You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sat 6th Aug 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

Things to take from today...

Bobby needs to be back up to Nunez from now on

Our midfield is too slow and ponderous 

Our midfield has too many injury-prone players in it and needs strengthening

We need to sharpen up quickly

Nunez will score goals and looks a handful

Mo keeps scoring even tho it was quite a game by his standards

AND MOST OF ALL  my stream is a good 3 minutes behind the match thread.

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I don't know why Hendo gets so much stick and Fabinho doesn't. Fab was the biggest villain out there when we has on which was probably why he was taken off. 

Because Henderson is mostly the worst of the 3 in midfield. 

The whole midfield was terrible, Thiago included while he was on. He put Alisson in trouble twice, played it safe most of the time and in to touch the rest of the time.

I don't think we were lucky to get a point.  Despite how not good we were on another day we could have won that, Fulham will think the same.  Could have gone either way.  

Diaz, to date, doesn't score enough to replace Mane, so starting Bobby, who has been poor for ages now, was always going to be tough. 

After the Charity Shield and the optimism after winning that, I'm half back to wanting a longer break again.

It was draws that lost us league last season, so to start this one with a draw against a newly promoted side is disappointing. Long way to go though obviously. Probably only win the league by 10 now.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Midfield was always the problem, it’s what will do for us. It’s nowhere near good enough. As good as Thiago is you just can’t rely on him to stay fit. As has been said if we don’t address midfield ( I thought we needed one top midfielder but I think we need two) you can forget about it.

We do need two mate you’re right, one game in and that eight is now four. Needs to be sorted or it could be a long season, no knee jerk at all, most of us knew it including the manager.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moo said:

I don't think it's ideal to start with Nunez at the moment but Firmino is a non-entity in big chunks so he shouldn't start either.  How far is Jota off being fit?

It’s sad to see Bobby now. Been one of my favourite players but he’s of no use now and should be moved on. 

Trent was a disgrace, all he had to do was leave the ground and he heads it away or gets pushed in the back by Mitrovic for a foul. Just like the European cup final.

They were all on morphine but Henderson should of been the first off in terms of midfield changes. He is a passenger, the only season he was class he got sent off and cost us the league. Firmino has been done for the last 2 season's and we bring a 80m forward on who should of started anyway. 

But don't worry we have 2 teenagers who just played for Fulham to come on and get assassinated by the home crowd to change the game. 

• Downvote 1

On 31/07/2022 at 11:35, Pidge said:
On 31/07/2022 at 11:46, Elite said:

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cunt poster

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cunt poster

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cunt poster

I dont think you like him.