You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

If you read the Danny Rose quotes in full they're not that bad and more balanced than the sensationalist headline.  I've no issue with what he has said, I like his honesty.

Speaking on the Lockdown Tactics podcast, Rose said: "I'm dying to get back to football but just with the things that are happening right now, people are going through this coronavirus pandemic a lot worse than me, I don't want to be complaining about everything.

"Just off the fact that people are suggesting we should go back to football, like we're guinea pigs or lab rats. We're going to experiment this phase and see if it works or not.

"I can just imagine people at home saying, 'Well they earn that amount of money so they should be going back'.

"For stuff like that I think is it worth the hassle? I could be potentially risking my health for people's entertainment and that's not something I want to be involved in if I'm honest."

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Serial dickhead, Serge Aurier, in the shit with Spurs for breaching lockdown a third time after the stupid bastard posted a picture of himself on social media getting a haircut.

He's as thick off the pitch as he is on it.

Guest Alex_K

I guess there's an astronomical chance the illness I could catch at work today would be fatal to me, but it may affect my elderly family/friends around me, which might mean I have to spend a few weeks away from them while I'm working. Is it worth the hassle? Fuck it, I'll stay home and take my full paycheck anyway that is not in any way shape or form protected by the government scheme. Not like if everyone took the same approach as me the company I earn a living from would go bankrupt and everyone in the supply chain would be fucked, is it?

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Serial dickhead, Serge Aurier, in the shit with Spurs for breaching lockdown a third time after the stupid bastard posted a picture of himself on social media getting a haircut.

I think that's what it says on his birth certificate. If it doesn't, it really ought to.

8 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

So actually going back to work might have saved his life and life of the people he has interacted with. 

Could have saved all manner of people.  With him being asymptomatic, he'd be a walking talking superspreader whenever he popped out for some milk and scratch cards.  This is why EVERYONE should wear a mask.  

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

If you read the Danny Rose quotes in full they're not that bad and more balanced than the sensationalist headline.  I've no issue with what he has said, I like his honesty.

Speaking on the Lockdown Tactics podcast, Rose said: "I'm dying to get back to football but just with the things that are happening right now, people are going through this coronavirus pandemic a lot worse than me, I don't want to be complaining about everything.

"Just off the fact that people are suggesting we should go back to football, like we're guinea pigs or lab rats. We're going to experiment this phase and see if it works or not.

"I can just imagine people at home saying, 'Well they earn that amount of money so they should be going back'.

"For stuff like that I think is it worth the hassle? I could be potentially risking my health for people's entertainment and that's not something I want to be involved in if I'm honest."

He sounds like a self centred cunt. Firstly, why does he think he's a lab rat? Because he'll be fortunate enough to have regular tests? Because if we want to ask who's really the lab rats, it's literally everyone who's had to go outside their house over the last 3 months - or how about the German footballers who are actually doing this 1st, which footballers here will benefit from?

And how about he's not just doing this for people's entertainment. How about his job is not just about Danny rose, but there's an entire industry waiting to get back to work? 

He doesn't even understand the reason we're isolating, it's not to protect ourselves, it's to protect the wider public and the NHS. If he doesn't want to play I'm sound with that. Let him inform his club he doesn't want to play and he doesn't get paid - I doesn't need to cry like a spoilt baby.

I assume he's a wealthy lad and he's every right to take advantage of that. Then when he rocks up to the supermarket for some food, I hope they tell him to fuck off and grow his own. Because absolutely everyone on in that supply chain didn't want to go to work to feed some selfish twat. 

Danny rose is a cunt and absolutely nothing in that article suggests otherwise.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Southend beach yesterday but wait til a few Liverpool fans congregate outside Anfield for a trophy presentation and will get accused of being thick self centred RS/bin dippers spreading the virus.

20200521_102344.jpg

West Ham are never going to be free from it...……..

42 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Ok, I'll give you he's honest. But that doesn't stop him being a cunt! Was the only thing wrong with the Nazi's they just didn't admit they killed Jews? 

No, but not wanting to play football for fear of a virus doesn't make Rose a Nazi.  I think it's fair enough.  One or two players shedding the virus in a crowded penalty area, it's not the place I'd want to be.