You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

He's on £300,000 a week. As if FSG would just say "sound, here's £90m Real and here's £15m per year Gareth". We baulked at paying £4m for Dell Alli.

I don't think anyone's realistically thinking we'd sign Bale it's all hypothetical

I don't think anyone's realistically thinking we'd sign Bale it's all hypothetical

id rather see ryan kent get a crack at the first team than attempt to sign that cunt bale even if it is hypothetical i think he has shown in pre season he is worth a shot 

Kent has something about him. Also he's faster than Salah and Mane combined. At least thats my recollection of what I've seen of him the last couple games. Would be ace if he could be in around the 1st team this year. But I guess he'll be sent out on loan? Unless Klopp pulls a "Gomez" on him and figures out Kent's shown enough in preseason to keep him around?

I wish we had got thumped 6-0 in preseason, in every game. Something tells me there will be more people seeing the youngsters as potential replacements for Sturridge, Lallana etc because of a few decent minutes, when they absolutely are not good enough yet. Not for a club that wants to challenge for anything at all.

Our kids should be seen as squad players at the moment - the only one who is potentially a first team player is TAA. The others - yes, squad players (so no £15m fillers) - but not first team players. We need at least one more for the first, two if we are being genuine. 

TAA will be a star and I think Kent and Solanke are better than what I thought they would be! 

• Upvote 1

What impressed me most about Kent was he took all his corners with his left foot and a penalty with his right, a proper two footed English player.

On a side note, apparently Phil hasn't trained for a few days and isn't going to Dublin with the rest of the squad and the rumours are that he's trying to force a move to Barca. Hope it's not true, if we sell him and then buy Van Dijk FSG are bellends, which a lot of people called would happen at the start of the window. Fuck I really hope it's not true. Van Dijk to Chelsea, Coutinho to Barca, Keita staying out and Lallana out for 4 months, fuck this week could be brutal!

What impressed me most about Kent was he took all his corners with his left foot and a penalty with his right, a proper two footed English player.

On a side note, apparently Phil hasn't trained for a few days and isn't going to Dublin with the rest of the squad and the rumours are that he's trying to force a move to Barca. Hope it's not true, if we sell him and then buy Van Dijk FSG are bellends, which a lot of people called would happen at the start of the window. Fuck I really hope it's not true. Van Dijk to Chelsea, Coutinho to Barca, Keita staying out and Lallana out for 4 months, fuck this week could be brutal!

There's a tweet here about Phil not going to Dublin.

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I wish we had got thumped 6-0 in preseason, in every game. Something tells me there will be more people seeing the youngsters as potential replacements for Sturridge, Lallana etc because of a few decent minutes, when they absolutely are not good enough yet. Not for a club that wants to challenge for anything at all.

but at the same time how will anyone know unless they are given a chance ? dont get me wrong here im not saying Kent should walk into the first team but he got my attention last season and  in pre season 

Hey lads, how's that fucking massive squad looking now?

Good job Sturridge isn't injury prone, Mane Henderson and Coutinho weren't all out with injuries last year.

I wonder how Klopp is going to appease all these lads on the bench angry they can't start. There's going to be tons of them. Worldies like Woodburn and Kent, itching for moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2