You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

27 minutes ago, Antynwa said:

Origi, Minamino, Mane, 

3 Players who could have made the difference yesterday. 

We should have kept one of them but the midfield is the issue. We could have had Van Basten upfront and he'd have struggled.

31 minutes ago, Antynwa said:

Origi, Minamino, Mane, 

But we have Nunez and Diaz (in fact and carvalho) to replace them. You can't keep everyone. Origi plays about 10 mins per season, minamino could barely get on the bench in league games and mane this time last year would have made no difference at all as he stunk the place out for a while. Our issue is Darwin was a tit last week and the midfield is fucking crap and fragile. 

• Upvote 2

Origin and Minamino are shite, Mane wanted to go. Chamberlain and Keita are shite, neither would have done a job.

Fabinho is world class when he's at his best, Thiago too but he's next to useless due to his Daren Anderton like constitution. So that's basically one and a half good midfielders out of a squad of 30-odd players.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, George Costanza said:

The owners just don't want to invest.  They probably will do if their income comes under threat.

They've pretty much made their money back on their initial investment and they still have an asset worth over £3bn should they wish to sell

They do like the CL money, might no be seeing it after this year though.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We need 2/3 top midfielders and Trent needs to stay at fullback. Sick of the same players getting injured.

We need Trent gone from the fullback position because he has 2 qualities that prevents him from being good there:

1 - He is a crap fullback

2 - His arrogance. 

Where he goes is not something I'm qualified to say. Maybe CM, who knows.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Given our net spend over the last 6-7 years we have massivly over achieved as a club.  With other clubs far outspending us it will catch up with us at some point. The wage bill has obviously increased quite a bit and there's been development money for the stadium but its not unrealistic for a club our size, with the turnover we generate to every now & then to go the extra mile in the transfer market & buy that extra player we need

If net spend was a barometer of success then maybe, but it's just a barometer of saleable/purchasable assets.

14 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm trying to step away from worrying about Liverpool and football in general, so I'm trying not to comment on the FF anymore, but I feel I must comment on this.

A lot seem to be going on about being in battles for top 4 and top 6 rather than challenging for the title, but think on, we've taken 2 points from 9 from games against a newly promoted team, a perennial mid-table team, and the worst Man Utd team for a generation who got beaten by Brighton and Brentford in their previous games.

Nobody is too good to go down, and remember where Dortmund spent a good portion of Klopp's final season there before their late recovery.

Being shit becomes a habit, just as being good does. And the arrogance and lack of application of a good portion of that team is a massive concern, especially when allied with the shitness and / or over the hillness of the rest of the team!

If FSG fail to invest in the next week or so in the team, Liverpool are in a lot of trouble!

I agree also, Klopp looks ill, maybe he has had enough of FSG's bullshit. Or maybe he's actually physically ill. If he is, he doesn't need FSG's shit!

I am a bit concerned about the momentum. We need to get that first win under our belt. 

My point generally though is I don't think the levers that would drive a change in FSGs approach are winning the league or not. I would expect they are CL football or not. Probably this is also impacted by agreements with sponsors - bonuses and whatever. 

In that regard I would hope that last night, coupled with the last few games is a wake up call for them. I think they probably thought the improvements in injuries last season meant they could get away with another season without investment. I cannot believe Klopp saw it that way. He is too switched on. 

I always think any team, at any level, can improve massively with 3 players down their spine. Konate/Matip and Jota/Darwin hopefully will take us some of the way but a midfielder or ideally two (I am dreaming) is a must. We need a player that can boss a game. 

Hopefully they know what is the issue with the injuries and more importantly can sort it because even with those 3 players in a lot of the others look knackered. If that is a short term issue and they bring in the player then I think we will do well.

Obviously though its whether FSG are prepared to back that investment. I think the players are there but expect it will need big investment. I still doubt FSG will actually do it.

If that is the case it will be immensely frustrating as it already feels like groundhog Day in these forums as arguably all we need is what we have needed for the last 2 years. The one bright spot is I think Jürgen was probably aware this is how they operate when he signed his new deal.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Origin and Minamino are shite, Mane wanted to go. Chamberlain and Keita are shite, neither would have done a job.

Fabinho is world class when he's at his best, Thiago too but he's next to useless due to his Daren Anderton like constitution. So that's basically one and a half good midfielders out of a squad of 30-odd players.

Met Anderton on holiday in Barbados . Anyway got to know him had a few drinks at bar . The shape of his legs you would have thought he had been towed through a barbed wire fence multiple times . Fell off bar stool while NOT  drunk a couple of times . Think he was genuinely accident prone . Spoofed me that we were in for him and Neil Sullivan at that time . Likeable to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

We need Trent gone from the fullback position because he has 2 qualities that prevents him from being good there:

2 - His arrogance. 

Have thought about that but he would need replacing, maybe the Scottish kid can eventually, CM would be TAA’s only other position surely. His goals and assists are similar to Robbo who is a far better defender. Only Jurgen can solve the Trent Conundrum, it is not working currently.

4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Met Anderton on holiday in Barbados . Anyway got to know him had a few drinks at bar . The shape of his legs you would have thought he had been towed through a barbed wire fence multiple times . Fell off bar stool while NOT  drunk a couple of times . Think he was genuinely accident prone . Spoofed me that we were in for him and Neil Sullivan at that time . Likeable to be honest. 

He was a good player, another one wasted to injuries. Ledley King another. 

I see the Echo hacks are beginning to admit that the summer policy wasn't the superbly rational behaviour they previously claimed. The standard of journalism at that rag has really declined. Time-servers like Ian Doyle just sneer at fans as if they're emotional children whining about everything, whilst him and his mates remain sensible and shrewd. It was the same after we won the title - 'FSG have credit in the bank, FSG know what they're doing, the fans are stupid, blah blah blah'. Aside from everything else, they're supposed to be writing for the fecking fans, not FSG! 

24 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

2 - His arrogance. 

It seems, on paper, to be a way to fix two problem positions at the same time.  

We need two players in the squad capable of doing the Thiago role, and Trent fits that bill. 

I say we still need another CM to play the Elliott role, but Klopp seems intent on letting him and Jones and Keita do it, and ultimately Klopp will learn the hard way. 

I'm also concerned that Virgil is acting up. Could it be a fallout from the wages given to Salah....

11 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

We need at least 2 midfielders with pace/energy to help our front line .Thiago is made of the glass,Milner and Hendo past their best,Keita should be sold and the rest kids it’s going to be a very long season if we don’t act in transfer market.

You forgot Mr Nice guy Chamberlain mate.

58 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Have thought about that but he would need replacing, maybe the Scottish kid can eventually, CM would be TAA’s only other position surely. His goals and assists are similar to Robbo who is a far better defender. Only Jurgen can solve the Trent Conundrum, it is not working currently.

There another option but it's not one Klopp will do and it's to go 352/343 amd play him as a wing back. 

-----------Gomez---Matip--Virg

TAA---------------Fabinho---------Robbo

-------------Elliot--------------Thiago

----------------Salah--------Nunez

2 hours ago, Antynwa said:

Origi, Minamino, Mane, 

Letting both of Origi and Minamino go looks like a bad decision now, mainly because of how bad Firmino looks these days. On paper, the five forwards looks OK but unfortunately Firmino offers very little. I honestly think either of the other two would offer more 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There another option but it's not one Klopp will do and it's to go 352/343 amd play him as a wing back. 

It is an option as is 4231 when everyone is fit ( don’t laugh)

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That’s undoubtedly Trent’s ideal position, one that he already plays but without the added benefit of having an extra defender to cover him. Like you say though, Klopp doesn’t like that formation.