You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

hqdefault.jpg

“You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little itty bitty virus will force you to self-isolate, well then everyone loses their minds and starts panic buying toilet paper.”

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 19.49.50.png

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Mudface said:

Sounds pretty similar to me- I had scarlet fever and multiple bouts of tonsillitis as a kid, and I also remember being very ill with mumps and measles. The 'flu I had was in 1988, God knows what my temperature was, but I couldn't get out of bed for over a week.

I don't know if this will help anybody else, but using Beconase nasal spray (for hayfever) really helped with the last cold I had over Christmas.

I rarely get a cold, which has me wondering why I got one last week, headaches and that my body is still fighting something. Warm as toast one minute and then sticking the heating and a jumper on a bit later. Blocked or runyish nose I get more often, but hardly ever a cold as stated. I had German measles when I was a squaddie in the 80's and was shoved into quarantine, literally bored out of my skull as I had no fever, nadda, just red spots all over my top half of the body. 

On a side note, pollen season is kicking in .....going to be a lot of folk flapping. 

One thing might help with this insane culling experiment from the Tory psychos : a lot of Americans might soon start realising exactly what our plans are on this and why Trump suspended flights to the EU and left the UK out of that. In fact people from all over the planet should soon be asking what the fuck we think we're doing.

At least there's more voices in this country speaking out now. If we have 10k+ people already infected though it's going to get seriously worse with every day that passes.

If the NHS goes to shit shortly with no policy change it's going to be the tip of the iceberg. Italy could look like a picnic in comparison. Maybe so many people are fixated on Trump that they've not even heard what our gov are planning, it should really be causing global outrage if most of the world believes in containing this so much, fucking insane.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Can I stay at yours? I’m housetrained and can bring my own toilet roll.

The new currency. Found a pack of 20, 4 ply and scented today, I feel like I'm part of the upper echelon now. 

Guest Pistonbroke

One of Trump's promises....

He said the government will take advantage of the low price of oil to buy large quantities for storage in the US - "We're gonna fill it right up", he promised

Nadine Dorries on Twitter looking for sympathy for her mother who has tested positive for Coronavirus. Not the same Nadine Dorries who contracted the virus last week and carried on with her constituency surgery at the weekend? No-one would be that thick surely?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Champ said:

Nadine Dorries on Twitter looking for sympathy for her mother who has tested positive for Coronavirus. Not the same Nadine Dorries who contracted the virus last week and carried on with her constituency surgery at the weekend? No-one would be that thick surely?

Right wing people are mentally ill.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There we go, someone on the TV that finally fucking gets how insane this is :

Bastards have fucking taken it down! The guy was going almost mental on channel 4 about what we're doing and talking about how it'll lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths, and it's now gone. But it's fine to casually talk about culling half a million.

Hopefully someone else has this, fucking absolute bastards.

Back again, no idea if they'll remove it or not again though. This clip is a bit different, more of the guy in the studio talking at the end :

edit : Gone, they're censoring channel 4. Gotta keep the masses pacified as they cull hundreds of thousands.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't have any knowledge of UK politics, nor do I have any particular allegiance, but their response to this comes across as exceptionally arrogant. 

It's the Tory way mate, good old British gusto will get us through this, we're all in this together.....we won two World Wars I'll have you know......then they return to their ivory towers with the best medical aid on standby. 

Notice what was finally acceptable. Propaganda in action. Here's the current tweet text :

"We need to catch this before the weekend."

Tomas Pueyo, a silicon valley entrepreneur, believes the UK government must act more decisively on coronavirus.

Epidemiology professor John Edmunds sets out why he is wrong and why the current response is appropriate.

Here's the original :

8TXp0ni.jpg