You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

What's the agenda against this lad?

Even when he scores with an emphatic finish, the commentators are saying he should've taken his time and passed it into the net.

Absolutely fucking bizarre.

Great goal by the way, I really, really hope his shoulder is ok.

• Upvote 15

Opposition fans and LFC 'support' hipsters can cry together when this lad starts ripping the arse out of teams consistently. 

'He's another Andy Carroll' - I never saw Andy Carroll burn any defender for pace or crack 25 yard volleys off his 'weak' foot. Fucking love him.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Mook said:

What's the agenda against this lad?

Even when he scores with an emphatic finish, the commentators are saying he should've taken his time and passed it into the net.

Absolutely fucking bizarre.

Great goal by the way, I really, really hope his shoulder is ok.

It's a 'story'.

The expensive flop.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Haaland ain’t exactly ripping up trees right now though. 

Haaland has been exactly like everyone expected though. Scored loads of goals, injured a bit, probably made Man City as a team worse.

The journos are probably just waiting to see if Man City win the league before they write the “Haaland is amazing, but are Man City actually worse?” and “Is Haaland the new Ronaldo and worth £1 million a week?” articles.

I mean, the exact same thing happened when he first went to Benfica. Struggled to adapt scored like 6 league goals his first season. Adapts his second season, sets the league on fire. He's literally repeating that here taking a full season to adapt, but starting to find his way.

1 hour ago, Dundalis said:

I mean, the exact same thing happened when he first went to Benfica. Struggled to adapt scored like 6 league goals his first season. Adapts his second season, sets the league on fire. He's literally repeating that here taking a full season to adapt, but starting to find his way.

Or did they change the system to feed him chances at the expense of the rest of the players to give him the volume of goals he scored?

The split of goals over the last three seasons hint towards that.

2020/2021 - All Comps

1st - 21

2nd -14

3rd - 14

4th - 9

5th - 8 

2021/2022 - All Comps

1st - 34

2nd - 10

3rd - 10

4th - 8

5th - 5

2022/2023 - All Comps (half season)

1st - 21

2nd - 17

3rd - 12

4th - 8

5th - 6

Shades of the season Ronaldo scored lots of goals at the expense of everyone else on his second go at Utd. 

There has to be some mid point where we're not focused solely on trying to give him chances for him to score a high number of goals and he becomes more  proficient in the position he was bought for so we don't have to keep playing him in what will soon be a congested position.

Hopefully next season we'll see how it's all meant to work.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I still think he’s brilliant. Defenders are always looking where he is, creates chaos. 

A bit of a cliché that I always like boring people with is that I want the opposing defenders to know they've been in a game. He's definitely not easy or predictable to play against.

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Or did they change the system to feed him chances at the expense of the rest of the players to give him the volume of goals he scored?

The split of goals over the last three seasons hint towards that.

2020/2021 - All Comps

1st - 21

2nd -14

3rd - 14

4th - 9

5th - 8 

2021/2022 - All Comps

1st - 34

2nd - 10

3rd - 10

4th - 8

5th - 5

2022/2023 - All Comps (half season)

1st - 21

2nd - 17

3rd - 12

4th - 8

5th - 6

Shades of the season Ronaldo scored lots of goals at the expense of everyone else on his second go at Utd. 

There has to be some mid point where we're not focused solely on trying to give him chances for him to score a high number of goals and he becomes more  proficient in the position he was bought for so we don't have to keep playing him in what will soon be a congested position.

Hopefully next season we'll see how it's all meant to work.

Couldn't disagree more with the Ronaldo comparison. We aren't setting our team up so he can score goals, he just looks like he'll score loads because of how he plays. And he also creates a fuckload of chances for others, it's not his fault that most of the time they've wasted the chances he's created.

He looks like a 25/30 goal and double digit assists forward to me. When he gets an uninterrupted run and the team is functioning as it should he's going to be sound, and he's not a Ronaldo / Haaland type where everyone else suffers while they pad their goal stats. He's the opposite of that. Plus he works his bollocks off getting back to help out too.

• Upvote 5