You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If Mane is leaving we need a replacement, if Salah isn't signing a contract we need to sell.

If Mane is going which seems very likely, Salah holds even more ace cards now. If he doesn't want to leave there is NOTHING we can do about it. 

EDIT: Not that I want him to leave of course!

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

If Mane is going which seems very likely, Salah holds even more ace cards now. If he doesn't want to leave there is NOTHING we can do about it. 

EDIT: Not that I want him to leave of course!

Not sure this really affects Salah's position. Mbappe staying halted his most likely route out, so he'll sit tight now and either get his bumper contract or wait for a massive signing on fee. 

I'm all in on the Benfica lad. Klopp could turn him into the best thing to come out of Uruguay since Luis Suarez. If Mane does go then Diaz Jota Salah with Bobby and this lad vying for a role isn't the worst situation to be in. Hopefully we can keep hold of Minamino and all.  

darwin-nunez-darwin.gif

Ooooohhhhh Darwin Nunez

He plays for the Reds

He hates the Blues

We bought him from Benfica and he'll win the fucking lot

He's off his fucking rocker and he says "God Bless the Pope!" 

200.gif

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm all in on the Benfica lad. Klopp could turn him into the best thing to come out of Uruguay since Luis Suarez. If Mane does go then Diaz Jota Salah with Bobby and this lad vying for a role isn't the worst situation to be in. Hopefully we can keep hold of Minamino and all.  

Think that would leave us weirdly unbalanced especially out wide.

We'd need to bring in another wide player and/or change formation.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Think that would leave us weirdly unbalanced especially out wide.

We'd need to bring in another wide player and/or change formation.

Who are you thinking? Can't Nunez play in from the right anyway? 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Who are you thinking? Can't Nunez play in from the right anyway? 

Think Nunez has played from the left not sure about the right.

Other consideration is we need to find a way of working both Elliot and Carvalho (Jones as well) into the team next season.

I can see a system change coming.

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I honestly can see us playing 4-2-3-1 more frequently next season. Would suit Diaz, Carvalho and Elliott better IMO. 

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Other consideration is we need to find a way of working both Elliot and Carvalho (Jones as well) into the team next season.

Agreed about the system change. I don't see how we can lose Mane, Origi and potentially Minamino and replace them all with equivalent players. 

I think we could have to find a new source of goals from elsewhere. Whether that's from attacking midfield or one dedicated striker that is maybe more of a focal point. 

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Look all I'm saying is he's the future of this football club so we should sign him and if we don't then he's shite and we should never have signed him anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Look all I'm saying is he's the future of this football club so we should sign him and if we don't then he's shite and we should never have signed him anyway. 

If the system change happens then it would be with him (or someone like him) in mind.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I’d like for us to sign someone who would make teams think twice about sitting deep like Madrid last night. A target in the box who could dominate the penalty area. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah I’d like for us to sign someone who would make teams think twice about sitting deep like Madrid last night. A target in the box who could dominate the penalty area. 

Yep. If Bayern want Mane I'd be up for Klopp saying straight swap for Lewandowski then. We'd have to adapt to suit him of course but so what? I feel for Jota though. Poor end to the season for him but he was boss up until Feb. He'd played himself into a starting role then Diaz comes in. 

22 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I'm sure the club were well aware of Sadios intentions before we knew  , so plans will be in place for the summer, Julian Ward is going to be busy I'd imagine.

Yeah the club will be all over it. Fabinho was announced after we last lost the final to Real. Hoping for a similar masterstroke. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Nkunku at Leipzig seems a real talent if Sadio moves on. Hat-trick against Manchester City away in Europe too. 

Nkunku is meant to be staying unless someone blows Leipzig's socks off. 

I think it could be time for a #classicnumber9, honestly. Especially with Origi leaving also, who was our option in that profile.

This could be an absurd summer with...

Adrian

Calamity Karius

Rhys Williams

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Mane

Firminho(?)

Taki

Big Div

Neco

Philips

Davis

Ojo

...All needing to go, going, or at least having smoke around them going.

That's a lot out, and big savings on wages, but I'd be fine with seeing an old English keeper come in at 3rd choice, a new RB cover, a centre mid and an attacker, potentially two, come in as replacements.

We upgrade the squad, whilst trimming it perversely

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This could be and absurd summer with...

Adrian

Calamity Karius

Rhys Williams

Oxlade-Chamberlin

Mane

Firminho(?)

Taki

Big Div

Neco

Philips

Davis

Ojo

...All needing to go, going, or at least having smoke around them going.

Salah I reckon too.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Salah I reckon too.

Same, just didn't want to get it to an internet set-to with transfer morons.

It would be 'sensible' to move him on for £X if we want to see cash for a replacement, though who that is, or if it's even possible I don't know.

May the lord strike me down, but I'd cash in now.