Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 42 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I don't know what to think about that. It's funny we're even arsed about doing it and we could ... but ffs, what the fuck are they playing at doing that and secondly getting caught? 

32 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't know what to think about that. It's funny we're even arsed about doing it and we could ... but ffs, what the fuck are they playing at doing that and secondly getting caught? 

They must have been ex city scouts we poached logging on to their database to harvest their data. Sackable offense IMO. Real small time.

22 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

They must have been ex city scouts we poached logging on to their database to harvest their data. Sackable offense IMO. Real small time.

That would seem likely. And absolutely is a sackable offence. I would like to know if this was something done by individuals acting on their own or if it was something that was supported at more senior levels. 

But, still funny it could be done! 

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

That would seem likely. And absolutely is a sackable offence. I would like to know if this was something done by individuals acting on their own or if it was something that was supported at more senior levels. 

But, still funny it could be done! 

I don’t think Klopp would’ve told them “no, don’t do it” if that’s what you’re asking. Fact that John Henry was willing to part with £1m does suggests to me that Klopp could’ve done more. Otherwise he would’ve just sacked the cunts.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t think Klopp would’ve told them “no, don’t do it” if that’s what you’re asking. Fact that John Henry was willing to part with £1m does suggests to me that Klopp could’ve done more. Otherwise he would’ve just sacked the cunts.

My guess is it's absolutely nothing to do with klopp actually. I thought all the scouts work for Edwards. And I imagine nobody above Edwards has even the slightest interested in scouting . But I'm assuming (and could be very wrong) that's there's someone heads up scouting and they in turn report into Edwards. It could just be one fella who realised city left his access open after he left and told nobody. Or it could be something we've decided to do to get ahead of city and it was a deliberate choice by the scouting dept. As you mention, the fact we've been willing to part with £1m to make it go away suggests it doesn't look good for us as a club. But then henry is probably more used to wall st fines and might think this was a bargain for a bit of inside knowledge ! 

• Upvote 1

"Liverpool paid a £1 million settlement to Manchester City after their Premier League rivals made a complaint that their scouting system had been hacked into.

The confidential settlement took place in September 2013 after it was reported that City had employed computer-espionage experts to see if the system had been spied on.

The scandal would appear to be the biggest incident of alleged misbehaviour by one top-flight club to another in the Premier League’s history.

The settlement came a year after three former City scouts moved to Liverpool."

From 2013 but that won't stop the sensationalised headlines doing the rounds.  Not good but I think the lads above are correct, just change your passwords and you'll be sound haha.

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

@lauraw97_: we hacked into city’s scouting system in september 2013 and then ahead of the 14/15 season we signed lambert, balotelli, markovic and manquillo. i think we’re the ones owed an apology and a settlement fee https://twitter.com/timessport/status/1175184476726599680

Threw them off the scent though, didn’t we?

BCED627A-FC45-41D3-9493-8A7595231734.gif

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It's nothing to do with Edwards or Klopp

In 2013 Edwards was still just a on field analyst wasn't he

20190922_101346.jpg

• Upvote 6