You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

On 21/06/2023 at 08:24, skend04 said:

So you don't know then. 

On 21/06/2023 at 08:01, Gnasher said:

Aliens will land on broadcasting house before Starmer abolishes the House of Lords. Even though he probably thinks its a bit left wing.

We do know now. As did many at the time, James Foster being just one of them.. Although it didn't take Nostradamaus to predict this one hitting the dust. 

20240204_095110.jpg

Starmer is now being found out on such a regular basis those that defend the indefensible are sounding very similar to the 'Bring back Boris' twitter crew after partygate and he'd been caught lying to the house of commons. They just refuse to accept reality. Starmer and his supporters weird reaction to the Uxbridge by-election defeat and throwing the Ulez clean air scheme and Sadiq Khan under a bus being one example that springs to mind. That was bizarre.

On the heels of Annalise Dodds cancelled appearance reported by ITV above, Starmer and David Lammy have now cancelled thier planned appearance at a leisure centre in Lammys constituency in North London today 1-3pm...Hmm. Doesn’t bode well for an election campaign. Unless they all walk around Davos. 

Just to summarise the last dozen or so posts for everyone who has Fake Gnews on ignore: Labour is basically the EDL now because its priorities are not the same as those of some Muslims.

As you were.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Just to summarise the last dozen or so posts for everyone who has Fake Gnews on ignore: Labour is basically the EDL now because its priorities are not the same as those of some Muslims.

As you were.

Great summary, yeah exactly that. Tell it to these. Or are the Labour Party and Guardian also spreading "fake news"?

20240205_120306.jpg

20240205_120248.jpg

Lady below is not a Muslim. She's in the process of being thrown out of the Labour Party though. As is Britain's first black MP. Who is also not a Muslim. 

20240129_140111.jpg

20240203_230912.jpg

So a little more deep-rooted than your flippant little comment, but you knew that. So who's trying to spread the fake news now? You. So well done.

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

As you were.

Bullshit, as ever.

9 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Mr Cholmondley-Warner doing the voiceover on their Party Political Broadcasts!

Far more interesting than the current state of the Labour party, the bloke who played Cholmondley-Warner plays a character on the Archers. 

More on this on Channel 4 news tonight for anyone who might be interested. I think an awful lot of Muslim/black/ethnic people may feel similar to the fella in the clip  with regards to Labour.  

Problem for Labour is everyone has their own take on what they want it to be.

The tories are what they are (up until it was Johnsoned anyway), as are the Lib Dems, Greens and UKIP. People either sign up or ship out.

Labour in the last 14 years has become the "not Tory" movement, a bit like the Democrats. 

That's why we need electoral reform, society is simply too diverse now for it all to fit into two parties.

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The tories are what they are (up until it was Johnsoned anyway), as are the Lib Dems, Greens and UKIP. People either sign up or ship out.

Labour in the last 14 years has become the "not Tory" movement, a bit like the Democrats. 

That's why we need electoral reform, society is simply too diverse now for it all to fit into two parties.

I agree with that. PR would be a game changer. 

I just watched that segment on Channel 4 and it didn't say anything new. Not in my opinion anyway. 

On 05/02/2024 at 18:53, Section_31 said:

Yeah.

Look at how the media and the public reacted to and frankly shit all over Jeremy Corbyn's policies.

When Lab or left it is 'communists, anti British, blah blah blah'....Lab move more centre and it is 'tory light, no different to tories, traitors, blah blah blah'

The things that Lab should stand for have been outright rejected time and time again by a hostile and biased media/establishment and by the fucking thick cunts on the streets of this shithole country - so Lab then try and come up with stuff thst will appeal to them and they get slagged - it is a loaded game, although I will say it is one Lab don't play very cleverly....their messaging is often poor/easy to attack - and of course it is jumped all over.

• Upvote 1

Britain's only black newspaper on the launch of Labours race equality plans. Well written and reasoned (imo) article this on some of the issues discussed a little further up this thread. It's not tub thumping or hectoring. Although it wouldn't be unfair to say they're not very impressed. 

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news/uk-news/2024/02/06/exclusive-black-groups-shut-out-from-labours-launch-of-its-race-equality-plans/?s=09

It's mental how big a part religion seems to play in our political discourse.

Electricity was invented about 300 years ago & this sky fairy shite still goes on. People are entitled to believe in what they want but it should have been fucked it off from the grown up discussions decades ago.

• Upvote 2

Pandering to religion is what led to the unedifying spectacle of Labour hosting public events segregated by sex. If that's something which can be left firmly in the past, I see that only as a positive step.

17 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Pandering to religion is what led to the unedifying spectacle of Labour hosting public events segregated by sex. If that's something which can be left firmly in the past, I see that only as a positive step.

One of these days, you're going to post some oblique reference to Labour and/or Muslims and when I look it up I'll think "Stronts was telling the whole truth".

This is not that day.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-defends-rally-men-women-5640059?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target 

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

One of these days, you're going to post some oblique reference to Labour and/or Muslims and when I look it up I'll think "Stronts was telling the whole truth".

This is not that day.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-defends-rally-men-women-5640059?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target 

Not sure how posting an article showing photos of Labour politicians speaking to a sex segregated audience contradicts my observation that Labour politicians have spoken to sex-segregated audiences. No doubt there are some split hairs I'm missing.

16 hours ago, Strontium said:

Not sure how posting an article showing photos of Labour politicians speaking to a sex segregated audience contradicts my observation that Labour politicians have spoken to sex-segregated audiences. No doubt there are some split hairs I'm missing.

Read the words that you posted; then read the words in the article.

There was no enforced segregation; but, recognising that women from that community tend not to attend those events, a female councillor made arrangements to facilitate their attendance. 

Yes, obviously, it would be better if cultural/religious misogyny wasn't so deeply ingrained that women are excluded from political events, but I wouldn't throw the blame at people who are trying to make the effort to include women.  (But maybe I'm just one of those cultists, performing mental gymnastics to defend my political favourites, Jess Phillips and Tom Watson).