You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We still have some way to go to match Man Utds 13 Premier league titles according to the Hobbit twat. 

He's such a snide, can't say well done without having a dig. The definition of a loser.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We still have some way to go to match Man Utds 13 Premier league titles according to the Hobbit twat. 

Ah, the old football started in 1992 mentality. I love it how some mancs dismiss the titles won by Matt Busby and the great teams and players he built for them. For a manager to come out with that bullshit is just laughable but fuck me, that gimp should thank his lucky stars he's still in a job.

Some of them cunts dont seem to realise united had won a whole 2 Division One titles before Busby became manager. city were the bigger club prior to his appointment. Busby won them their first Division One title in 41 years, he took them to another 4 so 5 Division One titles in total. In the pre Premier League era, they had a grand total of 7 Division One titles. They finished 2nd under Busby no less than 4 times (yes, I did find that on wikipedia!).

But none of that counts according to some of our mancs friends because only Premier League titles count, dont they?

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Still annoyed the official site has put 1 premier league 18 first division titles. Out of touch tits.

You could count on one hand the amount of people who actually know the real reason why the first division was renamed the premier league. It was due to the top league wanting to negotiate its own television rights and not share them with the rest of the football league. Its the same division. The top division in England. 

Not having a go at you, just frustrated at the usual cunts who use that premier league is harder to win and all that bollix.

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

PS, the charity shield should be a procession, in front of the fans.

In fact, both teams should bring their respective trophies, put them in a smelting forge in the centre circle and make the Charity Shield out of it in front of everyone, and then the game becomes a winner takes all each year for the amorphous slab of metal.

Murder ball. We will only need Robbo and Fabinho. Probably not even Fabinho. 

3 hours ago, niallers said:

You could count on one hand the amount of people who actually know the real reason why the first division was renamed the premier league. It was due to the top league wanting to negotiate its own television rights and not share them with the rest of the football league. Its the same division. The top division in England. 

Not having a go at you, just frustrated at the usual cunts who use that premier league is harder to win and all that bollix.

Not quite, the PL came into existance because the FA was fed up of the battles it was having with the football league over who ran football in England and wanted to re assert its authority as the 'supreme' ruling body.

That's why in its earlier days the PL was actualled called 'The FA Premier League.' The bigger tv money came about because Sky wanted exclusivity of football coverage in particular but also grow its sports portfolio and grow its customer base. TV money increased as a result of the PL and the Sky monopoly.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

According to the Echo, Liverpool FC, Uruguay have sent congratulations to Liverpool on our title victory.

2 PL clubs have so far not officially congratulated Liverpool. Guess.

Pretty high up on the list of things I couldn't give a fuck about. I don't want anyone to congratulate us. I want them to fucking hate us because that means they want to be us. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Fucking winkle pickers. 

Adidas originals. 

Wrong on both counts. The winkle picker fantasy was created by John because I picked him up on his fucking G-Star Raw jeans with about 48 pockets on each side.