You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Flock Of Seagulls

neko

I went to see them with my now brother in law in a club called the General Wolfe in Coventry in April 1982. Cracking gig. 

We ended up bevvying with them afterwards. Mike Score, Frank Maudsley and Paul Reynolds were really good lads, Ali Score on the other hand was a miserable fucker.

Great night though, still got photos somewhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I went to see them with my now brother in law in a club called the General Wolfe in Coventry in April 1982. Cracking gig. 

We ended up bevvying with them afterwards. Mike Score, Frank Maudsley and Paul Reynolds were really good lads, Ali Score on the other hand was a miserable fucker.

Great night though, still got photos somewhere.

Didn't Frank used to own a newsagent's on Dale Street?

In Pulp Fiction Jules calls the lad on the couch in the flat “Flock of Seagulls” and for years I thought it was just some cool gangster thing to call someone completely randomly. Then I realised the similar hair-do’s. Superb 

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

I reckon that packing in hairdressing was a wise move if his own hair was an example of it!

his hairdressers was upstairs in a shop in Whitechapel.  He used to cut my hair.  I can't believe I let him, because he did have a truly dodgy barnet then - it must have been just months before fame and fortune struck.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

his hairdressers was upstairs in a shop in Whitechapel.  He used to cut my hair.  I can't believe I let him, because he did have a truly dodgy barnet then - it must have been just months before fame and fortune struck.

He had no idea that he was literally touching fame and stardom at the time either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

In Pulp Fiction Jules calls the lad on the couch in the flat “Flock of Seagulls” and for years I thought it was just some cool gangster thing to call someone completely randomly. Then I realised the similar hair-do’s. Superb 

Pulp Fiction - Jules - Flock Of Seagulls | Pulp fiction, Fiction, Film

B2iAfdyCArnjF4BBqY6p6a.jpg

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It’s not the way you look……..