Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 314 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/414077-virgil-van-dijk-undergoes-successful-surgery

Op complete, no timeline so there saying there is a chance for Saturday. 

Just been for physio myself and got talking to the physio about this,   he said the operation probably only took between 45 minutes and an hour and that Vvd Should come back fine , they will try and straighten the leg asap and get him working on his recovery at Melwood straight away but he reckoned would be out for anything between 7-9 months 

• Upvote 1

Good news about Virgil's surgery although the thought of it makes me queasy. Having your knee opened up and the ligaments stitched back on? Urgh!

I think we'll be lucky to see the boy play again before September next year.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Good news about Virgil's surgery although the thought of it makes me queasy. Having your knee opened up and the ligaments stitched back on? Urgh!

I think we'll be lucky to see the boy play again before September next year.

It's all key hole surgery now DS they take a ligament from another part of the leg I'd imagine he's  probably under a general anesthetic 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

It's all key hole surgery now DS they take a ligament from another part of the leg I'd imagine he's  probably under a general anesthetic 

I fucking hope he was under a general, poor lad!

• Upvote 1

I had mine done about 4 years ago after fucking it playing 5 a side. They used the tissue from my hamstring to create the new ligament. The difference between us mere mortals and professional footballers is obviously massive. It took me about 8 months to get a scan, diagnosis and then finally surgery. The GP won’t even refer you for an MRI these days as it costs too much. Still an absolute cunt to recover from. Took about a year.

• Upvote 2

Saw something on twitter that he could be back before the end of the seasob given how well surgery went.

Being honest, unless we are in a title race and having a serious injury crisis, I'd be slow to play him this season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aws said:

I'd consider playing him in the CL final if he's passed fit. 

Reckon he’ll be back for Citeh next weekend myself. 

I think klopp likes to get them some minutes in this season to give them something to shoot for, I'm pretty sure he did it with Ings and chamberlain, but they were just run outs. I'm sure if the time lines are there we'll get him on the pitch, but I suspect the time lines aren't there. And as for the Euros, if he's fit and wants to go, stopping him will only fuck him off. We just need to work with the Dutch and make sure he's not overused. 

Have a look and be educated. Fascinating. I've had mine done too but they used 2 of my hamstrings to create my ligament, I presume they use patellar for athletes to preserve their hamstring strength 

7 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

That is amazing. Who'd be an orthopaedic surgeon? I'd be terrified holding a scalpel like that on someone's ligaments, knowing that one slip 1-2 mm to one side and his career is over.

Wasn't that one of the biggest problem e Ronaldo had (the fat one) when he did his knee playing for Inter, supposedly they had a hard time getting a surgeon with the Bollock to take the gig on. At least when I was a kid that was t rumour anyway....