You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) – Sun 19th Dec 2021 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

City have already played away games against us, Chelsea, United and Spurs. I can't see many games where they are likely to drop points. 

Yeah very hard to see.

I suppose they might have 1 weird defeat that nobody sees coming, but there won't be much more.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

After hearing the explanation I thought OK, let's have a look.Checked the replay and

A. He barely stops

B. The "stopping" that he does do is to steady himself for the shot.

And C. He has no idea that the spurs player is even about to run into him, it's not like he turns his head around and looks for the challenge coming. 

Absolute bullshit. 

It is not against the rules to stop - it is a foul to bowl somebody over from behind, whether they are moving or not.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Loads of incidents there , but the crux for me was our sloppy and casual attitude to passing the ball. If we take more care with the ball we win that game comfortably. The great majority of their good chances came from us giving the ball away , with all the midfield ,Trent and Jota being amongst the worst offenders.

Having said all that , we have drawn at Spurs after winning 12 matches on the trot , so I am not asking the wife to confiscate my belts just yet.

Giveaways

Salah - 7

Jota - 7

Keita - 6

50 minutes ago, an tha said:

If Thiago, Fabinho and VVD play today we win.

Fact we had to play without them is absolute bollocks IMO....The PL has no integrity for my money now....an absolute shambles and the 2 pts dropped here today have for me probably cost us the title.

Chelsea have been fucked this week too - its a fucking joke.

I wouldn't even add Virgil to the "if" list. Just two of our first choice midfield would have made the difference today.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Problem is it now takes near on perfection to compete with the cheating bastards at top of league.

We got 97 pts and couldn't topple them....How many of man utd's teams under demento who won all those leagues got 97 pts?...None of them is the answer...we get 97 and it isn't enough.

They've changed the ask - and it is nigh on perfection needed now - so any dropped points always feel fatal....and dropped points today when we shouldn't have even been playing IMO, with a weakened team and a midfield that was way off the level required and that we would put out feel even worse as there is for me this burning sense of injustice at having to go to one of the hardest away games of season severely weakened when game after game has been called off for same issues we have.

All of that’s true, but it doesn’t mean you can’t still have a draw away at Spurs in these circumstances being a good point. A point away to Chelsea would be a good point too. 

Because we’re so good, there won’t be many games where a point is anything other than a disappointment, but that doesn’t mean there can’t be any. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure what to make of that game. On another day, Spurs could have scored 4 such was our defence exposed, on another we'd win with as nailed on a pen as you'll see anywhere and Kane sent off. In the end we drew and Im disappointed at that.

Some people say we've played well against Villa and Newcastle but, sorry, I have to disagree. I think we've been substandard in both those games as we were here but carried the win.

I mean just where do you start with this game? Absolute shit decisions by the ref all over the park. To me, that's a red card by Kane on Robbo. He's got both feet off the ground and not in control of his body.

I love Robbo's commitment but Ive said time and again, he needs to show more composure. The only complaint he can have about his red card is that Kane didnt get one. You cant just go piling into tackles like that.

Please, can someone explain how that foul on Jota in the box isnt a pen? I thought the decision at newcastle today when the keeper wipes out the newcastle player was a stone wall pen, this one, even more so. It's like the refs abicate responsibility to VAR but VAR goes no clear and obvious error. Say what?!

Spurs may be able to point to their own pen appeal. Maybe if the officials give ours, they give that. But that isnt how they're supposed to officiate the game.

Our defending was shocking especially in the first half. Young Morton disappeared after his booking. He didnt do anything wrong but perhaps a 2nd yellow was in his mind and he disappeared from the game? But he wasnt alone and he has inexperience on his side.

Where's Naby? Anyone see him because he's like the invisible man, in my opinion. He just dips out of too many tackles. I hate getting on his case but if Jurgen cant see this lad isnt going to contribute for us sufficiently in games, we're wasting our time with him.

And Allison is really grinding my gears. What's going on with him? He's got his buddy from Brasil coaching him and he's making schoolboy errors like that in this game and others? Seriously, Id give Kelleher the game against leeds on Boxing Day because Alli's errors are mounting up.

I thought Dele Alli had the better of Trent most of the game and I dont get why Matip is playing in the oppos half at 10 men and 10 minutes of normal time left.

A lovely headed goal by Jota, this lad reminds me of Kevin. Small in stature but leaps like a salmon to score with his head. Andy gets a great goal that should have been a winner but for his and Alli's antics. Thought Konate had a good game overall and probably shades it as MoTM.

The more I think about it, the more Im pissed off with this result.

I think Alisson is being unfairly criticised we would have been dead and buried by half time if it wasn't for him.

He had to deal with about 6 of those forced edge of the box clearances in this game, most of which caused by our midfield and defence having brain farts, and he was successful with 5 if them. Midfielder miskicks the ball leading to a goal and nobody is arsed, Ali makes 1 mistake and you want him dropped. I'm not having that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I think Alisson is being unfairly criticised we would have been dead and buried by half time if it wasn't for him.

He had to deal with about 6 of those forced edge of the box clearances in this game, most of which caused by our midfield and defence having brain farts, and he was successful with 5 if them. Midfielder miskicks the ball leading to a goal and nobody is arsed, Ali makes 1 mistake and you want him dropped. I'm not having that. 

I agree. It just alarms me that after the West Ham game all teams know that he seems completely baffled when an opposition player goes and stands in front of him for corners. He's a really nice guy but on those occasions he looks as shocked as a timid country vicar spying a teddy boy stomping on his petunias. Now that we have even more goalkeeping coaches surely one of them can sort it out? Keepers don't HAVE to let players just keep backing into them.

I've said it before, and got lambasted for it, but Allison is making too many errors to be truly world class. 

He has to get his shit together. Firstly, start dominating the box. For a big lad, he really doesn't fancy the physical side of football.

Secondly, his long passing is great, but playing out from the back we have seen time and time again that he is quite error prone. 

And, last, he must work on his timing. All too often he is caught in no man's land. 

His reactions and one-on-one are excellent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s against Man City. They don’t stop once they get their noses in front when it really counts. That’s why the only title they’ve lost out on in the last five years is when we broke them by getting too far ahead.

This is the first time City will have been top on xmas day in 4 or 5 yrs, I think. Every other time, it’s been us. We haven’t exactly seen that play out to our advantage in terms of Prem trophies! The only thing I will say, is that we have to go to the Etihad now and take 3 points to give ourselves the best chance, assuming City aren’t dropping points down the track a bit, but I personally think they will. 

This season is going to be affected by Covid again - already has. Absolute wildcard of a season now. We have better squad depth than last season, and to be honest, Robbo out for 3 games doesn’t even worry me as Tsimikas is excellent. 

8 minutes ago, HolyHank said:

Secondly, his long passing is great, but playing out from the back we have seen time and time again that he is quite error prone. 

I think that's a problem shared by all the defenders. There's only so many permutations those little triangles can make, and it only takes one slightly mistimed pass or one lapse in concentration and then the whole thing collapses. I often see us give the ball back to him after he's passed it out and think, 'Shite, you're just asking for an error now'. I know why we play out like that but sometimes we do it once, twice, three times back and forth and with two or three good strikers sniffing around that's really risky. It's not just Alisson's problem, even though it sometimes ends up with him being made to look sloppy.

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

This is the first time City will have been top on xmas day in 4 or 5 yrs, I think. Every other time, it’s been us. We haven’t exactly seen that play out to our advantage in terms of Prem trophies! The only thing I will say, is that we have to go to the Etihad now and take 3 points to give ourselves the best chance, assuming City aren’t dropping points down the track a bit, but I personally think they will. 

This season is going to be affected by Covid again - already has. Absolute wildcard of a season now. We have better squad depth than last season, and to be honest, Robbo out for 3 games doesn’t even worry me as Tsimikas is excellent. 

I thought Robbo out for 3 but my lad said Sky says he's only out for 1?

City will have the bit between their teeth now. Nobody will catch them up only apply pressure. We lose a few players and there's a drop in quality, city have bought a squad so deep there's barely a difference. At some point maybe after they win 7 leagues on the bounce and the premier leagues popularity begins to dwindle they might realise having a state own a football club really fucks things up.