You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

42 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. I'm not sure what the best option is. If he goes on loan he needs a team where he'll be able to work on his concentration more than his shot stopping. One shouldn't conflate 'experience' per se with preparation to play for LFC. For the latter you need quite specific experience. It's no good when we send keepers to strugglng teams where they'll be flying around dealing with masses of shots per game - that doesn't prepare you for LFC. And the better teams, typically, have their own top keeper anyway. At least here he gets the right coaching for our needs.

Yeah, fair point that wherever he might go doesn't necessarily prepare him for playing with us. 

Wonder if we could have a clause that he could be immediately recalled in the case of Alisson being injured? Probably not. 

7 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Weird phrasing though - does the "package" include Tchouameni's wages as well? Because if Monaco were looking for a transfer fee of €80m, I don't think even Madrid could have managed to talk themselves into paying €100m.

It'll include bonuses.

Given the perception of Real Madrid losing out to PSG, again, I'd guess the €20 was a small price to pay.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Chelsea entering the battle to sign Gabriel Jesus. 

I'd have him here. 

No thanks. He’s a good player like but he’s always struck me as the Brazilian Dirk Kuyt.

While we all loved Dirk 10-15 years ago, I wouldn’t want us to be signing him these days either. 

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Weird phrasing though - does the "package" include Tchouameni's wages as well? Because if Monaco were looking for a transfer fee of €80m, I don't think even Madrid could have managed to talk themselves into paying €100m.

€100m is £85m.

Even if he’s only paid £100k for 5 years, that’s £26m in wages.

Then your looking at a fee of c.£60m. Likely less. 

19 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Remember reading we liked him when he was at Bournemouth…

AC259677-DD4A-4919-8BB7-C7BD242119FD.png

Got a feeling this is who we’ll end up with. Fits the profile of player we usually go for, young, versatile has a release clause in the £30m-£40m range. Has he played through the middle much? Maybe too similar to Diaz, position wise.

Danjuma fits the profile in many ways, but isn't he a right footed left winger who can play CF?

I guess if the plan is to replace Mané in the middle it's like-for-like, but it'd be nice to have rotation for the right side, with one eye on when Salah leaves. It'd also allow us to play Salah centrally.

I think we should move on Bellingham now, while City aren't able to move for him. It may cost us £20m more to prise him away early, but in all likelihood his value will rise £20m over this coming season anyway.  I wonder if we might also be able to offer Bundesliga favourite Keita as a decent sweetener to lower the price.  

It's not particularly as a result of watching him tonight, I barely saw 5 mins of the game, but overall he's very impressive and City will be back for him next season at this rate. 

Kellerher is like Neco, he's an asset that will never reach a level that displaces the player in front of them. When his value is at its maximum he will be sold or when the young Brazilian lad is ready to step up.

32 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think we should move on Bellingham now, while City aren't able to move for him. It may cost us £20m more to prise him away early, but in all likelihood his value will rise £20m over this coming season anyway.  I wonder if we might also be able to offer Bundesliga favourite Keita as a decent sweetener to lower the price.  

It's not particularly as a result of watching him tonight, I barely saw 5 mins of the game, but overall he's very impressive and City will be back for him next season at this rate. 

We won’t be signing Bellingham.

That Rob Gutmamm on the Anfield Wrap said Liverpool can compete with anyone in the world for players. 

Only if:

They don't cost a shitload of money

Someone is sold to fund a large transfer fee

And they don't ask for ridiculous wages.

This isn't having a go at the club, just the way some deluded fuckers think. Some Facebook pages I've seen suggesting completely unrealistic transfers and thinking we will get 120m for Salah in the last year of his contract. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

No thanks. He’s a good player like but he’s always struck me as the Brazilian Dirk Kuyt.

While we all loved Dirk 10-15 years ago, I wouldn’t want us to be signing him these days either. 

Kloppo would absolutely love a prime Dirk Kuyt. Not sure he’d get much more out of him than Rafa managed or where he’d play him but I bet he’d be his best boy.