You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

No 10 is trying to sideline Home secretary Suella Braverman in order to loosen immigration rules, exposing a damaging cabinet split over how to kickstart the economy.

Liz Truss is keen to hand out more visas to achieve the growth she needs to save her premiership – but is facing open defiance from Ms Braverman, a hardline Brexiteer, who insists tough curbs are needed.

They are between a rock and hard place .

Keep to the,insane, hardline and Risk losing the support of business or loosen the rules and face the fury of red wall types.

It's glorious. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, redinblack said:

Its almost like Brexit was a fucking stupid idea, like a piece of industrial vandalism. But it isn't obviously, we are taking our country back, and I'll remember that when I go to work in Germany next week and I have to queue at immigration instead of just strolling through like I used to.

I do think the penny is finally starting to drop that cutting your own throat economically, wasn't the greatest idea ,the country has ever had.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

I'm an immigrant in this country. If I ever heard my kids spewing her kind of hateful bile, I'd disown them.

Seriously, what is her fucking issue?

I think like patel before here,because she is a woman of a colour in the Tory party,she almost has to prove she can be an utter cunt on immigration. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Nadim Zahawi on Sophy Ridge show talking about Government priorities in the next 24 months

'In Health and Social Care we have A B C D, Ambulances, Backlog, Care and GP's....Dentists.....Doctors and Dentists.'

Bumbling fuck nuggets, get your messaging right at the very least.

I mean its not like they have had 12 years to do anything already.

Liz Truss is like those really bad auditions on shows like The X Factor. They think they're absolutely amazing in their own minds but in reality they are making a fool of themselves.

I can't help wondering if there is some truth to this scorched earth policy theory.

They seem to be going out of their way to alienate even their core base.

But then I can't see them deliberately not wanting to be in power..how will their backers make their money?

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

No 10 is trying to sideline Home secretary Suella Braverman in order to loosen immigration rules, exposing a damaging cabinet split over how to kickstart the economy.

Liz Truss is keen to hand out more visas to achieve the growth she needs to save her premiership – but is facing open defiance from Ms Braverman, a hardline Brexiteer, who insists tough curbs are needed.

There is literally nothing in truss's "plan" that doesn't absolutely split the Tory's every which way possible is there? It's quite magnificent in some ways. But fuck, if she lasts 2 years, we are completely and utterly fucked. 

I'm really starting to hope there's a section of the Tory's (and there doesn't need to be too many), that decide enough is enough and their best chance of recovery is get the fuck out of government. The damage these cunts have cause over the last 12 years is incredible, starting with austerity and the shithouse EU vote, through Johnson's grift and onto this fucking shower, it really needs to end. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I can't help wondering if there is some truth to this scorched earth policy theory.

They seem to be going out of their way to alienate even their core base.

But then I can't see them deliberately not wanting to be in power..how will their backers make their money?

They need Labour to come in and nationalise things so that they can Privatise it all again.

Those books by Perlstein are well worth reading to figure out how we got to where we are.

And entertaining history, to boot.

The idea that someone would come across the account that I offer of the cynicism, intellectual vacuity, and just basic emptiness of the promises that were made by Ronald Reagan in this regard, and say, ‘Jolly good, this is what I’m going to try for England’, is kind of mind-blowing.

If she read them as being in praise of Reagan, you really are in deep trouble.

15 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Those books by Perlstein are well worth reading to figure out how we got to where we are.

And entertaining history, to boot.

If she read them as being in praise of Reagan, you really are in deep trouble.

Its likely she did.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Tis true;

"In the Mirror Universe, positive human traits such as kindness and empathy are supplanted with negative ones, such selfishness and cruelty. Advancement through assassination of one's superior is commonplace and even encouraged."

MirrorSulu.jpg

• Upvote 3