Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 71 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

To me it stinks of his usual trick, him being a sore loser and all that. He probably realises that winning the Pl is a huge ask now and probably way beyond his managerial capabilities with the defenders at his disposal. He also realises that they are just not good enough to win the CL as when they meet a team who are very good and well organised he'll get dumped out over two legs because they can't keep a clean sheet at home. 

Agreed. Can't see them winning the CL but remember Chelsea lifting the trophy a few years back after being absolute dogshit in the knockout stages . 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

Agreed. Can't see them winning the CL but remember Chelsea lifting the trophy a few years back after being absolute dogshit in the knockout stages . 

I suppose anything can happen, but Chelsea achieved that CL victory on the back of dogged defending. 

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We appear to have gotten to Gary....

Hahaha, they should send Gary a BBC mug with a sad looking Pep photo on it. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

City had a decent defence and a great striker in Drogba. At this stage, City have neither.

43 minutes ago, Trumo said:

You mean the Abu Dhabi mob, right? The Qatari mob have already spent £200m on Neymar and more than £150m on Mbappe.

Do I? I guess so. I've lost track at this stage.

On 08/12/2019 at 10:03, Scooby Dudek said:

I am waiting to hear from our spiritual leader;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48020270

Raheem Sterling: Manchester City and England star calls for nine-point deduction for racist chanting

What does Raheem Sterling think should happen?

He doesn't think fines for clubs where racist chanting happens is going far enough.

He wants clubs to be forced play three games behind closed doors and lose nine points for racist abuse: "It sounds harsh but which fan will risk racist behaviour if it might relegate their team or ruin their title bid?"

Sterling also wants to see more Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) people in charge of clubs and governing bodies.

It's after players in England and Wales came off social media for 24 hours on Friday.

The protest was organised by the Professional Footballers' Association calling for "stronger action to be taken by social networks and footballing authorities in response to racist abuse both on and off the pitch".

I thought all their home games were played behind closed doors.

• Upvote 3

The kip of Pep. Deserves sacking for that interview alone, the owners should be furious after the investment they have backed him with.

Sounds like he’s laying the path for his exit, he’s rarely had to compete anywhere before and he clearly can’t handle it.

• Upvote 2

Imagine having that quim as your fearless leader - kinell.

The reality is both Klopp and he have built teams in their likeness.

One has players like Sterling, Bernardo, Silva and Kyle Walker.

The other has Mentality Monsters.

• Upvote 4

Just saw an interesting stat: Mahrez has contributed to more goals (10) this season in the league than Sterling (9), despite the former having played 653 less minutes.

Maybe Pep should focus on managing his squad better and starting the players who are performing better instead of saying his squad can't compete and that there is a conspiracy against his club.

Hasn’t helped himself Guardiola. At the same time as suffering defensive injuries he’s made his midfield more porous by moving the ceaseless Bernardo out of the middle where he played last season and also introducing Rodri. De Bruyne is a great midfielder in isolation but he’s not half slow; when you’ve got him, final-season David Silva and first-season Rodri protecting a makeshift defence you’re asking for trouble 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hasn’t helped himself Guardiola. At the same time as suffering defensive injuries he’s made his midfield more porous by moving the ceaseless Bernardo out of the middle where he played last season and also introducing Rodri. De Bruyne is a great midfielder in isolation but he’s not half slow; when you’ve got him, final-season David Silva and first-season Rodri protecting a makeshift defence you’re asking for trouble 

I can't figure out why he's insisting on playing Fernandinho at the back, he's a brilliant DM and last season they only seemed to drop points in games he was missing, he was one of the biggest reasons they won the league, his tactical fouls near the halfway line are invaluable. 

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I can't figure out why he's insisting on playing Fernandinho at the back, he's a brilliant DM and last season they only seemed to drop points in games he was missing, he was one of the biggest reasons they won the league, his tactical fouls near the halfway line are invaluable. 

they couldn't afford a replacement centre-back for Kompany. tough times for them. maybe they might have to sell to buy like us soon?

Perhaps he threw United in there, just in terms of total spending.

But then he has to deal with the fact that Klopp has surpassed him with a net spend lower than what he's spent on his back-up right backs.

As for teams and hatred, Chelsea and their fanbase, particularly under Mourinho, were just as detestable. Complete shower of cunts, from top to bottom. Not a single redeeming virtue I can recall.

• Upvote 2

As good as Pep is, we would be a top 4 pl team rather than the best club side in the world, if he had taken over in 2015.

Jurgen is on a different level as a manager and a human being.

You hear the way he talks up lads going through a rough patch like Keita and the way he hugs the young players like Hoever, Curtis Jones and Kelleher. He loves making players better and doesn't bitch when he is dealt a bad hand.

If City drop points in their next two games, Pep should blood a few of their young players and try and build something for next season. Instead, he will play the poor mouth and possibly depart for a mega club. Laughable from the most lauded manager in the world.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see an Amazon Prime series about this season. Bet he's lost the plot with loads of them behind the scenes and has had tons of bitch fits. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

As good as Pep is, we would be a top 4 pl team rather than the best club side in the world, if he had taken over in 2015.

Jurgen is on a different level as a manager and a human being.

You hear the way he talks up lads going through a rough patch like Keita and the way he hugs the young players like Hoever, Curtis Jones and Kelleher. He loves making players better and doesn't bitch when he is dealt a bad hand.

If City drop points in their next two games, Pep should blood a few of their young players and try and build something for next season. Instead, he will play the poor mouth and possibly depart for a mega club. Laughable from the most lauded manager in the world.

Klopp and Pep are completely different. Pep makes great teams unbeatable for a short term period and then he leaves. Klopp can build a juggernaut over an extended period of time. Both great at what they do but Klopp is undoubtedly the better fit for us. 

I think the thing with Pep though is that he's too focused on tactics. It's gone wrong multiple times for him in the Champions League and I think he's in his own head. Because to win the Champions League against all these great European sides, a lot of it is about mental fortitude and getting through difficult periods in matches. With Pep, when someone figures him out tactically, his teams can't stop the bleeding. Klopp seems more tuned into the mental aspect and fighting for results. 

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Klopp and Pep are completely different. Pep makes great teams unbeatable for a short term period and then he leaves. Klopp can build a juggernaut over an extended period of time. Both great at what they do but Klopp is undoubtedly the better fit for us. 

I think the thing with Pep though is that he's too focused on tactics. It's gone wrong multiple times for him in the Champions League and I think he's in his own head. Because to win the Champions League against all these great European sides, a lot of it is about mental fortitude and getting through difficult periods in matches. With Pep, when someone figures him out tactically, his teams can't stop the bleeding. Klopp seems more tuned into the mental aspect and fighting for results. 

Great post that. 

44 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You’ve just gone and jinxed us now. Salzburg to qualify tomorrow.

On 09/12/2019 at 13:38, 3 Stacks said:

Just saw an interesting stat: Mahrez has contributed to more goals (10) this season in the league than Sterling (9), despite the former having played 653 less minutes.

Maybe Pep should focus on managing his squad better and starting the players who are performing better instead of saying his squad can't compete and that there is a conspiracy against his club.

But to be fair Sterling has been busy being the greatest player in the history of the galaxy 

• Upvote 1