You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur 2 Liverpool 1 (Sep 30 2023)

tlw content

image.jpeg

Oh fucking hell, where do I even begin here? This is genuinely the biggest officiating scandal / catastrophe I can remember in this country. At this point, I don’t think there is anything I can say that is over the top or unreasonable, because everything is on the table here. When something this outlandish happens, you can’t rule anything out.

But before I get to all of that I want to talk about the lads. Because that won’t get spoken about as much as it deserves to. I’m fine with that because the focus absolutely needs to be on what the officials did and that should be the main talking point in any football related show for some time to come. I’ll get to all of that in due course because you won’t be surprised to know I have a lot to say about it.

But first, what a fucking heroic effort from our lads. I’m not sure I’ve ever felt prouder of my team than I did here. They were incredible and that is the most unjust defeat I’ve ever seen. The amount of shit they were having thrown at them, yet they kept fighting and fighting and refusing to yield. And they they lost to the cruelest of blows right at the death. Just heartbreaking, and yet it might just prove to be another thing that speeds up the development of this team as they become even stronger. You go through adversity and through it comes strength. We’ve seen it already this season and this is just more fuel they can use.

We’ve seen it already. The defiance from the players as they thanked the travelling fans. Darwin giving it the beans, pounding his chest and getting the fans going. Then he goes on social media talking about how “its us against everyone”. You’re damn fucking right it is.

I’ll call it now and I don’t give a fuck. We’ll win the league this season. We’re already fucking boss and we’ll get even better. If we don’t win the league it won’t be because we’re not the best team. It will be because of the kind of corruption some of us have always suspected was there and now is there in plain sight for all to see. If they keep fucking us then it’s going to be hard to overcome that. If somehow the heat from this means they have to start calling our games down the middle, then God help everyone because these boys are going to run all over everyone.

I kept saying last season how we’d lost the eye of the tiger. Well it’s back. This group of players are hungry and fuck, talented as anyone and now they’re motivated like nobody else. Brighton thought this weekend was bad. Wait and see what happens next week when we roll into town with a score to settle.

Spurs were being talked up a lot prior to this game. If it had stayed 11 v 11 we’d have tatted them. Probably by three or four at least. The signs were there, we looked like we could slice through them at will. Had it stayed 11 v 10 we’d have beaten them too. I could see that coming a mile off. Even with ten men we looked the more dangerous side and the gaps were there to be exploited. Darwin was ready to come on and finish them off, and then suddenly we were down to nine men and the plan had two change.

And even with NINE FUCKING MEN we weren’t in trouble. Alisson had virtually nothing to do after Jota’s dismissal and it needed a fluke own goal for him to be beaten. The way we defended was perfect right up into Joel got his feet into a mess. Spurs can take the points from the game but - and they may kid themselves and think differently - there’s nothing else they can take from this because clearly they’re nowhere near us.

We don’t take any points from it, yet I take much more confidence and belief from it than I had going in. This team is going to be special. Klopp knows it. The players know it. The fans are beginning to know it too.

So all of that needed saying first and foremost. Now to the rest of it.

View full article

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic

Still fuming! 

We’ve been refereed to a different standard for years, especially in the Klopp high press era. Shite 2 banks of 4 cloggers turn up at Anfield, foul and frustrate from

the first minute and try and nick something, and it’s play on.  

Slightest touch from one of our players pressing to win the ball and the refs blowing up, helping the opposition break up play.

None of these refs can even trap a ball the fat manc twats. 

Rest and recover and use the squad Thursday, then get the result at Brighton. 

• Upvote 2

Great, that! I almost couldn’t get through the report, though, as I felt myself getting absolutely furious all over again. On the day, as Matip scored the OG, I just hammered my fists into the table, turned off the telly and walked out into the pouring rain to try to calm down, so luckily I didn’t witness the Spurs celebrations. My only concern now, is that we will be in a full blown war with the PGMOL. Well, so fucking be it.

• Upvote 2

One of the least irritating incidents came when we had 9 men and hooper, after initially allowing play to continue, called play back to the half way line to give us a free kick and book Bissouma(?). We’d just won a corner. How is a corner less advantageous than a free kick on the half way line?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Barnesey said:

One of the least irritating incidents came when we had 9 men and hooper, after initially allowing play to continue, called play back to the half way line to give us a free kick and book Bissouma(?). We’d just won a corner. How is a corner less advantageous than a free kick on the half way line?

Just one of many decisions that could be termed, subjective! I was also bemused at the time by this decision. Another human error at best, or downright bias/cheating in reality. Farcical. 

I shouldn't have read that, not that it isn't a good synopsis of the game, it is, it's just that it's got me angry again. Really fucking angry.

The PGMOL are a fucking disgrace and you just know they'll never get any better, not with that cunt in charge.

Riley was a dickhead but Webb is just an arrogant power mad vindictive bastard with scores to settle and boy is he doing just that.

I'm proud of our lads, they were fantastic and our style of play, grit and togetherness as a team is something else, What's more, it's still early days, they'll get even better.

Exciting times ahead.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Webb probably had all 6 in yesterday, re-recording it.

More than likely. I doubt they where even watching the game at the time of the goal. No other explanation for them not seeing, 

Game not restarting with a kick off.

Liverpool players not celebrating.

spurs fans celebrating.

The VAR messages being shown on the screen.

Cant understand why Sky arent asking these questions.

• Upvote 7

Because while there are other global TV deals out there now, sky are the ones who packaged the premier league up into the multimillion point 'product' it is today. It's great drama to have var decisions and slow mos to chew and dissect over and have fans debate over. It's not as good a look to have the integrity of how those decisions are made questioned.

We are absolutely right to be asking the right questions, it's not about a mistake, mistakes happen. It's about actually having transparency and investigation into how they happen, and making the necessary improvements, whether that is process changes to var, or governance, to ensure that these things can be minimised. It would happen in any other industry so it's unthinkable that it would be unreasonable to ask for the same when it comes to auditing referees.

And Gary Neville is a fucking tool

• Upvote 3

This might be a watershed moment. We know they have been shafting us week in week out for Webb. This game was prob earmarked as one to do us over. 2 teams going well, make sure Spurs win, no point doing us at home to the Bournemouth or Sheff Utd of this world. Then they make an almighty fuck up by accident which has the whole of the country staring probing asking questions....

If say that game had ended as an entertaining 2 2 draw likely none of that UAE entertainment would have been highlighted. It will be fascinating now to see if they think they are untouchable or actually "shit" we better lay off it, we have to be squeaky clean now. I live in hope but not expectation. Corrupt twats.

• Upvote 1

Think it was Udogie who crocked Gakpo. Did he get a yellow for that? He was certainly on a yellow when he waved the imaginary card in Hooper's face, who, amazingly didn't send him off. The odd thing is that I thought Hooper was one of the better refs, but he just seemed to completely lose control of that game.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

Think it was Udogie who crocked Gakpo. Did he get a yellow for that? He was certainly on a yellow when he waved the imaginary card in Hooper's face, who, amazingly didn't send him off. The odd thing is that I thought Hooper was one of the better refs, but he just seemed to completely lose control of that game.

I thought exactly the same, Frank, was actually relieved when I saw his name before the game.

11 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

More than likely. I doubt they where even watching the game at the time of the goal. No other explanation for them not seeing

It was all kicking off in Rome at the Ryder Cup between McIlroy and an American caddie at more or less the time we scored. 

Just sayin' like.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Frank Dacey said:

Gakpo’s injury was just bad luck. His studs caught in the turf as he turned to shoot. You can see it on camera clearly. 

It's a fact of British/English life that nobody cares about age or history. If we had been having this same struggle 40, 50 years ago people outside our club would have wondered what was going on instead of almost taking pleasure in what has fast become an uncontrollable demise. Moshiri hit the nail on the head when he said the days have gone of a PL club being a success under a single benefactor or even a small group of benefactors. Even Jim Ratcliffe, who is wealthier than Moshiri as an individual, would be of no use to us (and he'll be no use to Man Utd, either, if he gets his feet in the door over there). There is no helping an old lady or gent across the road any more. There isn't even the respectful doffing of caps as we slowly pass into obscurity - we shouldn't expect it, it no longer exists. If we take the drop we'll be forgotten and not talked about before the new season starts except for on our own messageboards. 

Of course we need to fight. It might feel like our fans are the only ones who care about what happens to Everton but I'm sure the players and manager care as professionals and a couple of those even care about Everton Football Club and its fans and also the people who work for the club and depend on it for a living. We somehow need to win 8 and draw 8 of our remaining 31 games to stay in the PL, 36 points will do it this season. Then stay in the PL next season, too, so that 777 or whichever set of vultures has their claws in us in 18-24 months time can sell us as an ongoing PL football concern, in addition to the possibilities that magnificent new stadium will bring. That's if they haven't separated the football team from the stadium and sold the stadium (but West Ham aren't doing too bad as a football club in renting where they play their football?). We are Everton though, aren't we, and we have a 'history' of not wanting our pants pulled down by a landlord.

Whatever happens, change is never comfortable. Survival as a football club is paramount over everything, including 'owning' the stadium and having it named after another business or group of individuals instead of the ground it stands on. The days of 'under the lights at GP', 'GP is rocking', teams being 'terrified to come to GP' have long gone (and are great memories but that's all they are). If we have to rent, we rent. Homelessness isn't an option - well it is but not one in which the football club can survive. The vultures are circling and we are that struggling animal they are watching before they come and take their pick when there is no fight left. But sometimes you also need to accept when your current race has been run and see what is around that might help so you can live to fight another day. What are the choices?

Man Utd and Chelsea are in exactly the same position today that we were in not so long ago and they are heading towards being the next Everton with the way they are running their clubs. Both regularly change managers. Both need a new stadium. Both just buy players without any real plan. Liverpool are also headed the same way but for different reasons, for now (they haven't had the manager turnover (yet), a 'minority' £164m 'working capital' cash injection (loan) from one of Fenway's 'associates' , which in reality is to bring their accounts within FFP and help with costs associated with the latest add-on at the Lego Stadium because they can't raise cash from assets (another club who need a new stadium) - putting extra tourists' bums on seats isn't going to help them, the meme is fading.

Anyway, TLDR? Never mind, it's only Bournemouth on Saturday.

Theu just can’t help but talk shit about us.

• dave u unpinned this topic