You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Back in haste from Santiago Bernebeu.  An uncharacteristic error from Italian stickmaster Donnarumma, sparked the home side royalty, into, life. 

Benzema rolled back the years, to evoke the spirit of the late, great, Alfredo di Stefano.  Oh, campione!  He ages like the finest Rioja Alta, pesetas can buy.  Adiós Lionel, adiós Neymar, au revoir Kylian.  Pochettino, cruelly exposed in a manner not, seen since the dismal days of Ian Ayre. 

All, in all, a good match, in full. 

• Upvote 2

PSG are a bit of a show pony team I think, Messi,  for all his skill, doesn’t appear to be the kind of player who’d roll up his sleeves and do a bit of chasing back, (look how he played at Anfield in the semi-final a couple of seasons back), Neymar even less so, di Maria the same, Mbappe might do in the right team and for the right manager, not that we’ll be seeing it anytime soon, but they aren’t particularly good defensively when put under real pressure either.

Flatter to deceive. A bit like Spurs, as has been pointed out.

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Good. PSG are a fucking disgraceful entity, so sad to see Messi at that circus, it’s just wrong.

Fair play to Madrid, Vinicus Jr. is quality and Modric and Benzema aging like fine wines. Can’t think of a player who’s aged better than Benzema.

Fuck Messi, the tax dodging, money grabbing midget. 

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, m0e said:

Looked a clear foul to me

I think some refs would have given the foul as keepers seem untouchable but I'm glad it wasn't as they'd been pratting about at the back taking unnnecessary risks all night.  They brought it upon themselves.  Its just a shame UEFA don't grow some bollocks and ban both them & City from all European competition as they should.

7 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

I think some refs would have given the foul as keepers seem untouchable but I'm glad it wasn't as they'd been pratting about at the back taking unnnecessary risks all night.  They brought it upon themselves.  Its just a shame UEFA don't grow some bollocks and ban both them & City from all European competition as they should.

Not what I meant. Its a foul whether it's a keeper or an outfielder. Benzema doesn't touch the ball.

As for the rest of your post, you can't be much of an Alisson fan then?

10 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

how good is Benzema though, got to be the most underrated quality footballer for ages

The only player this season with more league goals in Spain than Iago Aspas, a true achievement.

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I bet he's already deleted Everton from his CV and just says he went down for noncing for two years.

Fixed.

• Upvote 3