You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intellectual Dark Web

aRdja

7 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’ve caught up now. I genuinely don’t understand why he’s suing Bastani. The organisation he belonged to (and was actively recruiting for) *is* banned in Germany, Russia, China, Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan, and Indonesia for being too extreme. I mean... 

I suppose it’s the difference between being present and participating.  Subtle but very important. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Who is she and what the fuck? 

Tried to enter the UK to support Master Waxley-Lennon and was denied entry. Professes to prefer white supremacy. Then photos of her black high school boyfriend began circulating and her stock fell amongst her right-wing cohorts. 

From what 3 Stacks says it appears she’s given up on being the right-wing online media darling.

Fit, but mad.

EDIT: And Paul Joseph Watson’s hopes of finally getting a date with a girl appear to have vanished with her.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I suppose it’s the difference between being present and participating.  Subtle but very important. 

What? He actively *recruited* members for an Islamist organisation, that loads (including muslims themselves) consider more extreme than Hezbollah or Hamas. 

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

What? He actively *recruited* members for an Islamist organisation, that loads (including muslims themselves) consider more extreme than Hezbollah or Hamas. 

Yes. But he wasn’t a ‘literal former terrorist’. Because saying ‘reformed islamist’ isn’t an insult is it? Because it includes the ‘reformed’ bit, which is to be applauded surely.  So, he lied, or sexed it up, and libelled him.  Now Bastanis defence may be that he hasn’t sullied his character as he’s admitted to being an Islamist in the past, and the difference isn’t that great.  But that’s dangerous isn’t it?  Quite a good move by MN. 

I’d expect a retraction and full and complete apology. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes. But he wasn’t a ‘literal former terrorist’. Because saying ‘reformed islamist’ isn’t an insult is it? Because it includes the ‘reformed’ bit, which is to be applauded surely.  So, he lied, or sexed it up, and libelled him.  Now Bastanis defence may be that he hasn’t sullied his character as he’s admitted to being an Islamist in the past, and the difference isn’t that great.  But that’s dangerous isn’t it?  Quite a good move by MN. 

I’d expect a retraction and full and complete apology. 

What the hell is the difference? For all we know, some of the people he recruited could’ve committed acts of terrorism. Not all terrorists blow themselves up Rico. Former Islamist and reformed Islamist basically mean the same thing. He’s just being pathetic as per usual. The ugly twat.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

All reformed terrorists are former terrorists. Not all former terrorists are reformed terrorists. 

Thanks. Is that it you think? Is that what he’s suing him for? Saying former as opposed to reformed? If so, that is fucking embarrassing. Pitiful. Biggest fucking snowflake in the country.

Just now, viRdjil said:

Thanks. Is that it you think? Is that what he’s suing him for? Saying former not reformed? If so, that is fucking embarrassing. Pitiful.

And he was never convicted of terrorism.  And it’s a big distinction don’t you think?  Reformed and not reformed?  Or maybe you don’t. It’s a good job you are good with numbers. 

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And he was never convicted of terrorism.  And it’s a big distinction don’t you think?  Reformed and not reformed?  Or maybe you don’t. It’s a good job you are good with numbers. 

What are you on about? I thought we had established that Hibz ut-Tahrir is an extremist organisation, so much so that it’s banned in loads of (including Islamic) countries. It’s considered more extreme than Hamas or Hezbollah. Don’t just take my word for it. Here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/extremists-hizb-ut-tahrir-targeting-inner-city-youth-in-birmingham-r2nfrfr08

also leave the dig out, it’s unnecessary and I’ve said it before I’m not interested... I’m 34 years old FFS. Keep it civil.

27 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Thanks. Is that it you think? Is that what he’s suing him for? Saying former as opposed to reformed? If so, that is fucking embarrassing. Pitiful. Biggest fucking snowflake in the country.

No idea, I’ve not seen what he actually said. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with calling somebody who is a reformed terrorist a former terrorist, if that’s what happened. I suspect it’s the word terrorist and not Islamist that’s the issue. I haven’t seen it though. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, have a think about the implications of what you deem to be ok.  It gets quite bad, quite quickly. 

Why are you being cryptic? Just tell me what they are... what did I deem okay?

Here’s a direct quote from their wiki page:

While HT has been compared to Daesh and both groups share the goal of re-establishing a caliphate that unites the Muslim world, the groups have acted as competitors rather than allies.

Is he gonna sue them to now? Is he trying to protect HT?

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No idea, I’ve not seen what he actually said. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with calling somebody who is a reformed terrorist a former terrorist, if that’s what happened. I suspect it’s the word terrorist and not Islamist that’s the issue. I haven’t seen it though. 

Genuinely baffling.

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Genuinely baffling.

The problem here is labelling someone as "literally a former terrorist" when they're not, and never have been, a terrorist.

I don't know what's baffling about it, it's well established that you can't just defame people like that.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The problem here is labelling someone as "literally a former terrorist" when they're not, and never have been, a terrorist.

I don't know what's baffling about it, it's well established that you can't just defame people like that.

Didn’t he actively recruit for an extremist organisation that is banned in several countries around the world for being too extreme? An organisation that calls for the destruction of all Jews for example. An organisation linked to the Bali bombing in early 2000s.