You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

• 2 months later...

“The ECHO understands that he damaged his posterior cruciate ligament and his anterior cruciate ligament, as well as medial ligaments”

I’m no expert but that sounds career ending. I really feel for him. He became our best midfielder after a slow start.

I like what Klopp said about Ox being a ‘good lad’ and really important to have round Melwood. Who wouldn’t want to play for Klopp?

It's a real shame the injury was so severe, and sadly came at a time when he was really beginning to show consistently what he was capable of. Klopp challenges his players with targets like number of goals and assists, which coupled with his preferred style of play makes everyone look like they're bloodthirsty to attack. I think he would have been asking Ox to try and crack 10 goals for the season which is something the player has never done, yet something he clearly has the tools to accomplish. Now the 2018/19 season is a write-off for Ox.

It's a real shame the injury was so severe, and sadly came at a time when he was really beginning to show consistently what he was capable of. Klopp challenges his players with targets like number of goals and assists, which coupled with his preferred style of play makes everyone look like they're bloodthirsty to attack. I think he would have been asking Ox to try and crack 10 goals for the season which is something the player has never done, yet something he clearly has the tools to accomplish. Now the 2018/19 season is a write-off for Ox.

Hopefully he will get a sub appearance in the Champions' League Final with us 3-0 up, a couple of sub appearances in our final Premier League matches with the Title already wrapped up with four matches left to play and a subs appearance in the FA Cup Final when already 4-1 up late in the second half. He won't be able to play sadly in the League Cup Final as that victory will come too soon for him.

Hopefully he will get a sub appearance in the Champions' League Final with us 3-0 up, a couple of sub appearances in our final Premier League matches with the Title already wrapped up with four matches left to play and a subs appearance in the FA Cup Final when already 4-1 up late in the second half. He won't be able to play sadly in the League Cup Final as that victory will come too soon for him.

Shooter knows

Terrible news - had really warmed to the lad.

Seems a very long time and if it as said and he misses all this coming season then effectively he probably won't play a competitive game for us for about 16 months.

Sadly i think it is the end of his career here.

Why would it be the end of his career at the club?

Because in a side who's style is very much about intensity and running a player who misses 16 months of competitive first team football is going to find it very, very hard to come back and be up to the levels required....it is a big ask made even bigger by the demands playing how we play bring...there aren't many players who miss that kind of amount of football at the very top level who come back at the level a very top club need them to be at.

I hope I am wrong and he comes back and is boss and I am a fan of the lad - but I stand by what i said.

We do have a knack with signing players and turning them into cripples don't we?

It's wise to stay away from inconsistent injury prone players.  Hopefully a lesson learnt albeit a very expensive one.

He's done as a footballer.  The only useful asset he had is never going to be the same now.

We do have a knack with signing players and turning them into cripples don't we?

He was a cripple long before we gave Arsenal 40M for him:

https://www.transfer.../spieler/143424

17/18 Knee injury Apr 25, 2018 -  

16/17 Hamstring Injury May 10, 2017 May 27, 2017, 17 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

15/16 Medial collateral ligament injury May 5, 2016 Jul 7, 2016, 63 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

15/16 Knee injury Feb 22, 2016 Apr 28, 2016, 66 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

15/16 Thigh muscle rupture Oct 26, 2015 Nov 19, 2015, 24 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

14/15 Groin strain Apr 6, 2015 May 25, 2015, 49 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

14/15 Hamstring Injury Mar 9, 2015 Apr 9, 2015, 31 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

14/15 Groin strain Jan 19, 2015 Feb 23, 2015, 35 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

13/14 Knee injury Jun 5, 2014 Jul 14, 2014, 39 days  

13/14 Groin Injury Apr 24, 2014 May 26, 2014, 32 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

13/14 Knee injury Aug 19, 2013 Jan 6, 2014, 140 days 11.png?lm=1489787850

12/13 Hip injury Oct 22, 2012 Nov 8, 2012, 17 days

• Upvote 1