You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) - 12:30pm, Sat 12/08/17 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

well that was unsurprising. how anything was gonna be different from last year when we haven't signed any fucking players, The defence is a bit shit but fucking hell the midfield was terrible

It's shocking that we don't seem to be strengthening a very weak squad, and a poor defence, this window.

But also things should improve by better defensive organisation. Our complete inhability to defend effectively as a unit could and should have been addressed long ago.

• Upvote 1

Weren't the first two Watford goals offside? Certainly also the first one from the corner looks like the keeper is being impeded also. Even their third goal had a question of offside.

1st one has an offside element because a player in the middle of the goal made an attempt to play the ball so should have been flagged.

I dont think the 2nd has any offside but the 3rd deffo is.

A season and a half to sort the defence out.. I love Klopp but just saying

Feel exactly the same. Nothing wrong with a good moan about dodgy offside decisions and individual players, I do it like most others.

But the failure to improve the team defensively, by getting new players in and by coaching the whole team on defensive organisation is starting to look bad on Klopp and his team.

It's shocking that we don't seem to be strengthening a very weak squad, and a poor defence, this window.

But also things should improve by better defensive organisation. Our complete inhability to defend effectively as a unit could and should have been addressed long ago.

Agreed. The amount of times are midfield got out muscled or lost/give away possession in the first half was criminal adding pressure on the defence not helping it.

Feel exactly the same. Nothing wrong with a good moan about dodgy offside decisions and individual players, I do it like most others.

But the failure to improve the team defensively, by getting new players in and by coaching the whole team on defensive organisation is starting to look bad on Klopp and his team.

His press conferences after games aren't helping either. They're getting Rodgers-esque in that he seems to imply that he knows how to fix things or that the goals we concede are flukes, which they clearly aren't.

Get Van Dijk in asap and make him captain and hopefully the existing incumbent gets a cob on and puts in for a move

Captain Anonymous appears to have come out of today relatively unscathed. Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum - the axis of slow, one thousand touches too many, shiftless, beauty product selling predictable arseless shite!

Look its obvious.

It is not the fault of the defenders. They are good but not great.

Our midfield is the problem. Any defence is made to look terrible if you can get at it easily enough and our midfield is like a big open invitation to walk right through it.

We need a good, but big strong tough bastard to sit in front of the back four, or a good but cunning fucker who breaks everything up like Hamman.

Simples

The 3 main culprits were all at the back,Moreno,Lovren and John Inman wrist impersonator Mignolet. I think Klopp is the best manager we could have got but serious questions must be asked of him and/or the owners transfer policy. Awarding Lovren a bew contract last season was the start of the horror show.

It's one thing criticizing the defenders but the system is shite.

Your full backs are high and you have 2 CBs covering the width of the pitch. Long ball panic sets in a corner or long throw is the result.

11 men back and you have Henderson ball watching. Matip not even challenging for a header and Firmino in front of the keeper. Bizarre.

• Upvote 2

It is ridiculous to suggest we have a fraction of the knowledge Klopp has. Maybe Firmino is where he is because following tests he has the highest leap. Who knows?

Whatever it is not working. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Shite teams are setup exactly to exploit weakness such as ours. They do it week in week out. They are good at it.

Our results prove things need to change, its not luck.

It is ridiculous to suggest we have a fraction of the knowledge Klopp has. Maybe Firmino is where he is because following tests he has the highest leap. Who knows?

Whatever it is not working. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Shite teams are setup exactly to exploit weakness such as ours. They do it week in week out. They are good at it.

Our results prove things need to change, its not luck.

Our fucking abysmal defending is a joke and Klopp is guilty....look at the corners today and tell me where the organisation was - where the defending of the posts was etc....

If a sunday league side set up and actually defended like we do you would be tearing hair out.

It is totally unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

With regards to Klopp he's close to being a busted flush to be honest. I know that's a strong statement but we've shown zero signs of improving defensively under Klopp compared to BR.

I think we'll win a cup under him by the way, but his defensive record in the league will be his undoing, eventually.

In his first loss at home to Crystal Palace, we lost because of a goal where Firmino was left to mark Scott Dann at a corner.

Over a year and a half later, Firmino is still tasked with marking big grocks at corners. The lad is not even 6' and barely 10 stone soaking wet.

Sometimes, I don't know what they're thinking. It's truly baffling.

With regards to Klopp he's close to being a busted flush to be honest. I know that's a strong statement but we've shown zero signs of improving defensively under Klopp compared to BR.

I think we'll win a cup under him by the way, but his defensive record in the league will be his undoing, eventually.

Agreed except for winning a cup!