You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sharks (and all things oceany)

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

It depends what fish you're talking about. Technically humans are fish.

I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes…Charles Darwin seemed to theorise humans descended from a particular fish but this appears to have been debunked.

1 minute ago, TheBitch said:

Hit us with another fun fact from the boat trip, @Curly  

I went on a boat trip once. It even went sideways and fast. It was quite scary. But also fun. I also steered the boat. Not while it was sideways and fast though.

47 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Hit us with another fun fact from the boat trip, @Curly  

Hold tight!

The Peregrine Falcon is the world’s fastest recorded animal - it can reach 186mph when diving in flight!

The woman running the boat trip said that it was recorded at 224mph by national geographic, but that was inaccurate as they dropped it from a plane or some such jazz. While I don’t know her credentials and spent just over an hour in her company, I’m inclined to believe her. She seemed solid and reliable - not only was she regaling us with these facts, but she was driving the boat as well!

5767D608-D635-4F83-9B21-3493607D9308.gif

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Curly said:

I’m about to blow all your minds here. This is top level trivia shit. Top, top level. Heard it on a boat trip to look at dolphins in New Quay (the Welsh one):

Killer whales aren’t actually whales! They are in the dolphin family!

Killer whale are actually meant to be called whale killers, but the name got reversed in translation! 

I know you are probably reeling from the above, but if you can stand the excitement, I’ve got more where that came from. From the same boat trip as well!

*small print - if any of the above is incorrect / untrue, I’m just relaying the news here. Don’t shoot the messenger 

B841C9D6-851D-48A4-B95F-AB3BAFC63236.gif

I went there,to New Quay in Wales in 1998 on a boat trip with family,to see the Dolphins. It was one of the nicest places I've been to in the UK. I hope that 25 years later it's still as lovely a place as it once was. In fact that West Wales coastline and area is fantastic. We were in a caravan just outside Aberystwyth. It was the last time I stayed in a caravan and hopefully the last time ever as I simply don't like them at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Curly said:

Hold tight!

The Peregrine Falcon is the world’s fastest recorded animal - it can reach 186mph when diving in flight!

The woman running the boat trip said that it was recorded at 224mph by national geographic, but that was inaccurate as they dropped it from a plane or some such jazz. While I don’t know her credentials and spent just over an hour in her company, I’m inclined to believe her. She seemed solid and reliable - not only was she regaling us with these facts, but she was driving the boat as well!

5767D608-D635-4F83-9B21-3493607D9308.gif

I'm still deeply upset about my poor peregrine getting booted from the animal tournament about a decade ago. Our greatest native predator.

Apart from Andrew obv. Great meaning large or immense, we use it in the pejorative sense.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I went there,to New Quay in Wales in 1998 on a boat trip with family,to see the Dolphins. It was one of the nicest places I've been to in the UK. I hope that 25 years later it's still as lovely a place as it once was. In fact that West Wales coastline and area is fantastic. We were in a caravan just outside Aberystwyth. It was the last time I stayed in a caravan and hopefully the last time ever as I simply don't like them at all.

It is mate - lovely place to visit. We went a short time back, so it was pretty quiet too. Went as a kid on family breaks a couple times.

Was mad seeing all the empty houses there. Provoked me to google some info about the place and was shocked to find out there were only around 1,000 permanent residents there, which is dropping all the time. There must have been way more than 1,000 empty houses there, never mind the caravans, chalets and surrounding holiday accommodation. Sad really - local people who were once able to survive on the seasonal nature of work there, now driven out as house prices soar for them due to people buying holiday and second homes there.

I don’t mind a caravan - haven’t been in one since I was a kid like, but we had a mooch about and Mrs Curly quite liked the idea of one of the static caravan sites, until we saw the price of a week in one. 

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'm still deeply upset about my poor peregrine getting booted from the animal tournament about a decade ago. Our greatest native predator.

Apart from Andrew obv. Great meaning large or immense, we use it in the pejorative sense.

Why was he booted mate? Sounds like a disgrace if I’m honest. An utter disgrace

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I wasn’t online, you daft cunt. 

Who are you calling a coward? It reads clearly to everyone, including you, that I was calling you a Billy Bullshitter. Straight in with the hard man act again, as well. It’s like fucking Groundhog Day in here. 

Quote the hard man act or the bullshit you fucking coward.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Quote the hard man act or the bullshit you fucking coward.

I did the other week on the Member’s Forum when you were insisting that it’s impossible to knock someone out, even for someone as big as you (photo evidence provided)

I used the search function and posted just a snippet of all the times you’ve said you’ve knocked people out. It’s still there, people can read it, you fucking weirdo. 

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

I did the other week on the Member’s Forum when you were insisting that it’s impossible to knock someone out, even for someone as big as you (photo evidence accompanied)

I used the search function and posted just a snippet of all the times you’ve said you’ve knocked people out. It’s still there, people can read it, you fucking weirdo. 

still waiting 

8 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Back up your shit or fuck off

I’m very close to shitting myself here. Look, it was just a few pages back. Now you’ll say you’re not Anny Road, even though it’s been clear since the minute you got out of jail for “smacking a copper with his truncheon” and started spamming this place with absolute shite, exactly who you were. 

CFF0E41D-E42E-4339-AF27-D2FE5688BA63.jpeg

11DCF170-A763-4D2B-9EA8-38070BDC28F5.jpeg

980826CC-8999-4C97-ABE8-DECB5B75C028.jpeg

33CD6074-8DD7-4A09-A1BE-FDF30AD9F708.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I went on a boat trip once. It even went sideways and fast. It was quite scary. But also fun. I also steered the boat. Not while it was sideways and fast though.

I went on a boat trip in Florida and the boat was attacked by a great white shark which ran its head alongside the boat. Luckily not catching anyone, just spraying them with water.

It was thee Jaws ride at Universal Studios.

Went on another boat ride and encountered dinosaurs. But that’s a story for a different day.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2