You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

The bit I loved most about his game today was a challenge on Kluivert just before half time. Can't remember what happened after but we had a decent situation from it.

Kluivert had just left something on Bradley off the ball and Macca took the ball clean off him while hitting him with good force with his body. Just something to let him know he wasn't going to have his own way with the physical stuff but in a controlled way.

Thought he was excellent all round today.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Today was the best DM performance I’ve seen from a Liverpool player for years.

I don't think it was anywhere near that, but he played really well - his best performance in a Liverpool shirt without a doubt.  Hopefully he'll get some confidence from that.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I don't think it was anywhere near that, but he played really well - his best performance in a Liverpool shirt without a doubt.  Hopefully he'll get some confidence from that.

It was probably the best since the Fabinho Covid masterclass against Palace and the Barca Anfield game.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, stringvest said:

Who do you think was better and when in that position? We were pretty bad i the first half yesterday, kept giving the ball away, and he was in a league of his own out there. To say he single handedly kept us in the game is maybe taking it too far, but not far from the truth imo. 

6 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Who do you think was better and when in that position? We were pretty bad i the first half yesterday, kept giving the ball away, and he was in a league of his own out there. To say he single handedly kept us in the game is maybe taking it too far, but not far from the truth imo. 

early Fabinho and Thiago have had similar games for us, with the latter being even better with distribution 

8 hours ago, stringvest said:

Fab against Barca one of best I've ever seen.

20 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Today was the best DM performance I’ve seen from a Liverpool player for years.

Fabinho against Barca was incredible & Maschareno had some outstanding performances for us as well.
Macca was superb yesterday & I’m really looking forward to see what he can do further forward but for me I always want a DM that loves to tackle. 

44 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Fab against Barca one of best I've ever seen.

Dont remember that too well to be honest, but not doubting he played a blinder that night. That said it was a few years ago, and I dont think Fabinho reached the level in his last seasons here that Mac Allister delivered yesterday. 

57 minutes ago, stringvest said:

early Fabinho and Thiago have had similar games for us, with the latter being even better with distribution 

I was a big fan of Thiago, fantastic player. But never thought his best games was from DM. Anyway very different players and hard to compare.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

World class DM performance tonight, He did everything you expect from a DM destroyer, and in addition he must have thread between five and ten sharp 25-30 yard passes through the lines to create great attacking opportunities. One of them lead to the last goal if I’m not mistaken.

Late to the party I see, but what a player this guy will be for us. By all means give him a breather or two in the cups when Endo returns, but Macca is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me.

• Upvote 1