You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'd like to take issue with Macca's Dad saying Messi is better than Maradona due to longevity. He then went on to describe how the weight of everything was on Maradona's shoulders without mentioning how Diego was almost crippled every week. If Maradona was playing in the modern game he'd have lasted a lot longer. There is also a fair argument that Diego's love affair with 'the white stuff' could easily have been triggered by him constantly being assaulted on the pitch every week. Would Messi have lasted half as long in Maradona's day? Both great players but comparison is impossible.

Mate, he was friends with and played with Maradona. Who the fuck are you to “take issue with” his opinion? 

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

Mate, he was friends with and played with Maradona. Who the fuck are you to “take issue with” his opinion? 

Fuck me. Somebody is touchy today. I am expressing an alternative opinion in a passive way,to a hypothetical debate, on a forum. I will have to redefine my view of a forum from now on.

This gap between the Mac and the Allister. Are people REALLY going to go the full Sam Smith, or S Am Sm Ith, and pretend it's more than an affectation? He says it's an Irish name. Well, in that case, it's 'MacAllister'. 

Otherwise, all good. But cut that crap out, pro Nto.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Fuck me. Somebody is touchy today. I am expressing an alternative opinion in a passive way,to a hypothetical debate, on a forum. I will have to redefine my view of a forum from now on.

How bloody dare you!

Agree more, comrade, or it's the Jonestown Gulag for you.

.... And I'll warn you, conditions down here in Melbourne nowadays make deepest Siberia look like Ibiza by comparison.

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why would their be something off about it anyway, neither club have any links too each other. Paying little might look good on our books but it wont on theirs. City fans need to realise that most other clubs play by the rules.

Isn't the low fee as simple as he negotiated it into his last contract before the Wc in November while his old contract ran out in June 24? So he was just locking in a fee for both himself while it made sure Brighton still got paid? 

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Haha, yes sorry Vlad. I think it was the phrase “I’d like to take issue with..” just grinds my gears and set me off!

7 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Haha, yes sorry Vlad. I think it was the phrase “I’d like to take issue with..” just grinds my gears and set me off!

Think of it more like a phrase at a gathering of people who couldn't knock the skin off custard when speaking about their latest pepper grinder rather than a load of pissed up Glaswegians discussing the likelihood of the old firm being allowed into the PL. 

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Think of it more like a phrase at a gathering of people who couldn't knock the skin off custard when speaking about their latest pepper grinder rather than a load of pissed up Glaswegians discussing the likelihood of the old firm being allowed into the PL. 

I had an arsehole boss (he was fine with me, but he was a corporate arsehole) who used to say “I’d like to take issue with…” a lot. Normally when he was disagreeing with something just because he was politicking against whoever had suggested it.

Pavlov’s dog reaction or red rag to a bull. Sorry Vlad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

I had an arsehole boss (he was fine with me, but he was a corporate arsehole) who used to say “I’d like to take issue with…” a lot. Normally when he was disagreeing with something just because he was politicking against whoever had suggested it.

Pavlov’s dog reaction or red rag to a bull. Sorry Vlad.

No probs mate.

• Upvote 1

On 09/06/2023 at 21:27, gkmacca said:

This gap between the Mac and the Allister. Are people REALLY going to go the full Sam Smith, or S Am Sm Ith, and pretend it's more than an affectation? He says it's an Irish name. Well, in that case, it's 'MacAllister'. 

Otherwise, all good. But cut that crap out, pro Nto.

If they want to call itself that then xy can call them whatever shim wants to call cunts self.