You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I fear I don’t quite share your optimism.

I could see the Tory crazies grabbing control of the party if they lose the election badly . The twats would be back with no government responsibilities to reign in their bile .

Add to that a real chance the Orange cunt could be sat in the White House lending his support 

I just get the feeling that time has passed. I feel like populism's time has passed. For a number of reasons. I genuinely think people want boring politics again. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Catching up on GB New's take on this and Andrew Pierce seems to be advocating for destroying the boats mid-crossing and letting them drown....

Sensible policies for a modern Britain,  is there a bigger gobshite than Pierce in British journalism 

17 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Sensible policies for a modern Britain,  is there a bigger gobshite than Pierce in British journalism 

Does he appear on the ITV morning show sometimes too? I rarely watch it, but there was some smarmy, really annoying cunt on the other week while I was waiting for my tea to brew, and I'm sure it was him.

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Does he appear on the ITV morning show sometimes too? I rarely watch it, but there was some smarmy, really annoying cunt on the other week while I was waiting for my tea to brew, and I'm sure it was him.

Yeah the cunt appears with Kevin Maquire from the Mirror 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

this utter catastrophe can be dated back to that fat mess

he has utterly destroyed them.

I suppose it goes to show that, despite what we like to tell ourselves, the public (both the Tory membership in the first instance and then the wider electorate) often doesn't know best. 

If we let the public rule, and I mean truly rule, say through a decision-making app where they had to vote on every national decisions, we'd be absolutely and utterly fucked within three days, if that. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I suppose it goes to show that, despite what we like to tell ourselves, the public (both the Tory membership in the first instance and then the wider electorate) often doesn't know best. 

If we let the public rule, and I mean truly rule, say through a decision-making app where they had to vote on every national decisions, we'd be absolutely and utterly fucked within three days, if that. 

what blows my mind is that anyone with half a brain.would deduce that a man who doesnt know the names of his own children and was sacked twice for lying,may not be a great choice as pm,yet you had all these highly paid "intelligent" journalists and politicians,sayimg how great he was.

20 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

what blows my mind is that anyone with half a brain.would deduce that a man who doesnt know the names of his own children and was sacked twice for lying,may not be a great choice as pm,yet you had all these highly paid "intelligent" journalists and politicians,sayimg how great he was.

Aye but I get the impression there was some vicarious living going on there alongside the worries about the 'yield' off their by-to-let(s) under a Corbyn government.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

So was that the plan all along?

To come up with some cockamamie scheme, have it rejected by the courts, and use that rejection as a basis for withdrawing from the ECHR and change your own domestic laws?

A continuation of Brexit.

I don't think there was a plan to be honest, or if there was it wasn't theirs.

They're all really, really thick. Truss's grasp of economics is the same as a sausage dog's grasp of renaissance art. 

The likes of Braverman genuinely didn't seem to understand or care that the law could stop her doing what she wanted. A bit like Trump. But considering she's a lawyer by trade that's pretty damming.

That being said, there's no doubt string pullers in Tufton Street with an eye on a bigger prize. 

I really don't believe any of these people care about things like immigration though. They've seen the writing on the wall for their 'movement', like the Republicans. Their last port of call is angry thick poor bastards.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Sunak said today that Starmer wants more boats. That's the angle they wanted, the Rwanda plan will, have been rejected by lefty lawyers that Labour support and ultimately Labour want the country to be 95% boat people. They knew full fucking well Rwanda wasn't going to work or happen. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sunak said today that Starmer wants more boats. That's the angle they wanted, the Rwanda plan will, have been rejected by lefty lawyers that Labour support and ultimately Labour want the country to be 95% boat people. They knew full fucking well Rwanda wasn't going to work or happen. 

It's also a wedge to try and get out of various human rights acts so they can do whatever heinous shit they want without being challenged. A mixture of Johnson's wish to do anything without scrutiny and the old Cameron/ Osbourne tactic of introducing policies more to hurt Labour than to actually do anything worthwhile. Probably sounded great on paper.

41 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

So was that the plan all along?

To come up with some cockamamie scheme, have it rejected by the courts, and use that rejection as a basis for withdrawing from the ECHR and change your own domestic laws?

A continuation of Brexit.

Just to send a relatively small number of immigrants to a questionable African regime with a terrible human rights record at huge expense to the tax payer. They're utterly obsessed with their right wing wish list. Two major wars ongoing, NHS in crisis, social care on it's knees, cost of living crisis, zero growth economy but no it's all about  their small boats policy.

This will be the end of them, if it wasn't already. Just to appease a small percentage of the population. 

• Upvote 1