You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

People genuinely think Leeds can get anything from City. I reckon Leeds will be 2 goals down 20 minutes in. After watching Chelsea last night I reckon Everton could pick up points too.

Haven't been paying attention to Leeds much. Have they tightened up at the back any bit under Marsch?

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haven't been paying attention to Leeds much. Have they tightened up at the back any bit under Marsch?

I watched their game against Palace. They weren’t as open as they were under their previous myth of a manager, but could easily have lost comfortably.

A combination of poor finishing and some decent last gasp block/saves got them a point. They might even have snatched all three but that would have been pushing it.

Tighter but still shit. It’ll be a miracle if City drop points there.

39 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

City will know they’re in a game, for about ten/fifteen minutes then normal order will be resumed.

The 'who gets the most key players crocked' factor could prove quite significant in these games. We survived Everton. This game will be quite hazardous in that sense for them.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

City will know they’re in a game, for about ten/fifteen minutes then normal order will be resumed.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I watched their game against Palace. They weren’t as open as they were under their previous myth of a manager, but could easily have lost comfortably.

A combination of poor finishing and some decent last gasp block/saves got them a point. They might even have snatched all three but that would have been pushing it.

Tighter but still shit. It’ll be a miracle if City drop points there.

Serious 2-0 to City after 13 minutes vibes from these responses. Calamitous goalkeeping error guaranteed too. 6-1 final score, Guardiola saying ‘it was so tough out there this evening guys, so tough’ in the post-match interview. 

• Upvote 1

As a Giants fan, I must say:

Beat L.A.

Beat L.A.!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12601872/chelsea-takeover-todd-boehly-consortium-to-be-named-preferred-bidder-to-buy-premier-league-club

Todd Boehly's consortium is to be named as the preferred bidder to buy Chelsea.

It emerged on Friday Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain's richest man, had tabled a last-minute £4.25billion bid to buy the west London club.

But it would appear the group headed by LA Dodgers part-owner Boehly - which includes backing from Clearlake Capital, a US investment firm - is in the ascendancy with regard to the takeover.

Chelsea have told the consortium led by Stephen Pagliuca, part-owner of the NBA's Boston Celtics and Serie A's Atalanta, it is not the preferred bidder.

This latest development is a blow to the other remaining group left in the bidding, led by Sir Martin Broughton, the former Liverpool and British Airways chairman, which includes the billionaire Crystal Palace shareholders Dave Blitzer and Josh Harris.

Chelsea hope to have a new owner in place by the end of May.

Once the Raine Group selects a preferred bidder, the government must then grant a new licence to allow the sale to be completed.

9 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Carlo Ancelotti to become the first manager to win the league in all 5 big leagues. 

He has managed Milan Juventus Napoli Bayern Chelsea PSG Real Madrid and it seems to me that only the Ev fans don't like him. 

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Oddly, I think the best chance we have of City losing a game is if we draw tomorrow. 

Pep might rest a player too many and misjudge a game if he feels he has breathing space. 

Yup, very odd…

• Upvote 1