You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

2 hours ago, Thoth said:

FUCK and I can’t state this enough OFF 

REAL WANT VAN DIJK TO REPLACE RAMOS

As we told you earlier, Sergio Ramos could leave Real Madrid this summer after he is believed to have fallen out with Florentino Perez following their defeat to Ajax in the Champions League, says Marca.

Manchester United have enquired as to his availability as they continue to search for a centre back. 

If Ramos leaves the Bernabeu, Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk is the first defender on Madrid’s list to replace the Spaniard. Kalidou Koulibaly, Matthijs de Ligt and Jose Maria Gimenez are also on their radar, reports AS.

No one cares

I'm not too worried about him at United. If he came here he'd have 4 other top class players in the back 5 to carry him whilst he's finding his feet. He could learn from Van Dijk. Who's he going to learn from there? Phil Jones? Chris Smalling?

Typical Riola, whoring his clients out for money. 

21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They will ruin him. 

Agreed. I guess his attitude and personality will still have a say but that kind of fee and wages for a 19 year old has the potential to ruin them alright. Will you still have the same hunger knowing you're set for life at 19? Maybe some will, but definitely some don't.

6 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Agreed. I guess his attitude and personality will still have a say but that kind of fee and wages for a 19 year old has the potential to ruin them alright. Will you still have the same hunger knowing you're set got life at 19? Maybe some will, but definitely some don't.

At 19 a footballer is still learning so much that to reward a player who is still developing is going to cause more harm than good. Van Dijk surely must have been a similar player at that age and he was still playing for Celtic and Southampton in his mid 20s.

4 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

This is what I am hearing. This means that they're not learning from their past mistakes. De Ligt is good but not "that" good to command such wages. 

It’s the fee you can demand when you kno w your team won’t be in the champions league for the next 5 years

He’s literally been taking the piss out of them I think.  He’s been liking all sorts of instagram posts by their players and talking about coming to England and it’s all just to squeeze every penny he can out of Barca.  With this being his attitude at 19 already I would have liked to have seen him go to United.  He’s massively overrated and will never live up to the hype.  Having another player on silly wages struggling would have been hilarious.

Liverpool are hoping to steal Fluminense’s Joao Pedro from Watford’s grasp, according to reports.

Globoesporte claims that Fluminense agreed to sell the 17-year-old to Watford last year, but that Liverpool has since made enquiries after the young Brazilian forward caught their eye.

The agreed deal with the Hornets is not binding due to the striker’s young age, although Watford would be due compensation if the move did fall through.

The Vicarage Road outfit have worked the Brazilian market well in recent times, with Richarlison brought in for £11.2m and then sold to Everton for £40m a year later.

However, the report added that a third party could approach the Brazilian side and pay the compensation on top of their own offer to sign the talented youngster