You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match Thread - Bournemouth (H) Cherry Popping Red men

Bjornebye

Unless he's an absolute glutton for punishment, if I was Klopp I'd walk in the summer if FSG don't give the necessary financial backing.

Whatever any one individual thinks of him Klopp is one of the most successful and respected managers in european football and no doubt FSG were thrilled to get him on board. So if the ain't gonna back Klopp they ain't gonna back anyone, rest assured of that.

Well he has come out and admitted we have fucked up with having such a weak and small squad and said we will learn from it and add properly...so hopefully......

I know we have a lot of key injuries but it is borderline madness to think our squad could have coped all season...it is ridiculously thin and of course plauged with fragile players and unbalanced - not to mention losing an experienced defender because he is a beaut and doing fuck all to replace him.

I can't think of another top side who have a squad as thin as ours.

Somebody really needs to tell him to pack that shit in. We've watched our team turn our desperately shit performances for the best part of a decade and he wants us to turn on the enthusiasm?

Maybe he should buy a fucking player that we feel implored to support, as opposed to fuckwits like Klavan.

If he had the money I'm sure he would. I'm no fan of the gesturing myself but I accept it as Klopp's way, people need to stop being so sensitive about it "ooh how very dare he?".

Klopp is not used to standing in front of a crowd sitting in silence - it is a completely different culture to what he has come from and it must 1. surprise him - given the bullshit we spout as a club about our atmosphere and 2. frustrate him.

• Upvote 1

We'll never win anything until we sort out the defence. And we haven't done that for about 10 years. You need to be able to grind out 1-0 rsults or at least not lose the game if your attack doesn't fire, which it won't do every game.

Pointing out that the squad is paper thin and made of glass is all well and good, but whose responsible for that? Is the manager really happy with the squad he has, as he has said on a couple of occasions? Or is he covering for tightwad owners, and if so why? Does he think something will change this summer? If he doesn't get backed this summer he should walk as his reputation is being trashed. I'm struggling to understand what is going on with the squad.

We'll never win anything until we sort out the defence. And we haven't done that for about 10 years. You need to be able to grind out 1-0 rsults or at least not lose the game if your attack doesn't fire, which it won't do every game.

Pointing out that the squad is paper thin and made of glass is all well and good, but whose responsible for that? Is the manager really happy with the squad he has, as he has said on a couple of occasions? Or is he covering for tightwad owners, and if so why? Does he think something will change this summer? If he doesn't get backed this summer he should walk as his reputation is being trashed. I'm struggling to understand what is going on with the squad.

I think our best hope is that FSG haven't wanted to loosen the purse strings too much without seeing what Klopp can achieve with the existing players, and that's something Klopp agreed to as a short term measure. Hopefully this summer is the one where they show they really back THEIR man irrespective of CL qualification.

I think our best hope is that FSG haven't wanted to loosen the purse strings too much without seeing what Klopp can achieve with the existing players, and that's something Klopp agreed to as a short term measure. Hopefully this summer is the one where they show they really back THEIR man irrespective of CL qualification.

Agreed but it's crazy that this is our best hope. 

"Our best hope is that our owners are only kind of a set of cunts, and not uber whopping cunts."

• Upvote 1

Klopp is not used to standing in front of a crowd sitting in silence - it is a completely different culture to what he has come from and it must 1. surprise him - given the bullshit we spout as a club about our atmosphere and 2. frustrate him.

The crowd used to have atmosphere.

The team used to have bottle.

Long time ago in Bethlehem...

• Upvote 3

It's all pointless. FSG will never fulfill our potential but they'll fool just enough people to continue to get an easy ride. Disgusting we had a positive net transfer outlay last summer, almost all of their footballing decisions have been huge failures.

If they cared as much about winning as they do PR and planting shills on fan websites we'd get somewhere. Depressing.

• Upvote 4

I think if Klopp doesn't get the backing he needs in the summer he'll come to the conclusion that, on a few counts, this isn't what he signed up for. Not the support he was expecting on any level. And who could blame him? I don't know where we'd go from there, more infighting and power struggles perhaps?

FSG should be the first to fuck off if they don't give Klopp substantial backing in the market this summer. They bought the club on the cheap and have invested fuck all of their own cash on players. Of all the billionaires that own clubs in England, Henry has to be the tightest cunt of the lot. 

I can't see Klopp being the sort of the fella who'd have the wool pulled over his eyes.

I agree. I don't think FSG have done anything, or not as the case may be, so far that would come as a massive surprise to Klopp. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't try to move the goalposts as situations develop.

Expected a draw, got a draw, so no surprises.

It should be obvious to every fan by now, that the coaching and management systems have fuck all to do with whether a team turns up to play.

Every single squad member has been singled out and groomed since they were about 12. They all have natural ability in spades, or they wouldn't BE here.

No, football is 99% psychological.

The evidence:

Chelsea are creaming it after sacking the manager. Pretty much the same squad. Leicester sack the manager and with the same fucking players go from bottom three to halfway up the league.

It's the players who make or break the manager, and not the other way round. Our fucking squad plays when they feel like it.

• Upvote 1

Expected a draw, got a draw, so no surprises.

It should be obvious to every fan by now, that the coaching and management systems have fuck all to do with whether a team turns up to play.

Every single squad member has been singled out and groomed since they were about 12. They all have natural ability in spades, or they wouldn't BE here.

No, football is 99% psychological.

The evidence:

Chelsea are creaming it after sacking the manager. Pretty much the same squad. Leicester sack the manager and with the same fucking players go from bottom three to halfway up the league.

It's the players who make or break the manager, and not the other way round. Our fucking squad plays when they feel like it.

He's still in a position of power so should fuck off a load of them and get players who do what he tells them.

Do you think fergies teams played when they wanted to or were they shit scared of not playing?

Absolutely true, if Klopp had kept Coutinho on or replaced him with someone else people would've been saying he should have brought Matip on and shut shop.

I think we should've kept going at them, which I also said when he made the substitution, but actually the substitution or the tactics isn't the main thing here. I think it's a combination of no winning mentality, a piss poor defence and a weak goalkeeper, with those three ingredients you're in trouble no matter what tactics or formation you choose.

Couldn’t disagree more. And this is not hindsight either.

We had a solid midfield with Lucas, Can and Gini. That’s too defensive to start with. Understandable though, considering  our thin squad and injuries to key players. However, replacing Coutinho with Matip, leaving our attack with solely Origi and Firmino is pure madness.  We were on top and invited them back in the game. Having an extra central defender on is not shoring things up, it’s disrupting the balance of the team!

We were asking them “come and get us!” Predictably they did.

The decision is shockingly bad –period! How can you be considered a top manager and do that? It’s beyond belief.

Still annoyed by this one. Should have been three points at home to Bournemouth. Since Stoke try to play football these days I don't dread going there like I used to. Doesn't mean we will win, but I don't dread it,

I do dread the West Brom game. They will bombard us with all sorts of crosses and set pieces. I'm also very concerned about the Watford game. I think Niang was a good bit of business for them, and if he puts it together he will find himself at a much bigger club than Watford.

Still annoyed by this one. Should have been three points at home to Bournemouth. Since Stoke try to play football these days I don't dread going there like I used to. Doesn't mean we will win, but I don't dread it,

I do dread the West Brom game. They will bombard us with all sorts of crosses and set pieces. I'm also very concerned about the Watford game. I think Niang was a good bit of business for them, and if he puts it together he will find himself at a much bigger club than Watford.

Since when have Stoke played football?

to be fair, Coutinho looked fucked.  He had to go off.  Just shows he's got zero faith in Sturridge to work hard and press, so has to pick a young CB as we moved to a back 6.  That was always going to end badly.

He did. And he does. But why not TAA, Woodburn or Grujic then? I blame this one on Klopp.