You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

15 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Nothing on Twitter. Looks like a wind up, unsurprisingly ha

But the echo are reporting he had a shit.

Was it a big smooth great-smelling bastard that disappeared down the u-bend with the minimum of fuss, leaving behind the relieving sense of high accomplishment and renewed vigour to face any challenge head-on?

21 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Can't see it.  Trying to force the pace in healing from that kind of injury only ever causes breakdowns.

As much as he wants to be back, I can see Klopp giving him close to the full expected time out.

This. He's not match fit and it would be a massive gamble. The "will available" is a good clue that this is bullshit. 

16 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Was it a big smooth great-smelling bastard that disappeared down the u-bend with the minimum of fuss, leaving behind the relieving sense of high accomplishment and renewed vigour to face any challenge head-on?

Haha yeah I reckon so. But the echo only said he’s “stepping up” and asks what this might mean for Mbappe next season.

With him being the size of a tree, his ligament needs to be made of granite. Absolutely no way his he going to be risked before the euros. If he's okay to train then, I'd have no objection to him playing with the Netherlands as it'll be his first major tournament. He can use that as a pre pre season to get back to full fitness for us in August.

Although a fleeting appearance in Istanbul in May as a last min sub for Philips would also be acceptable

9 hours ago, Butch said:

This. He's not match fit and it would be a massive gamble. The "will available" is a good clue that this is bullshit. 

Yeah and the "will be available next week.... in training ahead of the wolves game" . The wolves game is Monday. So he's available for training today and over the weekend? That's not exactly next week even if the match is. Nah. Like we wouldn't have heard about that. 

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can you remember any ACLs being that quick? I can't. Doesn't mean there aren't any, I just can't remember it. 

Think i read something earlier today when trying to actually find out (and obviously this varies on exact nature of injury) that average time back to training was 6.6 mths and playing 7.4

So yeah within 6 looks unlikely.

Here:

https://barcainnovationhub.com/recovery-time-of-the-anterior-cruciate-ligament-injury-in-elite-football/

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

Think i read something earlier today when trying to actually find out (and obviously this varies on exact nature of injury) that average time back to training was 6.6 mths and playing 7.4

Here:

https://barcainnovationhub.com/recovery-time-of-the-anterior-cruciate-ligament-injury-in-elite-football/

A 2 out of 3 chance he can still play at the top level in three years based on the injury is not great,for his career.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

A 2 out of 3 chance he can still play at the top level in three years based on the injury is not great,for his career.

If we get 3 more seasons out of him at his top (or near) level - we will have done alright i reckon.

Most remarkable recovery from a really serious injury that I remember is Everton's Gomes, who seemed to be playing a couple of months after his foot was practically hanging off after a horrific incident against Spurs. Very different type of injury though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Here:

Some Dr. bod on youtube worked out where he was in the standard recovery process from his social media videos and reckons he'll be back in training late April early may.

Pinch of salt obvs.

18 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Somebody should ask our own @Dr Nowt for some analysis. 

I’ve personally recommended all club physios remain awake day and night indefinitely, watching him like a hawk for up-to-the-minute insights to his recovery.

Thats right, he’s Vigil Van Dijk. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Really hope this isnt a wind up

IMG-20210311-WA0023.jpg

I read on Twitter yesterday that with the money the government wasted on Track & Trace they could have given every adult in the UK £500k to stay at home for a few months.

The actual figure was more like £500 and someone had clearly done their maths woefully wrong.

Nevertheless, that original tweet was more accurate and believable than this 'Van Dijk back for Arsenal' one.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, dave u said:

I read on Twitter yesterday that with the money the government wasted on Track & Trace they could have given every adult in the UK £500k to stay at home for a few months.

The actual figure was more like £500 and someone had clearly done their maths woefully wrong.

Nevertheless, that original tweet was more accurate and believable than this 'Van Dijk back for Arsenal' one.

So you're saying there's a chance? 

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Most remarkable recovery from a really serious injury that I remember is Everton's Gomes, who seemed to be playing a couple of months after his foot was practically hanging off after a horrific incident against Spurs. Very different type of injury though. 

Suarez came back after knee surgery in less than a month in 2014.