You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm not wrong.

The first Italy death was reported on 22 Feb. That is a fact.

The first UK death was reported on 5 Mar. That is a fact. 

The table provided showed the first UK deaths reported on 7 Mar. Which is two days later than it should be. That is a fact.

Quite why you are having difficulty with this, I do not know.

Embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hence why I used 10-14 days to stop more hissy fits and if we follow that curve, we’re on a significant upwards trajectory. 

Yes, the trajectory will be up for a while yet. What matter is how fast that trajectory increases. Flattening the curve is the key challenge here.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, the trajectory will be up for a while yet. What matter is how fast that trajectory increases. Flattening the curve is the key challenge here.

Let’s just keep that narrative because who really gives a fuck if stats are a day or two out & just agree the forthcoming days / weeks / months look very difficult. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

SD genuine question, I'm not baiting, you have been asked but have avoided it. Is everyone going to be embarrassed still? If you still think that then can you try and lighten the mood with your reasons why? I could do with a more positive spin on things. 

21 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Neg away with your sausage fingers. The fact that you can't admit you're wrong tells us everything we need to know. 

You daft fucking cabbage. 

Have you seen Trumps latest press conference? Pathological liars can't admit being wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I’ve watched practically fuck all about this whole thing, so I come to you for sensible information. How long is this going to take to stop being a thing?

18 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’ve watched practically fuck all about this whole thing, so I come to you for sensible information. How long is this going to take to stop being a thing?

*sucks teeth* ooh, I’ve got some bad news for you, buddy

• Upvote 3

You can add in all the deaths that are as a result of the health system over there being unable to cope that are not Corona too, so they won't get reported. What is happening in Italy is coming here, that is undeniable. 

I've urged friends who are currently self isolating due to being high risk, not to do any bloody daft DIY jobs. Not to do anything risky as in the coming weeks there may be no health service for them. 

LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Saturday they had charged a man with making counterfeit treatment kits for coronavirus, and sending them across the world. 

Frank Ludlow, 59, of West Sussex, southern England, was arrested on Friday and has been charged with one count of fraud by false representation, one count of possession of articles for use in fraud, and one count of unlawfully manufacturing a medicinal product. 

He appeared at Brighton Magistrates Court and was remanded in custody until April 20. 

Ludlow’s arrest followed a joint investigation by the City of London Police’s Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU), the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 

During a search of Ludlow’s home, police found 300 more treatment kits and an estimated 20 litres of chemicals used in the production of the fake kits. 

“The kits are thought to contain potassium thiocyanate and hydrogen peroxide, both of which are extremely harmful chemicals when the user is instructed to wash and rinse their mouth with them,” the police said. 

The case originated when officers with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency in Los Angeles intercepted a package on March 18 that was sent from the UK and contained 60 separate COVID-19 treatment kits labelled as “Anti-Pathogenic treatment”. 

The U.S. FDA determined the product to be an unapproved drug and alerted the MHRA in the UK.