You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

Not even Lallana's mum believes in her son as much as stringvest does. Shine on stringy you crazy diamond. We have a championship coach and a mid-table squad. Wish we had owners this club deserved.

If you think our manager is Championship class you really are a tit. As for the owners you have a point but then we go back to wanting Russian/Chinese/Arab money launderers in charge of the club.

If you think our manager is Championship class you really are a tit. As for the owners you have a point but then we go back to wanting Russian/Chinese/Arab money launderers in charge of the club.

That's what Hades wants.  An ultra-conservative dictator.  He wants to feel the sting of paddle on his arse cheeks so he can tell us all how bad it is. 

Isn't it fucking great feeling waking up the next morning after you've won a big game (yes I know it's only for the Champions League and I know it's not a trophy and I know it's only Watford blah blah) but there was a lot of pressure on the lads last night and they came through a nervy and physical battle...So well done.

And how must the Mancs be feeling after that shot hit the bar in the last seconds.....and how many times have we been there over the years moaning about their luck?

• Upvote 5

I think he's joking. He must be joking. Even the village idiot could see that both can't possibly be true. A mid-table squad managed by a championship level manager would be fighting relegation, not 3rd, with 3 games to go in the richest league in the world.

I think Hades did an Americanism. He clearly means a league winning manager.

• Upvote 3

Isn't it fucking great feeling waking up the next morning after you've won a big game (yes I know it's only for the Champions League and I know it's not a trophy and I know it's only Watford blah blah) but there was a lot of pressure on the lads last night and they came through a nervy and physical battle...So well done.

And how must the Mancs be feeling after that shot hit the bar in the last seconds.....and how many times have we been there over the years moaning about their luck?

For a pretty shit game, I thought we at least created some opportunities, a few long range efforts that actually threatened their goal... and defensively it was fairly sound on the whole, with that little bit of luck right at the end.

We don't look anywhere near an ECL team, but then again if we do make it, at least it will be a stern examination - with Klopp at the helm - of his transfer market acumen, and what the baseball men are prepared to allow him to build.

I still feel very flat though, given we were flying and top of the League in early December. A title still seems an eternity away and by God it felt that way at Anfield last Sunday, the useless bastards.

Klopp's been good on his word, we really are playing the antithesis of our first half of the season free flowing, high octane football. He alluded to the fact in his pre Bournemouth press conference. We've really fought and ground out those wins against Burnley, Stoke, Watford and West Brom. It's fucking horrifying to watch and we really could have taken far less points, all have been close calls at the end. But we're showing we have a bit of resolution and courage and it's good to see this side can scrap it as many on here cast doubt on, it could really stand us in good stead for future seasons, when invariably we're missing players. Hopefully we can improve our points tally against the weaker sides, with this period as a valuable learning tool.

I must admit I think this has been forced on Klopp due the players we've been missing, Mane, Lallana and Henderson are essential to play how we played up to January. Lucas in defensive midfield, with Origi a static CF doesn't lend itself to "total football.".

Guest Pistonbroke

For a pretty shit game, I thought we at least created some opportunities, a few long range efforts that actually threatened their goal... and defensively it was fairly sound on the whole, with that little bit of luck right at the end.

We don't look anywhere near an ECL team, but then again if we do make it, at least it will be a stern examination - with Klopp at the helm - of his transfer market acumen, and what the baseball men are prepared to allow him to build.

I still feel very flat though, given we were flying and top of the League in early December. A title still seems an eternity away and by God it felt that way at Anfield last Sunday, the useless bastards.

It's because we got out of the traps quickly and were mixing it at the top, this is something Klopp did in the Bundesliga. I said at the time that we would tail off in the second half of the season as this also happened to Klopp in the Bundesliga, not all the time mind. It is still good to be amongst the mix for a top 4 finish. The hard work starts if we qualify for the CL, having European football next season will be a whole different kettle of fish, it is imperative that we strengthen the first team and the squad depth, otherwise we'll just slip back down the league and get bummed in Europe. Klopp can get it right if backed, that much he has proven in the Bundesliga by winning the title twice on the trott and the DFB Pokal once.

He needs time and resources, so hopefully he'll get both. If you look at his time in Dortmund he took over a club in a similar mess to ours, finished 6th and 5th in his first two seasons then 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 7th in that disastrous final season. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He will be lucky to get either.

I have a feeling you might be right there mate, time will tell though. A lot can change fairly quickly in football at times.*

*yeah, I'm still holding out that FSG will sell up. 

2i0g8r9.png

The moment when Liverpool fans pulled the exact same face as Watford fans.

It's a moment worth the entrance fee to a football match. And I think even Watford fans would look back and say that too when they know their club is safe in the division again. I even think the players on the pitch will feel privileged to have seen it. What must go through a keepers mind when they see a goal like that go passing them?

It's a moment worth the entrance fee to a football match. And I think even Watford fans would look back and say that too when they know their club is safe in the division again. I even think the players on the pitch will feel privileged to have seen it. What must go through a keepers mind when they see a goal like that go passing them?

*imagines Ibrahimovic scoring something similar against Liverpool*

Fuck that.

• Upvote 4

Let's see what happens in the summer before we start blaming the owners, because for me, it's not clear where the responsibility lies for our lack of recent activity in the transfer market. If it turns out it is them, then fine, but I'm not yet convinced.

How will you know?

If FSG fully back Klopp I think it will be obvious, but if it's not, how will you know if yet another underwhelming summer is Klopp or FSG'S choice?