You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

33 minutes ago, etho said:

We have a midfield of 3 and they work as a three. Thiago does like to drop deep to receive the ball but he definitely plays on the left of the three, in the space Gini used to. Guess when you play in a 2 in a 4-2-4 you could say it's a double pivot.

There's a misconception that the way a team lines up is the way they play in all phases of play, and while it's kind of true it's not quite as rigid as people make out.

Take this article for example

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/12/how-liverpool-have-changed-shape-and-thiago-is-key-to-it/

On paper it still shows as a 4-3-3  but it's in practice where that changes with players off set and playing between lines all over the pitch.

More and more in game, especially late on, we're switching to a more pronounced two in midfield (especially when sacrificing a midfielder for an attacker) but even earlier in game we function more in a 2-1 or 1-2 than a flat 3.

• Upvote 1

Few rumours on Twitter that Bayern will come back with an offer of €30m with €5m add ons and it will be accepted. 

Also that Raphinha has an offer from us but is waiting for Barcelona to bid for him. Might be waiting a while as they are skint and are asking players in their squad to take pay cuts.

12 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Few rumours on Twitter that Bayern will come back with an offer of €30m with €5m add ons and it will be accepted. 

Also that Raphinha has an offer from us but is waiting for Barcelona to bid for him. Might be waiting a while as they are skint and are asking players in their squad to take pay cuts.

Hope we don't sign Raphinha, he's looked really average everytime I've seen him play. I just don't get the hype around him. Always one touch too many and gives the ball away loads trying crazy passes.

If mane is going we should sign Nunez, he has lots more to offer and has potential to get even better. Damn good finisher, works hard, tall/physical enough and is quite quick.

Replace Salah next season but please not with Raphinha, it's a step backwards in my opinion. Having him and Luis Diaz both working on consistency at the same time in the first 11 wouldn't be a good idea.

20 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Surprised Real aren’t interested in Mane as a knockdown Mbappe alternative. Would do well there and he’s cover them the three years they have to wait to go back in for the emperor of Paris.

Or Salah. They bid £125m for Mbpappe last summer, surely they’d be daft enough to put a big bid in for Mo. 

Part of me actually thinks we should sell Salah this summer as well. Tell him he has until 1st July to sign or look for another club. Rip the bad aid off.

Doubt it’ll happen though.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Or Salah. They bid £125m for Mbpappe last summer, surely they’d be daft enough to put a big bid in for Mo. 

Part of me actually thinks we should sell Salah this summer as well. Tell him he has until 1st July to sign or look for another club. Rip the bad aid off.

Doubt it’ll happen though.

If it’s a case of selling Salah for £100m or Mane for £35m I know which one I’d be letting run their contract down. Unfortunately I don’t think we can anticipate any £100m offers nor for Salah to climb down on his wage demands.

We can only sell him now as no one would pay anything for him in the January transfer window as he can sign a pre contract with an overseas club.

At least this way we have a half decent fee for a 30 year old in the last year of his contract and we can put that towards a younger replacement. 

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Hope we don't sign Raphinha, he's looked really average everytime I've seen him play. I just don't get the hype around him. Always one touch too many and gives the ball away loads trying crazy passes.

If mane is going we should sign Nunez, he has lots more to offer and has potential to get even better. Damn good finisher, works hard, tall/physical enough and is quite quick.

Replace Salah next season but please not with Raphinha, it's a step backwards in my opinion. Having him and Luis Diaz both working on consistency at the same time in the first 11 wouldn't be a good idea.

Think the only attraction around Raphinha was that if Leeds got relegated that he would be available for £25m but £60m is a bit too much for him, only ever saw the odd bit of skill from him but he was playing in a woeful team who could barely string two passes together.

35 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not just that, it would also be keeping a player who has done a lot for the club against his will, and that would be bad for morale. 

Sell him because it’s beneficial to Liverpool not because he’s ‘earned’ himself an exit. I fully agree on the morale point but the idea that he’s owed a transfer because he’s performed for us is as fanciful as the idea that we’re owed a contract extension because of what we’ve done for him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Sell him because it’s beneficial to Liverpool not because he’s ‘earned’ himself an exit. I fully agree on the morale point but the idea that he’s owed a transfer because he’s performed for us is as fanciful as the idea that we’re owed a contract extension because of what we’ve done for him.

It has to be beneficial to Liverpool but Klopp has been on record saying that if a player wants to leave they'll do what they can to facilitate it.

12 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It has to be beneficial to Liverpool but Klopp has been on record saying that if a player wants to leave they'll do what they can to facilitate it.

That is how it should be. Yes there has been a few badly timed jokes and perhaps stupid statements from Mane but he has been a fantastic servant and a great pillar in the development and maturity of the team. 

Quite rightly the club is not releasing statements and doing the job behind the scenes. He will go with everyone's good luck messages. There is no way anyone is paying anywhere like 50m. 

Bayern can fuck off though, for leaking the transfer news before the final.