You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

I've been watching football for almost 40 years and certainly as a neutral, I would say that was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen for so many different reasons.

It was absolutely box office and that is why the Premier League is the best league in the world by an absolute country mile!

Carragher really doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.

Best league in the world. Apart from the sportswashing. And the incompetent/biased referees. And the worst application of VAR in any of the major leagues. And the constant shithousing, diving, feigning of (head) injuries. And the tragedy chanting. And the hypocritical managers. And the vacuous pundits. And the agenda -driven journos (Bluto ,I’m looking at you). And the rip off ticket and tv subscription prices.

(But let’s not let any of that undermine the narrative, WE HAVE A PRODUCT TO SELL!) 

• Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Best league in the world. Apart from the sportswashing. And the incompetent/biased referees. And the worst application of VAR in any of the major leagues. And the constant shithousing, diving, feigning of (head) injuries. And the tragedy chanting. And the hypocritical managers. And the vacuous pundits. And the agenda -driven journos (Bluto ,I’m looking at you). And the rip off ticket and tv subscription prices.

(But let’s not let any of that undermine the narrative, WE HAVE A PRODUCT TO SELL!) 

Yeah but apart from that.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DaveT said:

When you put it like that…

17 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I’ll be properly pissed off if Newcastle and Man Utd end up in the UEFA Cup.  I want them finishing 2nd or 4th in their groups. Ideally 2nd in fact so they are kept busy for at least 2 more games. 

Was about to say exactly the same. Very disappointing outcomes.

Will 5th still get a CL spot if these bums drop out?

We'd smoke both Newcastle and especially United over two legs. The key is to avoid them in the final, although I would fancy us to beat this United team 9 times out of 10.

We beat Newcastle at their place with 10 men playing against 12 for 75 minutes. We beat them 2-0 at their place last season despite us being utter shite away for all of that season. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Man City are boring souless bastards arnt they? And with that robot up front are even worse.

No jeopardy at all with them.

I found Barcelona the same under Pep, just the odd bit of magic from Messi to licen them up. 

Fuck me, the commentator on the city game !

he’s just brought up city’s unbeaten record in Europe, currently 17 games …. ‘which is quite unbelievable when you think that Pep managed that wonderful Barcelona team. To do it again at city! How he’s managed to do it at two clubs, it’s unbelievable!’

Not really ‘Fletch’, a billion fucking quid and 115 breaches of FFP is how

• Upvote 4