland took his much easier chance told you everything about him. I didn't hear one comment when haaland had an easy header in the 94th minute and ducked under it and let it hit his back and had a bad miss. It shows everything about his agenda driven bullshit. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

29 points from 39 is very low for this City side, and it’s reasonable to assume that they’ll have a much tougher Feb/March/April than us given our respective European competitions. It’s most definitely on. 

Carragher was saying today that they start slowly and then push on towards the end of the season. At this stage last season they had won 10, drawn 2 and lost just once (at Anfield) and were on 32 points, 3 points ahead of this season's tally.

3 points down on last season would give them 86 points. I think we are capable of achieving that. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He is every game. And his hysterics about that half chance Nunez had, then haaland took his much easier chance told you everything about him. I didn't hear one comment when haaland had an easy header in the 94th minute and ducked under it and let it hit his back and had a bad miss. It shows everything about his agenda driven bullshit. 

That was doing my head in, the two chances were completely different & I'd barely call the Nunez one a chance. The snivelling rat also failed to mention that Alvarez was absolutely dogshit throughout, instead spending the entire match castigating Nunez, who got very little service but knocked his pan in for the team.

• Upvote 2